Comments and suggestions wanted

(Not sure if this is the right forum for this, apologies if I'm in the wrong place )

We recently launched our new web hosting service and are seeking to improve our website and/or services. We would appreciate any comments or suggestions on our website design, content and our services/pricing.

As you can see from the services we offer, we are aiming at low end budget users, so please bear this in mind when evaluating us.

Our website is at

Many thanks for your time.

Purple Cloud

Ft. Worth, Texas
    To purple, work on pricing layout and text size+font.

Good prices.

Consider becoming listed on
    Marcus Brown

Southwest Michigan
    Your site needs a lot of work IMO. For starters, its to plain. Next, the purple isnt a good shade. Thats all for now, im tired.

Thanks for the comments.

I have now changed the font to Arial which is a bit clearer, although it doesn't help with the whole "looking too plain" problem. Size - too big or too small? Any smaller I think will make it difficult to read, any bigger looks a bit clunky.

I have also redone the pricing page ( - the summary grid is now at the top and I've removed a lot of the waffle.

I'm going to try to work on the icons at some point which might make things more interesting also.

Thanks again, any more comments still very much welcome!

I think one of the most important things is to make it clear what the site is about. And I mean whitout reading anything written (except some banners maybe).
    It's like, imagine that you get in a shop with your eyes closed. When you open your eyes inside, you'll notice what the shop is about in just a few seconds; is it a pharmacy or a book shop or a bank.. you name it...

Purple CLoud mentioned twice in the heading. I think you should just use it once and add a slogan. Something like "new color of hosting" or something less stupid

I think it would be better if you would do the introductions of the sub-directories (like services, faq etc..) in some fancy graphical way, instead of plain letters.
    This was it looks like portal than a hosting company to me.

Finally I belive that your site needs some motion. It looks too static this way. Take that for example. Even though I found it too trying to watch (just my opinion) there is a motion on the site for sure.
    Animation can also do it but nice graphics would add the motion also. Some kind of movements would make the visitors happier I belive.

I think it needs a little more work on it..

Good luck with your business..
    Just fooling around...

CONGRATULATIONS! I think you're the first site I've seen to bother with a glossary of terms regarding hosting functions!

Navigating could be a little more intuitive - took me a while to realise where you'd located the beginners' guide. You may want to consider keeping some links blue for that, otherwise full confusion between links and headings - and you don't want that.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments.

I am going to continue working on the design of the site over the next few days, try to make it more engaging and work on the navigation. I am also keen not to make it so flashy that it's a pain to actually use - it's a different balance to make and I've seen many sites fail horribly!

Any comments on the services themselves? - gets you straight to the point. I think I'm pitching far below most of the pros on here, but I know a few years back I was looking for budget hosting but everyone wanted to offer me a lot more than I needed (for the equivalent price tag).

Thanks again!