Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[delete]

[delete]
    Last edited by vSector; 10-03-2002 at 09:41 PM.
    ...::: HOST APPROVAL :::...
    Web Hosting Directory
    http://www.hostapproval.com/
    http://www.hostapproval.com/hostadmin/add_your_host.php

Question

why is this thread deleted?

might be that Tom at 2Checkout, who gives awesome support - contacted this customer and showed him what he was doing wrong.

-WC-

heh

I edited it because my late payments came through.
    Web Hosting Directory

although it seems as though todays payments are late also..
    Web Hosting Directory

So, your payment is one day late?

That's what you are complaining about?

-WC-

No, the recurring bills are late not my actual payment. I usually get 2-3 recurring bills per day and have not recieved any in the last 2 days.
    Web Hosting Directory

Originally posted by WildCard
    So, your payment is one day late?

That's what you are complaining about?

-WC-

When you have to wait 15 days (or longer) to get your money anyway, a few more, unexpected days is enough to put you over the edge.

I noticed that for the Oct. 1st release (I got it on the 3rd), they paid me $9.00 when it should have been MUCH, MUCH more than that. I contacted 2checkout and they said that they couldn't look into it because they were about to leave for the day and they don't work on the weekeds.....

Funny, huh? What's the average interest rate on a bank account like 2checkout would have? I'm just curious....
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

What's the average interest rate on a bank account like 2checkout would have? I'm just curious....
    Not much. IF they got 3% they're doing pretty good. So 0.03 / 365 days, * 2 (extra) days = .000247 apx. Could be wrong it is monday after all. So if you had a $1000 coming to you, they'd make an extra 25cents?

not that 2co doesn't do enough lame cr*p already, but I don't see this as intentionally done "for the money".

I'm still waiting on the email I sent in response to a closed forum message that conflicted with the FAQs. Now the FAQs have been changed and still no response to my email. If I didn't go look I wouldn't have known.

Here's a copy of the relevant portion of the email sent to wadsworth...

You wrote:
    8. "...and the payment that we put in last night...". That reads like YOU
    input the credit card information for your customer. That is against our
    rules. If I am mis-reading that statement, please ignore this. If you did
    input the information, you run the risk of the order being cancelled and the
    funds being credited back to the customer. Sellers are not to input customer
    orders.

But from http://www.2checkout.com/faqs.htm
    Can I enter customers' orders myself? Top
    You may enter some orders as needed, provided that you make sure your buyer
    is aware that 2CheckOut will appear on their credit card billing. Entering
    orders for your customers should not be a part of your every day business
    practices.

While I don't plan on it, the faqs suggest it is allowable under certain
    circumstances. In my case, I could see this happening - an ISP selling
    internet access. If a potential customer called us and didn't already have
    access, we could not sign them up? My impression was than an exception
    could be made provided we made sure the customer understood the billing
    arrangement.

Could you please clarify this for me?

Thanks,
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

If only 2checkout's International payment stucture was lower ... *sighs*
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: sales@featuredhost.com | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : sales@featuredhost.com |

Well, it's Monday night and I didn't hear anything from them all day.....

Sales Processed In 2002: $ 31,855,997.29

You'd think they could afford a calculator.....
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

I'm using Ibill and I got paid on time, every time since 1999 In the good old days, I used to make in excess of $10,000 a fortnight and have no problems. Please check out my research here.

I can't believe anyone would still want to use 2checkout and Paysystems after hundreds of negative opinions on WHT, after all isn't getting paid the most important part of running a business?

Matt
    Last edited by topwiz; 10-07-2002 at 10:38 PM.

BS topwizz, the negative stuff about 2checkout is from inept, and or impatient people
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Well I am in the same boat no money for the pay out on the first, 4 tickets submited, 2 emails and a PM on here to TomD and I finally get a reply.

They have decided to hold my money while they do a standard verification process and contact my customers to see if they are happy. No notice nothing, and the worse part is they treat you like crap, do not answer emails or trouble tickets. I am not trusting my money with someone that I can't contact any longer. The forums over there are filled with people that are not getting thier money and cannot get a reply from 2checkout.

Well 2checkout you can go to hell. I am canceling my recurring billings and account. I will be processing all my customers thru my own merchant account from now on. I only used you guys to automate the recurring part and protect myself against fraud. I just didn't realize 2Checkout was the REAL FRAUD until now.

