An 80m record contract

I have just been reading about Robbie Williams's new record contract with EMI for 80m, am i the only one who thinks thats a little excessive?

No, Jackson got 673 or 623 million i think. Thats excessive.

yeah but this is the highest ever git by a UK artist, i think its ridiculous, the same as i think about football players wages, the money could be used for much more useful things.

Do i detect a hint of jealousy ?

Oh yeah, and why do athletic players need a union?

"I'm one million short this month, so I'm going on strike!"
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

lol

what.. you don't think you could get that much from hosting?
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Originally posted by Lonny
    what.. you don't think you could get that much from hosting?
    easy, buy two rackshack servers for 99 $ each and then place 40.000.000 customers per server for a 1$ yearly fee (unlimited everything)

Haha..

Good idea.. just umn.. where are you gonna get these un-educated 40 million people from?

trough resellers, i ll offer them 0,10 c per customer = 8.000.000 $ , do you have 80.000.000 friends that need hosting?

Hmmm.. highest paid, and yet I've never heard of Robbie Williams (not that I'm all that up on the music scene anymore anyhow, so it isn't all that surprising).

*cranks up his 80's music*
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

You're not missing anything, Chicken. And he's certainly not worth that much money!

Robbie Williams initially was in a group in the 90s called Take That, their only "popular" US song was called "Back for Good". But Robbie Williams wasn't the lead singer.

But some how, Robbie Williams became the most popular singer of the group.

The only Robbie Williams' song that I can recall that was ever really popular here in the US was "Millennium"

But in my eyes, he's not worth 80m.

80's music rules, keep on rockin chicken get that mc nugget into some led zepplin, get em while theyre young thats the secret.
    --
    Rich

lol these record deals are BS. Most of the time the record companies have something going with the arists. TO make big news you have to come up with something BIG, in this case EMI tends to the sort of company that gets its worldwide news by trying to pay artists record amounts of money to get press... They did that sometime ago with mariah carey, which failed terribily. They ended up not paying her what they were intending to.

Remember, alot of these record contracts are sorta like..

You must sell xxx copies in xxx months to get $$$.
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

Thats why you should listen to death metal...

Most of the succesful bands in the 'mainstream' death metal are still under paid. After touring and such, they go and work day to day jobs at K-Mart and such. One very popular band, At The Gates, has done this. I was checking out at the grocery store and I saw the lead singer....It's kinda comical in a sense, but makes you think.

Originally posted by rockergrrl
    You're not missing anything, Chicken. And he's certainly not worth that much money!

Robbie Williams initially was in a group in the 90s called Take That, their only "popular" US song was called "Back for Good". But Robbie Williams wasn't the lead singer.

But some how, Robbie Williams became the most popular singer of the group.

The only Robbie Williams' song that I can recall that was ever really popular here in the US was "Millennium"
    Bells aren't ringing... I still have no clue. never heard of the band Take That or their song, or the other song. Hmmm.. well I'll take your work on it and try to find the song Overkill on the net (I think that is what it is called). Heard it on Scrubs the other day and want to hear it one more time.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken