Motherboard Jumpers & Core Voltage.

Anyone give me a good way to remember how to work the jumper settings/core voltage on a motherboard? It seems lately i've been very forgetful and at work i've blown a few CPU's since i can never seem to get the settings correct.

For example how do i do the settings for a 233MHZ? i'd be upgrading it froma 133MHZ, if your wondering why it's so low specs it's because im working at computer refurbishment centre and we recycle old machines and sell them on.

It really depends on the mobo; most will be different. Give us a model number or at least the namufacturer of the mobo and we might be able to help you out more.
    -Bruce

i work with compaq's, dells and elonex's mainly. I've just taken a side step from providing Internet & network support to refurbishment technician cos one of tech's has left.

I haven't installed or built a machine from scratch for years and my knowledge is hazy. I'm not sure what the makes of the boards.

They all have spec's of 133 - 233 MHZ the Internet Ready one's that im working on. Isn't there some kind of logic to work out how they are done? like 66 x 3 = 200 MHZ? or something