Best combination of software for hosting business.

Please share the best combination usage of software/application to run a web hosting business efficiently.

At the moment, I am using Cpanel and 2checkout and paypal.

What combination of software should i be needing to track accounts and financial properly?
    ie: phpmanager and ????

Thanks for sharing.

I suppose it will depend on size of the business.

Small businesses might find it ideal to use PHPManager and 2checkout.

Medium businesses might find it better with something like EasyPSA/2checkout or Modernbill/(not integrated with 2checkout yet).

No idea what the large businesses might use. Not there yet.

-WC-

am not saying i am largebusiness ... not yet but HSPHERE / Authorize.net good combo I guess
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

we use simplecp / custom billing software / goemerchant (which uses authorize.net)
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec

We've been using a combination of Revecom, PHPmanager and our own database stored locally.

We're finding phpmanager very limited and awkward to deal with the more business we receive. There is no way to keep track of monthly billing totals, etc.

After hearing multiple good reviews we might test out ModernBill soon.

Revecom has been excellent, low per transaction fees and they always pay on time. Support has been helpful as well, I really like the live chat feature.

Our own database is basically a backup database of phpmanger for when we need to change over to a new system.

Redhat / Cpanel / Paysystems

We do 25+ charges a day.

Red hat is the most reliable and fast os

Cpanel is the most versatile and easy to use Control Panel

Paysystems has the best fraud protection and features, really cool features too like graphs, spreadsheets, and credit card number updating.

We even went cpanel exclusively on our dedicated accounts it just easier for the customers. I hate to say it but Cpanel is our life force.

Just my 2 cents

Charles

We're using hostcharge with phpmanager and are yet to go live.

phpmanager could be better but it's cheap and does the job for now, it can hold us over until we have the time to make our own.

You can get a 14 day trial of phpmanager, try it and see what you think. Hostcharge was real easy to setup and has a nice admin area, perfect for a starting company like ours as we can't afford our own merchant account yet.
    movabletypehost.com / xarayahost.com / tikihost.com : Interested?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3691760

whats your URL DayGlo ? I am also have account with hostcharge with some probs with the Form setup
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

We just now setting up H-Sphere, and have been amazed by all taht you can do with it.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate

H-Sphere and Authorize.net/Linkpoint.com is a great solution for any size business. It's quite scale-able and handles all platforms and it's billing/trouble ticket system is great since it's so built in.

Hosting + OS:
    FreeBSD 4.6 + Apache

Databases:
    MySQL + Postgre

Control panel:
    Plesk

Billing:
    Ubersmith

Support / E-mail Management:
    (in house product, see signature)

Hardware:
    Dual PIII-1ghz+, 180GB RAID-10, 2GB RAM
    (the specs are built for redundancy, when needed (fried hard disk, etc.) we've been SO glad they were in place.)

We've been using variations of this combination for a long time with much success.
    Jeff Standen, Chief of R&D, WebGroup Media LLC. - LinkedIn
    Cerb is a fast and flexible web-based platform for business collaboration and automation. http://www.cerbweb.com/

We use all Sphera products. Billing, Ticket, and CP.

It's great.
    Kaumil P.