Paysystems - IBA and IMA

My apologies for being slow here.

What is the difference between IBA and IMA on Paysystems account they offer?

I just want to be sure before signing up.

Cheers,

IBA:
    billing processor. They handle all the cc numbers (ie you don't see them), offers recurring billing, payment via check or wire transfer

IMA:
    merchant account. You have access to credit card numbers, no recurring billing, payment by check or wire transfer.

Basically the difference is the IBA is automated and run by them. The IMA is a gateway that you batch upload to and run the creditcards you have on file.

Fees are slightly different too (IMA is more inline with authorize.net etc)

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Greg,

Thanks for the reply.

What you are saying is that if I have an IBA account, then Paysystems will send the fund by cheque to the account owner (me).
    Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

That's it in a nutshell yes.

Check - free anywhere in the world
    ACH - free to US people
    Wire Transfer - $10 anywhere in the world

Bank Account: Business or Personal

Greg Moore

Thanks Greg.

akashik, are you sure that they can wire the payment to anywhere in the world for $10? That's very low fee and makes it interesting if it's true. Could you please confirm about it?

I can confirm I'm in Australia and have payment wired to my account for $10. That's what they've always said everyone gets so I can't imagine it being different to anywhere else in the world.

Note, it used to be a lot more, but as they got bigger they lowered the cost (possibly a deal with their banks or some such)

Greg Moore

Thanks for the info. I want to know if Revecom/Paysystems allow you to adjust the amount billed for recurring transaction?

e.g. for webhosting, how do you charge bandwidth overage or account upgrade with Paysystems?

no, we usually just fire an e-mail to support (or leave a note in the ticket area within the control panel). They make the update within 24 hours or so. You can use the live chat too I suppose but it's usually not something we find urgent enough to bug them with live

Greg Moore

Originally posted by twrs
    akashik, are you sure that they can wire the payment to anywhere in the world for $10? That's very low fee and makes it interesting if it's true. Could you please confirm about it?
    Confirmed.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

e.g. for webhosting, how do you charge bandwidth overage or account upgrade with Paysystems?
    You could setup a 1 off payment for them. Or your client might need to just move up to a higher plan if they're using more resources etc.

Thanks for the info. I want to know if Revecom/Paysystems allow you to adjust the amount billed for recurring transaction?
    Yep, it takes about 10 seconds to edit a recurring transaction. I do them all the time when clients want to upgrade their accounts.

http://httpme.com/images/update_billing.gif

Thanks for all the inputs!

Aussie Bob, so that screenshot is from the Paysystems interface? When you edit the amount of recurring billing, does it take place automatically in real-time (no need for manual approval from Paysystems)?

Do they also provide an interface to update the customer credit card on file? e.g. if the card has expired and the customer needs to submit the new expiration date or cc number.

If all the answers are yes, I think I may signup with Paysystems now.

BTW, are all these features (edit recurring billing, update cc info online, etc) also available in 2checkout?

BTW, I'd also like to know if Paysystems allow you to change the recurring billing date?

Thanks in advance! I found getting answers from their users are better and quicker I've contacted Paysystems several times but their answers were too general.

Aussie Bob, so that screenshot is from the Paysystems interface?
    Yep. That's on the "Recurring Transactions" page. Here's a bigger screenshot - http://httpme.com/images/update_recurring.gif

Then you get the popup window of - http://httpme.com/images/recurring_change.gif
    When you edit the amount of recurring billing, does it take place automatically in real-time (no need for manual approval from Paysystems)?
    Happens in real-time. Your monthly total recurring amount is updated immediently to reflect the edited recurring change.
    Do they also provide an interface to update the customer credit card on file? e.g. if the card has expired and the customer needs to submit the new expiration date or cc number.
    Yep. The client does that themselves at - http://secure.paysystems1.com/cardholder
    BTW, are all these features (edit recurring billing, update cc info online, etc) also available in 2checkout?
    I assume they would be, but I have no experience with 2checkout.com.

