Web host recommendations?

Hi, all. I am new to this forum. After being scammed in the past by several web hosts, Cyberwings included, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any reliable and inexpensive web hosts? I usually like to pay a year a a time. I have been using Dixiesys.com and they have been great so far, but I would like to have a few other options. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

if you like dixiesys then I'd suggest staying with them...but you'll need to post your requirements for others to give you recommendations

That's just the thing, I am new to this and every web hosting site is offering a different amount of Storage & Transfers, but I don't know what is a respectable amount. I am sure more is better, but what is a decent amount?

Depends what type of site you'll be running.

I would say look around and see who is getting good reviews.. Off hand I can think of site5.com, ventureonline.com and mchost.com.. as well as dixie they seem to have a pretty good reputation around here.. It really all depends on what you are looking for and what you are willing to pay.. what options are you looking for that you cannot get a dixie? they seem to offer a pretty nice package.

Originally posted by Chip718
    That's just the thing, I am new to this and every web hosting site is offering a different amount of Storage & Transfers, but I don't know what is a respectable amount. I am sure more is better, but what is a decent amount?
    realistically speaking, you shouldn't purchase more than twice the amount you expect to use. figure out approximately how much you'll need and base your hosts on that. you'll want to go with a host that allows you to upgrade indefinitely and easily...the best host that i can think of that allows this is venturesonline.com - i'm not sure how mchost and dixiesys handle upgrades, but venturesonline.com will make it very easy (you basically just tell them when you want to upgrade and what you want to upgrade to.)

Originally posted by Chip718
    More is definately NOT necessarily better. Just because a host offers you a boatload of transfer and bandwidth for a lower price, doesn't mean that the service is going to be up to par. It also doesn't mean you'll even be able to use what they offer you, do to excessive overselling.

This is not to say that you can't find a good deal. Just be careful is all.

Remember that if something is too good to be true, it's not true.

Dixiesys' prices are known to be quite reasonable, so they're not ripping you off. If you're happy, why risk going somewhere that you will be unhappy?

You better don't pay annually as you could lose your cash if things go wrong. Pay that bit extra and go monthly.

[/QUOTE]
    If you're happy, why risk going somewhere that you will be unhappy?
    My thoughts exactly....

exactly...

my advise is that if it aint broke, don't fix it. Stay with dixiesys. I've heard great things about them, dont move. =)