* @Webhost, Windows 2K semi dedicated servers, 150 GB NTT/Verio bw, 10GB space, SQL, CF

Greetings all,

@Webhost.com (www.atwebhost.com) is proud to introduce our new Windows 2000 semi dedicated servers. Details are as follows:

:: Windows 2000 server
    :: 10 GB of disk space
    :: 150 GB of monthly bandwidth (bandwidth type BW-1A)
    :: Hosting Controller 2002
    :: Your own nameservers (ns1.yourdomain.com & ns2.yourdomain.com)
    :: Host unlimited domains
    :: 4 initial IP addresses (more available)
    :: Your own domain is based on a static IP
    :: Absolute transparency of @Webhost.com
    :: ASP scripting
    :: PHP scripting
    :: Perl scripting
    :: C/C++/VB CGI scripting
    :: ColdFusion 5.0
    :: COM component installation on request
    :: Microsoft SQL 2000 server
    :: Server side includes (SSI)
    :: Unlimited MySQL database access
    :: Microsoft FrontPage support
    :: Web based file management
    :: Password protected directories
    :: FTP access
    :: Web based email
    :: Install on click forums
    :: Fully managed server, no sysadmin experience required whatsoever!
    :: Only 6 semi dedicated clients/resellers per server!
    :: 24/7 tech support
    :: Toll free phone support
    :: FREE setup!
    :: Just for $59 per month!

We have 12 slots available right now, so get them while they last If you have any questions please post here or email our sales team at [email protected].

We also have 11 slots available on our linux semi dedicated plans! They sell out quick so grab them while you can!

Call Us Toll-Free
    United States: 1-877-454-3009
    Canada: 1-877-203-7729

International Customer Must Dial:
    +1-919-656-4739

All the best,
    Asher Saeed.
    (www.atwebhost.com)
    Last edited by Asher S; 10-06-2002 at 05:27 AM.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

What spec is the server?
    How many per server (surely not 12? ) ?

Hello,

There are only 6 resellers per server. We do have more than one server. Hope this helps.

Can you answer my first question?

Celeron 1.3GHz
    512mb ram.

We upgrade servers as based on performance charts.

Asher.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]

Asher I can't seem to access the site (Aus), is the server down? Thanks.

On a semi-dedicated, isn't it pretty easy for one customer to take out the whole server? for instance running an intensive script or a loop in something?

Sorry about the website outage the main server which serves our website is having hardware problems we're fixing this and our website will be back up shortly.

Laughing cow:

Not really, like I said we monitor all our servers very closely and keep a strict eye on resource usage.

Asher.

note: atwebhost.com pricing change too many often..
    Ken - 145515218

the site won't load from here in the UK at time of posting. I don't know if that's just me?

The server our websites are on had a serious OS problem so it wouldn't boot, our techs have setup a new server and websites are in progress of being resetup. All sites will be up shortly. Sorry for any inconvienence.

Asher.

Originally posted by ^Kyo
    The server our websites are on had a serious OS problem so it wouldn't boot, our techs have setup a new server and websites are in progress of being resetup. All sites will be up shortly. Sorry for any inconvienence.

Asher.
    Note: By all websites I mean websites of our company -not- client websites (which were never down to begin with).

"note: atwebhost.com pricing change too many often.."

Uh... according to me, just once... And according to our TOS, price is frozen for existing clients so I dont see why it should worry you? Our pricing was introductionary to begin with. Also note, the only pricing which has changed was our linux semi ded which is now $59 instead of $49.

Asher.

To all those who care, the site is now back up.

Asher.

Celeron 1.3GHz
    512mb ram.

We upgrade servers as based on performance charts.

Asher.
    Hmm, this is a bit worrying, 6 customers, each pushing 150gig of bandwidth per month, on a Celeron 1.3ghz with 512mb ram? Sounds like a rackshack box

As a rule of thumb, our Windows 2000 team leader would certainly be insisting on a dual processor machine to deal with that kind of expected load, as well as several gig of RAM.