BTW, I'd also like to know if Paysystems allow you to change the recurring billing date?
    Hmmmm, I don't think so. Never needed to do that, but I'm sure if you submitted a ticket, they'd do it for you.
    Thanks in advance! I found getting answers from their users are better and quicker I've contacted Paysystems several times but their answers were too general.
    Welcome to the defacto Paysystems.com sales centre.

Thanks for all the inputs Aussie Bob! Paysystems, here I go

I'd still need the ability to change the recurring billing date online cause I'll be offering a service that need to be charged every start of the month. So if a customer signs up on Oct 20, he will get charged next on Nov 1, Des 1, and so on.

It's inconvenient to contact Paysystems each time I need to make this adjustment.

So you can raise the monthly fee for the overages (normal + extra) for one month and than next month get it back to normal fee?

Paysystems.com recurring billing upgrades

Since we are on this topic. Here is my situation. Customer buys package #1 -- 90 day recurring billing. Half way into the billing cycle, the same customer wants to upgrade to package #2. Package#2 may be recurring 30, 90, 180, or 360 days.

How do I handle this with Paysystems.com? As a rule, plans can not be cancelled during a billing cycle. However, I welcome the upgrades. I had planned to have customer purchase package#2, then make a partial refund to the customers credit card. However, I learned this weekend that PaySystems.com does NOT allow partial refunds.

I created a support ticket asking exactly how the update billing info options works. The answer was less than helpful. I wanted to know how this would help me assuming the recurring billing was 90 days and the customer decided to upgrade 45 days into the cycle. If I change the amount, when exactly does this amount get processed? When I update the payment, or at the end of the current billing cycle?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

One more thing. Aussie Bob, can't wait until my recurring billing page has soooo many pages.

Jonathan Wright
    Long time and very happy HTTPme.com member!

Re: Paysystems.com recurring billing upgrades

Originally posted by jtwright
    Since we are on this topic. Here is my situation. Customer buys package #1 -- 90 day recurring billing. Half way into the billing cycle, the same customer wants to upgrade to package #2. Package#2 may be recurring 30, 90, 180, or 360 days.

How do I handle this with Paysystems.com?
    heh. That's the reason we don't offer 90, 180 and 360 day billing. It's a total pain in the neck to change them from a 90 day billing to a 30 day billing. What you have to do is setup a new 30 day payment url and have them signup for that. Then you need to refund the 90 day transaction, and then ask them to pay a 1 off "adjustment" fee which is the balance that they used in their 90 day plan. As I said, a total pain in the neck.
    One more thing. Aussie Bob, can't wait until my recurring billing page has soooo many pages.
    Oops, I thought I blocked out all the sensitive stuff in those screenshots.

We only do 30 day transactions. When a customer requests an upgrade we go ahead to upgrade the account. Drop a note to paysystems saying account xxxxxx needs to be changes from $x to $x. We then inform the customer that their new billing fee will take effect on their next billing period.

They get a week or three with the upgraded account at the usual amount, then they go to the higher (or lower) fee next month.

It's playing the advantage toward the customer. We're happy as next month they're paying more. They're happy as they get the rest of the month at their lower rate.

Remember it's always good business to give the customer a break - within reason

Greg Moore

Originally posted by akashik
    We only do 30 day transactions. When a customer requests an upgrade we go ahead to upgrade the account. Drop a note to paysystems saying account xxxxxx needs to be changes from $x to $x. We then inform the customer that their new billing fee will take effect on their next billing period.
    Why don't you just do this yourself? I am always upgrading accounts and I do it straight from the panel -
    http://httpme.com/images/update_recurring.gif
    They get a week or three with the upgraded account at the usual amount, then they go to the higher (or lower) fee next month.

It's playing the advantage toward the customer. We're happy as next month they're paying more. They're happy as they get the rest of the month at their lower rate.

Remember it's always good business to give the customer a break - within reason
    Good business indeed!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Good business indeed!! [/B]
    happy customers make for smiles all round

Greg Moore

Originally posted by akashik
    happy customers make for smiles all round
    You're preaching to the choir here.