Thread: Latest HP info

Latest HP info

You won't believe this...
    Wanna know why there has been no
    support at HostPacket for about a month?

Kevin went on vacation.

True! Check his forums. He admits it!

Get a clue!
    Last edited by bags; 10-05-2002 at 09:30 AM.

omg

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Without telling anyone, without taking a laptop with him? Nothing!! Hahah... Oh my, that's precious.

John

Hey everyone needs a vacation..

To me, HP means Hewlet Packard.
    I don't think hostpacket is nearly big enough to be simply reffered to as HP. Neither does Kevin if he goes on vacation for a month without leaving anyone in charge of support.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Yeah, I thought this thread was on Hewlet Packard...!

To those caught up in the mess, though, HP can ONLY mean one thing.

True, there is nothing wrong about having a month long vacation. I would be taking one soon myself. Although I don't run a web business, I would check my emails at least once in a few days just in case.

Well, I definitely think it would be best to at least place some info or something about the vacation thingy and/or at least try checking back if possible.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Originally posted by 311
    Yeah, I thought this thread was on Hewlet Packard...!
    Same here

Yes, I've taken vacations before, and although it seems like the most important thing on a vacation is to have fun, I made sure I had internet access with my laptop. Of course, it took about 10 minutes to check email, but it got the job done.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

all i can say is thank goodnees my web site is not with hostpacket!!!

Hey I need a tie.. do you deliver to Sydney?

Angry Kevin/HP is starting to ban users

A re-post from a post I posted at the HostPacket support forum - which has now been deleted, of course...

So, its looks like Kevin is now banning HostPacket Forum members on his support forum now, both those who were ex-HostPacket customers and those just asking for help. I just received multiple IMs from several members here that have been banned, just because they were asking for help (yes, Kevin it can be annoying, but maybe if you actually HELPED them they would stop asking) or were requesting the status on their refund. Instead of facing up to his actions, he is continuing to censor the truth and deny those who deserve refunds and those in need for support. Let's do a quick recap, shall we -

- First week of Sept. HostPacket goes down for a period of 4 days (throughout Labor Day weekend here in the States). (This is not the first instance, as HostPacket was down for several hours during the last few days of August.)

- When the HostPacket service comes back online, ALL user accounts have been deleted and there is no backup in sight. 99.9% uptime guarantee and daily backup promises turns out to be all but broken promises.

- Customers are told to change their name servers. This buys Kevin time to find help, since Jason and other techs associated with HostPacket have run for the hills, as the propagation time for a nameserver change is 24-72 hours. Nameserver changes leaves a bunch of customers (and to this day) in confusion and disarray and multiple sites are still down.

- Kevin, then hires Martin and later Ronald, to ease customer relationships as he hurries to find help to get user accounts re-created. He squarely places blame on Rackshack, when indeed it was soley Kevin's fault for not putting in place certain filters to block spam, monitoring his customer's usage/activities, and not carefully agreeing to RackShack's TOS.

- It is later learned that RackShack has deleted and physically removed the hard drives that HostPacket and user accounts were stored on. Again, there is no backup for user accounts, so all data and MSQL data for user accounts is lost. Mysteriously, the main site for HostPacket is recovered fine, but despite promised daily backups, no user account is restored from these advertised "daily backups".

- The HostPacket support forum is wiped clean and all customer requests and demands for help and support are lost - thus, need to be reposted.

- A week later Martin leaves and Kevin refuses to pay him, and calls him one of the 'bad guys' on the WHT Forum.

- 3 weeks later Ronald now goes missing.

- Kevin promises those who requested refunds both on the HP Forum and within private channels, that refunds would be going out on Sept. 15 - a whole 2 weeks later after the inital downtime and when people started asking for a refund. (Now, a month later, people still have yet to see any refund - thus have, or urged, to place a chargeback).

- Mutliple errors still exist on the HostPacket service, some users who decided to stay with HostPacket do not have their accounts correctly set up (ie. gorfed.net, hardyard, etc.), and ticket-based help/support is still non-functional (now says "trial-expired" - did you even pay a license for this Kevin?). Users begin to actively and vocally complain on the HostPacket Forum.

- Kevin decides to take a "vacation" for more than a week, not telling anyone. Nor does he leave anyone in a support position to help those current HostPacket users still recovering from the loss of data/account during the original down-time incident in the beginning of September. Users on the HostPacket Forum guess that Kevin has moved on to his next fraud and HostPacket will soon be disappearing.

- All of a sudden, Kevin returns (!). He blatantly tells HP forum members he went on a "vacation" (no doubt it was on the customer's expense - those he still owed refunds/credit to). His first decision of action is not to help those needing it, but to delete all posts that are asking for help and requiring assistance with their accounts and ignoring those inquiring what the status of the refunds are (since customers are starting to get their month-end credit card statements and do not see any type of credit/refund). He calls those posts asking for help that were deleted by him: "too annoying" and "I (Kevin) just want to remove them."

- Kevin is pressed again by users seeking help with their accounts and asking why they have not received refunds - these users are now banned from posting in the HostPacket forum.

- UPDATE: 10/6 - Kevin decides to go on another "cleaning-spree" deleting all posts and replies asking for help and pressing him for a refund that was promised to them. The "Clients" thread at the HP forum is currently locked and only two posts with no replies (posted by him) remain. All posts asking for help will have to be reposted. All emails from users questioning this move are, as usual, ignored by Kevin.

If I forgot any occurances, please feel free to add them. No one should even look at/to HostPacket for their hosting needs. They are simply a scam. Kevin should have done the right thing weeks ago. He should have offered instant refunds to those asking and offer new incentives (more space, a few months free) for those deciding (why?) to stay. He should have also been working his a$$ off to get things fixed and users happy again. Instead, he decides to take a "vacation".

Also, throughout this whole time any contact via phone has been impossible. There is just a message and no human being to take your call.

This whole HostPacket operation was a fraud, from start to finish. Just remember Kevin, what goes around, comes around.
    Last edited by Cimara; 10-06-2002 at 01:20 PM.

You know, I went to Curacao last October (God I love that place). My first vacation in my ENTIRE life (Real vacation), and I was online everyday for at least 15 minutes, at the little booth they had in the guest area. When your business is small, you never leave it alone...

Even now, my phone system will call me on my cell phone to let me know if I have any messages, voicemail or email. It's pretty funny to be woken up in the middle of the night from you cell phone ringing downstairs, because someone's credit card failed monthly reoccuring payment!

Customer service IS #1. Thank you Ford.

Steve - Who is sitting in the living room, watching my Patriots suck wind... ON THE LAPTOP...
    Steven Santinelli
    www.sms-hosting.com - Premium Web Hosting
    www.sms-telecom.com - Low cost long distance/800 Service!

:eek:

Wow, he's really done it huh? Why do you suppose he didn't at least tell you guys that he was going on vacation(if that's where he was)? Anyways, hope you guys get things sorted out and get yourselves some decent hosting.

John

Arrow

"Featuring our innovative on-line trouble ticketing and on-line customer response systems, our trained 24x7 technical support team guarantees you the swiftest and most efficient way of getting your queries and problems solved with minimal hassle. With combined practical networking experience of more than 5 years, our team of technical support engineers are well equipped to handle all forms of network hardware and software contingencies."

Hmm...