In your opinion, what is the best host?

If you're going to answer, please mention the length of time you've been with them, the number of sites you have with them, and whether you've used any other hosts.

Jenna

>>> In your opinion, what is the best host?
    ME!

Ok, on the real side:
    It all depends on your (client's) needs. What is a best host for one client's needs is totally diffrent for another client. IT all depends.

There basicaly is no best host out there. The competition is wild and it would take a while to find the best.

Maybe WHT could do some big competition to narrow the best host(s) down!

Jenna,

What is it exactly that you're looking for in a host? What is your price range? What kind of service do you expect? How much space/transfer do you need? Do you care what kind of bandwidth they use?

If you answer those questions, I think people will be able to give you answers that are more helpful to you. There's no 'best' host. There are hosts that fit certain people better than others. The trick is to find one that suits you best.

the best host? no such thing, however...

the best host is the host that keeps their clients happy by offering solid support to their clients and great server uptime.

heh

I think you had it with "that keeps their clients happy" bit. I've had some damn good hosts, but for one reason or another I ended up leaving all of them so far. In my case, uptime and speed are the two biggest aspects I like to look at. Give me that, and I'm happy. (of course it's nice to get that without putting a nice far hole in my bank account haha)

John

to each his own, amen?

Hostultra
    what is all this now?

localhost 1ms ping times and customer service always right there with you no matter where you are.

Originally posted by Monte
    localhost 1ms ping times and customer service always right there with you no matter where you are.
    localhost is the WORST host I've been with! They copy every file I have on my hard drive and violate my privacy!

-Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Yeah, and they keep filling up my desktop with files!