Windows 2000 with SQL 2000 AND Coldfusion is going to run very slow on the above box, I would hate to be one of your 6 clients on there, all fighting for resources and pushing 150gig a month each.

Originally posted by Jordan

Hmm, this is a bit worrying, 6 customers, each pushing 150gig of bandwidth per month, on a Celeron 1.3ghz with 512mb ram? Sounds like a rackshack box

As a rule of thumb, our Windows 2000 team leader would certainly be insisting on a dual processor machine to deal with that kind of expected load, as well as several gig of RAM.

Windows 2000 with SQL 2000 AND Coldfusion is going to run very slow on the above box, I would hate to be one of your 6 clients on there, all fighting for resources and pushing 150gig a month each.
    We have been testing this well before we actually launched the product, there are no problems on our systems. If there are needs to upgrade we do it. So I dont see any problem. Thanks for your concern though.

Asher.

Got an IP to ping? Tracert to www.atwebhost.com goes across cogent.

Are you really saying that that spec of box will push 900gig (3mbit) under Windows 2000?

That just doesn't seem realistic.

Are you really saying that that spec of box will push 900gig (3mbit) under Windows 2000?

That just doesn't seem realistic.
    Well we have tried and tested it, it works fine. If there are performance issues we upgrade the server immediately to P4, 1.7Ghz, 2GB ram. So I dont see the need for your concern.

ubergeek-- due to the DDoS issue our network was facing we've routed our network over to cogent until its fully resolved.

Asher.

Under the same motherboard? (Didn't think you upgrade from P3 to P4 on the same motherboard?)

Sorry to be insistent here, but this is about the most unrealistic offer I've seen posted on these forums in a while, have you actually tested that you can throughput 3mbit/sec continuously, as well as running complex SQL and Coldfusion queries?

If you had you would not be so careless as to offer 6 accounts @ 150gig each on a Celeron with 512mb SDRAM.

Or is the assumption based apon your semi dedicated users using next to no bandwidth?

Under the same motherboard? (Didn't think you upgrade from P3 to P4 on the same motherboard?)

Sorry to be insistent here, but this is about the most unrealistic offer I've seen posted on these forums in a while, have you actually tested that you can throughput 3mbit/sec continuously, as well as running complex SQL and Coldfusion queries?

If you had you would not be so careless as to offer 6 accounts @ 150gig each on a Celeron with 512mb SDRAM.

Or is the assumption based apon your semi dedicated users using next to no bandwidth?
    Obviously not! We just transfer the hard-disk to a brand new box.

We have MANY clients on Celeron 1.7 Ghz with 512mb ram boxes pushing 5mbps AND MORE each month. Some with Windows (yes with SQL and CF), Linux and some with FreeBSD. Note these are dedicated boxes not reseller boxes (the ones I am referring to).

Asher

Also note, please reply only if you are interested in our services, I won't respond again and again proving a proven point.

Asher.

Do you have (or could it have) .NET framework installed?

Hi,

Currently no. But we plan on shortly.

Asher.

How shortly? I would have to have this to use your services...
    Thanks.

Originally posted by eldar
    How shortly? I would have to have this to use your services...
    Thanks.
    We're still doing some research about .NET and figuring out the pros and cons. I cannot give a definate date yet. For any other info please email me.

Asher.

Also note, please reply only if you are interested in our services, I won't respond again and again proving a proven point.

Asher.
    Certainly if I was interested in your services I would now be completly put off by your childish and arrogant attitude to my questions.

I would be interested to hear opinions of service from people on these boxes

Certainly if I was interested in your services I would now be completly put off by your childish and arrogant attitude to my questions.

I would be interested to hear opinions of service from people on these boxes
    Hello Jordan,

Thanks for your interest.

Right, go ahead and call me childish and arrogant-- facts are facts that we have tried and tested this system. Seems to me you're jealous or something or want to prove us wrong. In my opinion you're the one acting childish and arrogant due to your persistence with trying to prove us wrong.

