Angry Really bad experience with Penhost Inc. (Penhost = Erboy)

Hello,

I am new to these forums and i want to share with you my VERY BAD experience with Penhost Inc. (www.penhost.com; their website not available now).

This company is owned by Mr. Huseyin Sumer, who is also the owner of Erboy.com (www.erboy.com, www.erboy.net)

On 31 December 2001 I signed up for an account with their company; it was a cheap hosting that suited my needs. The domain of my account is www.marcelogigli.com

[At that moment, when i filled in the forms, i knew almost nothing about domains, and i thought that I would be the owner of my domain although Penhost was going to register it.]

My account was setup correctly in a day. But, several months after that, in two opportunities, my webpage went out of service for several days WITHOUT ANY NOTICE from them!. When i emailed them, they briefly told me that they had changed their servers. And each time, after they changed servers, when finally my homepage appeared again online, it was a BLANK homepage so i had to complained to them about my files.

But what is happening now is worse than that. Since A LOT OF days, my webpage is not working at all, and i cannot contact Penhost because their webpage is not available and their DNS servers do not work.

I have performed a whois search and i have realized that "my" domain is not mine. Penhost is the registrant, and they are the administrative contact.

Therefore:
    I have paid one year of webhosting to Penhost, my page is not working and i cannot transfer my domain to another company because Penhost is the owner of the domain www.marcelogigli.com (is there anything i can do to solve the problem?)

In conclusion:
    - Never, never, never sign up for an account neither at Penhost Inc. (if it continues to exist... ) nor at Erboy (same owner...same servers...)

- For newbies like me : before registering a domain, be sure that YOU will be the owner.

I apologize for my bad english.

Kind regards,

I feel sorry for you that they stole your domain name, sadly enough there is nothing you can do unless they release the domain name or it expires. I would report them to godaddy.com, but not sure what that will help.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Followup

I see now that both Penhost and Erboy are no longer on-line. Must have collapsed. I almost signed up with Penhost, too. Maybe that's a lesson in not going for the great deals offerred by young companies?

Did you get your domain name back? I don't see www.marcelogigli.com on-line, either.