Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by kimaster
    Wait Wait WAIT!! Im confused... I read what your offering but its still not clear to me.. Am i getting a merchant account that can be directly integrated into my website so i wont have to use your secure server, and HOW MUCH IS IT????????
    CORRECT. You dont need to use anything of ours (at all). You get a normal merchant account just like any other company. Authorize.net supplies you with your own secured URL and tools required to setup a order form from your site.

To see a demo of Authorize.net, go to http://yourfavorite.com/products/demo/login.htm

and enter your name and (any) email address, you will then be redirected to the demo of authorize.net

To be clear, Authorize.net provides you with *everything* you need to accept credit cards, with the approval of your merchant account

Example

Customer comes to your site ------> goes to order form -----> order is processed with authorize.net ------> order is sent to your merchant company ------> You get the money in 72 hours

AlaskanWolf,

I got this message when I tried going to the demo URL: "Thank you for contacting AWeber Systems, Inc.! We are performing some brief maintenance. Please try back shortly."

In any case, it sounds like I will need to redirect to Authorize.net web site in order to process credit cards (as opposed to having it seamlessly integrate on the back-end). Is that correct?

-Tri

What i did was just click that link below it and it forwarded me to the demo area (i found it on google...)

You dont need to redirect to Authorize.net because it has its own API, so you can make your *own* signup form and keep it on your own server etc...

Never mind. The Authorize.net Developer Guide answers all questions. It sounds like there is, in fact, a way to integrate seamlessly and directly.

-Tri

Yup, its pretty easy to integrate it into your site with their API tools and instructions

Ok one questioned has been answered.. How Much is this gonna cost me now.. I just need to accept credit cards via internet.

AlaskanWolf,

Please email me the information and rates for an international merchant - auyongtc@maxis.net.my

Thanks

Total for the merchant account $79.00 to get setup

For all who have requested more information for International Merchant Accounts, we will be contacting one of our other merchant providers tomorrow (already emailed them) to confirm the pricing for International Merchant's

Gary,

If you don't process any orders during the month then you pay $50/mo (Minimum Fee + Recurring Fee) - correct?
    Modest Mouse Talk

Thats correct, you pay $50.00 if you do not run any transactions during that month

Great offer! I'll probably end up getting one here really soon.

I'll throw something in here to hopefully answer a few questions and to get confirmation from Gary.

There are 2 ways (for the most part) to accept credit cards with your authorize.net account.

1) Use the secure.authorize.net address thats given to you to either manually process transactions or to have your customer's go to

or

2) Use the WebLink feature that allows programmings (and third-party software) to actually connect and transmit the credit card information from your server to authorize.net to have real-time processing on your site. This is probably what Tri saw when he was looking at the developer guide.

Am I correct with the information above?
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

There are actually two more ways that require more programming effort but are more direct. Which is really what I was looking for.

-Tri

Gary,

A friend of ours signed up, but did not recieve any confirmation, what email should we email? and how long does it usually take to be signed up?

The form they fill out, goes directly to the merchant bank, not us. So it doesn't sit in our box (at all). Anytime you deal with merchant accounts, you must be ready to wait at least 3-7 days for a response and final confirmation.

If you email me, i will look it up, because usually the bank will leave notes on the application whereas if they are working on it, what stage it is at etc...

< mod already removed offending post >
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 10-10-2002 at 12:07 AM.

Question Termination Charge? (is there any)

If service is no longer needed ... Is there an additional charge to terminate the agreement?

For example, when you buy a Cell Phone these days ... they want you in a 2 year agreement and if you terminate early they charge $175 to $200

Kind Regards,
    Will

Hi Will

There is no additonal charges to terminate the agreement, just notify them when you want to terminate and they will get that done for you

Gary,

Is this special still valid? After jumping through hoops finding a merchant provider and being mislead with information and hidden fees, I'm ready to sign up if it's still available. Also, your site seems to be gone?

Thanks!
    Modest Mouse Talk

Hi Vipe,

Yes its still available

As for our site, long story but to make it short, i need to revert from a backup so it should be online by tomorrow AM

Gary

Gary, Have you received any of my emails?
    Modest Mouse Talk

What a deal,

My webhost has the "Authorize.NET SSL Connect SDK (Authorize.NET)" component, is this all i really need for online transactions?

If so, i'll sign up tomarro! YAY

Sorry I dont think so, my emails been down all weekend as well, so likely you will have to resend them

As for your web host stating you have the "component" for Authorize.net, there really isnt such, unless its simply a script that interacts with Authorize.net's API

You can easily make your own order forms and intergrate them with Authorize.net

International Merchant Account

Gary,

Please keep me updated on that.
    Eric

(resolved)
    Last edited by vipe; 10-22-2002 at 08:09 PM.
    Modest Mouse Talk

Great, I got it and will respond to it today

As for International Merchant accounts, we have worked out a deal with another company, but honestly the rates and setup fees are pretty much average of what you would pay for such an account, and it doesnt come with Authorize.net

The only way to get the deal above is

1. You have a US address
    2. Have a US bank account
    3. Tax ID

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12