Asher.

I agree with Jordan. I was seriously looking at one of these VDS products for Windows as it's cheaper than a dedicated, but the sheer figures involved don't add up to a nice value without sounding like the server is going to be lagging on performance.

I personally wouldn't host a regular windows dedicated on the 1.2Ghz celery. Windows has a lot higher memory/processor usage than nix. I still think that the 900GB transfer that box is suggested to push is a bit rediculous, i'd be first to signup to your offer if you offered sensible figures.

Can you tell me...

With this VDS system - how is memory/cpu usage allocated? Does each VDS for example have 512/6 = 85mb of RAM to use? And 200mhz of CPU?

I'm still interested in this offer - do you have anything on a higher spec machine?

Thanks

Originally posted by The Laughing Cow
    I agree with Jordan. I was seriously looking at one of these VDS products for Windows as it's cheaper than a dedicated, but the sheer figures involved don't add up to a nice value without sounding like the server is going to be lagging on performance.

I personally wouldn't host a regular windows dedicated on the 1.2Ghz celery. Windows has a lot higher memory/processor usage than nix. I still think that the 900GB transfer that box is suggested to push is a bit rediculous, i'd be first to signup to your offer if you offered sensible figures.

Can you tell me...

With this VDS system - how is memory/cpu usage allocated? Does each VDS for example have 512/6 = 85mb of RAM to use? And 200mhz of CPU?

I'm still interested in this offer - do you have anything on a higher spec machine?

Thanks
    It is not a VDS.... its a standard large reseller program with 6 resellers per server. And like I previously stated we upgrade all servers as soon as we notice a compromise in performance.

Asher.

My mistake- so what's the difference between a reseller and a shared dedicated? Is this not just a resellers account? I became confused by the shared dedicated term.

By semi dedicated we mean its as good as having a dedicated server

6 resellers per box is really a very small amount. And we let you treat this as a dedicated by letting you buy more ips. We install com components for you.

This is why i keep on stressing resource usage isn't a problem. Terry if you need any info feel free to email [email protected]

Asher.

personally, I had pushed a a few MB/s on similar configurations, running lots of services. Yes.. those are caps MB and not mb. So I do agree it is possible. And generally, most people don't use as much resources as they think they need.

Well... once again, I would suggest everyone generally not to knock other providers. If you got a better offer, offer it. If not, keep the silence. They had mentioned upfront the cost, the configuration and the offering. Let the customers decides with their wallets.

I'm not a provider, i'm an end user

then perhaps you belong in the other category I mentioned =)

Asher,

1- How much SQL space is included in this reseller account? SQL server is on the same box?

2- Is it possible for you to give a custom package?

Regards,
    Mac

Originally posted by wmac
    Asher,

1- How much SQL space is included in this reseller account? SQL server is on the same box?

2- Is it possible for you to give a custom package?

Regards,
    Mac
    Mac,

1. Databases share your space

2. Not really. Sorry.

Asher.

online - s'where between home & datacenter
    hi..

when u consider it compromise in services as u mentioned
    upgrade all servers as soon as we notice a compromise in performance
    when customers feel its slow... or when u feel its slow... or some computations??

Two more things i was interested in:
    1) .NET
    2) ColdFusion MX

thanks
    RockSolidHosting.US | reliable & affordable webhosting + domains
    Affordable shared / reseller hosting on Linux & Windows 2000
    Quality Bandwidth | 99.9% up | friendly support
    [Chat] yahoo: rshosting | AIM: rshos801 | [email protected] | ICQ: 219698679

Originally posted by merconline
    hi..

when u consider it compromise in services as u mentioned
    when customers feel its slow... or when u feel its slow... or some computations??

Two more things i was interested in:
    1) .NET
    2) ColdFusion MX

thanks
    We upgrade when we feel its slow OR whenever the clients say its slow.

At the moment we aren't adding support for the 2 above mentioned items. You should email [email protected] if you have suggestions on what we should add.

Asher.