Paysystems's MERCHANT IMA account ??

I haven't visit paysystems website directly for ages. I have just noticed that they release a new service called "MERCHANT IMA account". Has anyone sign up? Is that a full merchant account?
    Can you upgrade from your existing? All comments are welcome.

akashik expains it well here.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by akashik
    IBA:
    billing processor. They handle all the cc numbers (ie you don't see them), offers recurring billing, payment via check or wire transfer

IMA:
    merchant account. You have access to credit card numbers, no recurring billing, payment by check or wire transfer.

Basically the difference is the IBA is automated and run by them. The IMA is a gateway that you batch upload to and run the creditcards you have on file.

Fees are slightly different too (IMA is more inline with authorize.net etc)

Greg Moore

Okay. I got the picture here. Anyone care to tell how to do recurring billing with IMA? Is there any billing software integrated with their gateway? Also, I am looking for comment on who has IMA account. Is there any other thing bugging you with thier IMA account?

I'm also interested to hear about how IMA account handles recurring billing?

We switched to an IMA account and frankly, were dissapointed.
    There is no recurring system, each transaction must be entered seperately. They do provide a batch API but we haven't played with it yet. The fees are high compared to other merchant accounts ($0.50 + 2.9%)/transaction + $50/mo, they only pay weekly and they do have a 5% holdback (6 months). Also, if you already have an account with them with recurring transactions, you cannot transfer them over to the IMA account, the IMA is a completely different account with seperate login.

We use the PaySystems IMA account strictly for annual transactions while we run the monthlies and quarterlies through EMS (they don't allow annual).

Hilda, thanks for the input.

I haven't tried one but I was told that with batch processing you are charged less as you do fewer transactions, is it true?