Thread: Blogger Sites

Hybrid View

Blogger Sites

Is there anyone who really believes this blogging thing (at the level of hype that it's currently getting) is anything more than an overblown fad?

Is there anyone who has the time on a long-term basis to browse through the random half-baked thoughts and trivial life experiences of the masses to find the occasional worthwhile nugget?

I’m not saying it’s not fun reading some of it, but is this really a new major category?

No.

Yes.

And no.

No, no, no.

blogs are cool!

99% of blogs are terrible! I don't care what Sven in Sweden had for breakfast, or what Marsha in Maryland is doing tonight!

That said, Sven and Marsha probably don't care about Zeldman or Waferbaby...

there are some blogs that provide interesting perspectives to issues.

They're not going away any time soon, but by their very nature, Sturgeon's Law applies twice over.

Of all weblogs of any stripe, 90% of them are crud.

Of the ones that aren't, 90% of the content on them is crud.

They do offer places for people to post their opinions, draw conclusions, interact with others, and share information. The instant-interactive factor is pretty nifty, when you have a site owner that actually does interact with their audience.

But the whole media rattletrap about "journalism blogs" and "warblogs" and the like is hyped bull. They're a buncha newbies spotting a pattern and getting all thrilled because they found a way to pull order out of chaos They don't seem to realise how small the trends are, or that they've been spotted and dismissed half a dozen times already.

Great thread, but shouldn't this be moved to the "talk lounge forum??"

Originally posted by mina_babe
    Great thread, but shouldn't this be moved to the "talk lounge forum??"
    I had trouble deciding where to put it originally, then was thinking that while it's not a review of a particular website, it is a sort of review of a category of websites.

In any case, I have no problem if Admin moves it if there is a better place.