Thread: Control Panels?

Control Panels?

Hi there,

I found a host which I would like to deal with.. they offer 2 series of packages, one with cpanel and one other with ensim. Their ensim packages are priced 60% of their cpanel equals.

I now want to know, what is the difference between them. Is cpanel really that much better?

Re: Control Panels?

Originally posted by x-copy
    Hi there,

I found a host which I would like to deal with.. they offer 2 series of packages, one with cpanel and one other with ensim. Their ensim packages are priced 60% of their cpanel equals.

I now want to know, what is the difference between them. Is cpanel really that much better?
    IMO, Cpanel is a lot easier. There was a discussion about the differences a few days ago but I can't seem to find it (anyone else know where the thread is???)

edit: here ya go

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=75963

sorry for double post.. I should have used the search button ...

I think cpanel is probably that much better. We offer both and I have yet to be asked to move users from Cpanel to Ensim. We do receive a couple requests per month to go from Ensim to Cpanel. For some reason, some users find Ensim more difficult.

Cpanel offers more options and allows more advanced configuration changes via the control panel.

Hotlinking support
    Subdomains
    Addon/Parked domains
    Better stats
    Better webmail
    etc.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

I might be able to guess which host you are looking at. I have been shopping around myself.

The host I looked at that offers both ensim and cpanel accounts said that they are not able to support multiple domains on the ensim accounts but can on the cpanel ones.

This is what their FAQ said:

"Ensim: Provides the most transfer for the lowest price. If you don't need a fancy control panel with pre-installed cgi or Cron jobs Esnim should serve you well. cPanel: If you need a pretty, more powerful, feature packed control panel then CPanel is your choice. It also includes the ability to enter cron jobs."

If I went with them, I would chose the cpanel account for the flexibility. the price diff was not that much for the level I was looking at.

For any new user, I would suggest CPanel. Even though I work with both Ensim and CPanel control panels, I would still highly recommend CPanel over Ensim. There's a LOT more features in CPanel than Ensim for the end-user. But if you simply want to host a website and need a lot of bandwidth, and you don't mind asking the web hosting company's support questions and ask them to do this and that... then Ensim is fine.

The user interface for CPanel is also more appealing than Ensim since Ensim doesn't allow the web hosting company to customize it much.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

how would you define new user? I am an IT student so I can work with computers... just that my study didn't focused on web technologies but more on database stuff (oracle) so I don't know much about this stuff.... would ensim fit me? the difference in price is really worth the consideration.

Originally posted by x-copy
    how would you define new user? I am an IT student so I can work with computers... just that my study didn't focused on web technologies but more on database stuff (oracle) so I don't know much about this stuff.... would ensim fit me? the difference in price is really worth the consideration.
    one that hasn't work with a control panel before and doesn't know how to do everything via ssh

how about Plesk and H-Sphere?

any comments on Plesk and H-Sphere?