Originally posted by Samuel
    BS topwizz, the negative stuff about 2checkout is from inept, and or impatient people
    I will have you know Samual I not inept but I am impatient when it comes to some one holding my money without notice and refusing to reply to trouble tickets. Neither do I believe the record numbers of posters on their own forums some that have been with 2Checkout for over year without problem and this month are not getting paid are inept. 2checkout is screwed period. Wait until they decide to hold your money you will be just as pissed.

I would not have minded had they sent a notice saying your money will be late this month because whatever. But instead they left me wondering and refused to answer emails and trouble tickets. That is not customer service.

Originally posted by Monte
    No notice nothing, and the worse part is they treat you like crap, do not answer emails or trouble tickets.
    You aren't kidding. I just called a little while ago and in the middle of me talking explaining my problem, they just put me on hold...just flat out put me on hold. No "Please wait..." or anything. They forwarded me to 3 different people to tell me exactly what Kristin told me last Friday.

What a joke....

I think payment is late on my account too. I dont' know what's wrong. I know they pay so, I am not worried.

Everyone affected should turn the tables around and take action where it hurts 2checkout most, their bottom line!

One good way to get a response from 2checkout is to report them to the BBB that way they have to respond to you within 10 days or face losing their BBBOnLine Reliability Program seal if there's too many unresolved complaints.

IMHO the BBBOnLine seal is the only thing making them stand out from the crowd so go ahead and report them

Reporting to the BBB

Does anybody know how we can start these proceedings. As nobody at 2CO is courageous enough to stand up and be counted..I think the time is surely right to report this SHARP practice that they seem to have adopted.

I have been with 2CO for a while..and up to now they have been paying consistent. I would not even mind waiting for my payment...if I knew why....! BUT...the problem is..I don't know why! No response from 2CO. For all I know they are in serious financial dificulty and are about to steal my months money....!!!! Sounds far fetched I know..but look at ENRON...they turned out to be a bunch of theiving BASTARDS.

All we want...as 2CO customers is the decency of an explanation that YOU messed up this month...or the Bank messed up..or whatever! But to say nothing is calling me a "thick stupid twat" that does not deserve a response to such a pathetic problem.

So..I for one would like to see 2CO FORCED to give their CUSTOMERS the answers they are waiting for. If somebody could perhaps post the link here to the BBB we can all get this thing resolved officially.

Simon

Way to go Simon!

Isn't it illegal (in some form) to have someone thats not giving you access to your money? I thought that was a big issue with PayPal freezing people's accounts.

I can't understand why a payment would be late....it doesn't make sense to me....$32 million in transactions....surely they wouldn't "forget".

I can't understand why my page shows a $844.20 payment being made to me, while my online bank statement shows $9.00. If they come back and say that there isn't a problem and that $844.20 was paid to my account, I'm going to the attorney general or something. BBB doesn't really have any legal power. I did a complaint on a company a while back for not shipping an item I got off of eBay, and they couldn't really do anything except say that they didn't get a response and that if they did get something, they'd let me know.

I will have you know Samual I not inept but I am impatient ....
    My comment was related to most of the previous comments Monte, not the current situation.

I am watching this as it develops and am not blind to the current problems experienced by customers of 2checkout.

I do hope you receive a smooth outcome of the problems you are currently receiving from your vendor.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Though it is more of a hassle, I have my own merchant account and bill all my customers myself, and my money is direct deposited into my bank account with 72 hours of a transaction being completed.

Something those using other means should look into. It is not that costly to have one and it allows you more control. And best of all it gets your money in the bank quicker than every 15 days.
    David White
    Owner/Operator
    http://www.liftnw8.com
    Is Your Host Weak?

Well I just got a note form 2checkout they are releasing my funds today. No sorry no we messed up, just funds will be released today.

I do have my own merchant account I choose to start using 2checkout in June for the auto recurring billing feature and added fraud protection, I have been slowly moving exsiting clients to them and having new ones sign up thru them.

The bad thing about using your own merchant account is that if you get a few fraud orders thru and do not catch them you can end up with charge backs and lose it. That is why I chose to use a 3rd party instead.

Well I just got a note form 2checkout they are releasing my funds today. No sorry no we messed up, just funds will be released today.

I
    What is this MAGIC note you speak of...how did you get communicated to. Please share your secret.

Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast