Question What payment methods do you guys use??

Hi!

As a reseller, what payment method(s) do you guys like to use the most in your website??

- Paypal
    Kind of cheap, compare to others....
    There are some bad news about them lately...
    Doesn't look professional enough...

Too expensive (I think)

- 3rd party (like 2checkout.com)
    Doesn't look professional enough either...

others??

Because I plan to start reselling hosting, but I don't know which payment methods should I use... Please give some comments... Thanks!

You have to think more in term of how many people will you reach by introducing a certain method of payments. Some people only have paypal, other a credit card..

This is why we went the way we did. We accept payments through:

paypal
    2checkout
    check and money orders.
    Jacynthe Durocher
    Co-owner Adrianet Corporation

From 1999 until late 2001 we used CCBill.com, however we have just completed a move (which we started in January) to move all clients billing from CCBill to Revecom (Paysystems.com). One of the reasons for moving was the reduced transaction costs, better fraud protection, faster support and generally an all round better service.

We haven't had one fraud order since moving to Revecom back in January of this year
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Thats a good question which I have been wondering about. I was going to use paypal but then actually did a transaction with them and its such a drawn out process with waiting for your bill with the pin on it etc. I expect this would put off many prospective clients. Does 2checkout have the same members only rigmarole?

I have also enquired with worldpay etc but they charge around $250 a year which is pretty pricey if your only doing a few transactions a year. Many only do it with a merchant account as well but I am a sole trader and so dont have a business account. does anyone know of a credit card company that do transactions to personal accounts (other than paypal)

Take a look at www.revecom.com been with them for a couple of months now Great Support and Service.

Why no one talk about 2checkout at all? Are they not good??

I am actually using it for my wholesale website, but since there're not much sales, so I don't really know whether 2checkout good or not...

It seems that everyone loves Revecom... Are they easy to setup and stuffs...??

Thanks all!

We use 2checkout and we've been very happy so far.

HostCharge?

To use HostCharge, you can only be selling hosting? No other type of merchants allowed?

We have been using 2checkout for almost a year now and there service has been pretty solid.. Also you can add your own header/footer to your order so that is looks like the payment is going right through your site when infact you are on 2checkout's site.. I would say if you dont want to pay out the cash to get a full merchant account 2checkout is probably your best bet..

Doesnt anyone use worldpay?

worldpay is expensive....
    Although it seems very good........

That is what I am considering right now....

Should I use worldpay, 2checkout, Revecom, paypal or what??

I really don't know....

Some are expensive, but look professional...
    Some are cheap, but don't look professional enough (I think)

WorldPay is good. Their discount rate is not bad.

They also AVS and CVV for US & UK based credit cards. In addition, they have some fraud screening systems. But I would still manage the transactions manually.

Other than the expensive setup fee, their rates are reasonable.

Oh I forgot to say about WorldPay, even though they have a branch in the US and toll-free number. Almost everything is handled in the UK office.

Several times I had to call the UK (but they were nice to call me back)

I must add, their US AVS (Address Verification) is not complete. Many credit cards can't be verified for address. If you have enough volume that could benefit from lower transaction fee and more control over the card process, I'd say go with WorldPay.
    Reliability Performance Integrity

In the last 2+ years, ReveCom has been providing nothing but great service and the best part about them is that they are constantly coming up with new features and their control panel is simply incredible.

Best Regards,
    Boris

I am using 2Checkout and PaySystems(Revecom) for different hosting services and have found both to be excellent. PaySystems though has a slightly lower fee.

Does any one of these services (or another?) allow for the seller's company name to be included, in part or whole, on the buyer's credit card statement? Maybe I could pay an additional fee? It seems none of these companies (other than ProPay) offer this.

2checkout - NO (maybe later will, according to their forum)

Paypal - YES

Always used PayPal for about a year, the best thing about it is that I can store money in my account (which isnt always a good option from what Ive heard around these forums recently and their rates are going up =/) but want to change so that my order processes look more porfessional.

What other payment options let you store money in account, or do all others transfer funds straight to your card .etc?

and What other payment options have a good order process interface, so it looks good within your website? as paypal allows you to change the colour of your background and logo only, which well is offputting to some customers. =/.

Originally posted by HostSector
    In the last 2+ years, ReveCom has been providing nothing but great service and the best part about them is that they are constantly coming up with new features and their control panel is simply incredible.
    Im looking forward to the release of their new Merchant Control Center v4.0

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by HostSector
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by imitech
    Im looking forward to the release of their new Merchant Control Center v4.0

How incredible is their control panel??? Easy to use, good-looking... or what?? Thanks!!

I started with ibill.com and moved to instabill.com (we all know what happened to them right)

I finally said hell with 3rd party processors and got my own merchant account. (Thank the Lord I did that with the problems that are creeping up now http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...773#post609773 )

I accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX with my own merchant account, PayPal, Checks, and Money Orders.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Any users of paysystems here who can help me understand what to put on their application form? I'm planning to go into the hosting business and I would like to use a merchant account for the payment/billing. Here are some of the things I don't know what to answer on their form. I hope you guys can help me understand it:

-Intangible products/Tangible products?
    -Rate Structure?
    -Doing business as (DBA)?
    -Average Sales Price?
    -Monthly Volume?

Thanks a lot

We use 2checkout.com
    Paypal
    Money Order /Cheques ( CHECKS )
    Wire Transfer

2checkout has been good but just like all 3rd party processors are expensive.

In the works to getting our own merchant account. And also offer a hosting company only solutions for Australia Hosts.

Kind regards
    Elena
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Originally posted by phobia
    Any users of paysystems here who can help me understand what to put on their application form? I'm planning to go into the hosting business and I would like to use a merchant account for the payment/billing. Here are some of the things I don't know what to answer on their form. I hope you guys can help me understand it:
    -Intangible products/Tangible products?

A tangible product is something you can hold or touch. A intangible product is like web hosting, merely a service no physical product.

-Rate Structure?

What are they asking, your rate structure? If so I would guess they want to know your rates and what you offer.

-Doing business as (DBA)?

A DBA is merely a business license. I am not sure where you are from, but I got my DBA for my county clerk, all a DBA does is state that a individual or several individuals are doing business as "So and So Comany Name"

-Average Sales Price?

Take all your sales and add them up, divide that by the number of sales you made. IE. For example, If I sell 50 accounts at $3.95 = $197.50, 50 at $4.95= $247.50, 50 at $5.95 = $297.50, and 50 at $6.95 = $347.50

That is a total of 200 sales for a total sales amount of $1090.00

Thus $1090.00 divided by 200 equals a average sales price of $5.45

-Monthly Volume?

This is simply the total $ amount of your sales. In the above example that would be $1090.00

They look at your average sales price and total revenue to see how many sales you made.

I hope this helps.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Originally posted by chrischall
    I am a sole trader and so dont have a business account. does anyone know of a credit card company that do transactions to personal accounts (other than paypal)
    Not 100% on this but i think revecom,2checkout require you to have a business account
    What difference does being a sole trader make to having a business account ? i`d advise getting a business account first .

I think hostcharge will pay into a personal account ,i doubt most others do

Revecom and 2co both allow usage of Personal accounts.

Howeve it is recommended that this "personal" account be not YOUR Personal checking one for reg bills etc etc
    Regards,
    Eric

I understand that credit card companies are imposing fees on some of the third party processors.

Clients of these processors will have to cough up somethjing like $750 initially, and then another $375 per year.

This makes getting your own merchant account suddenly more attractive.

I think that ClickBank and Paypal are unaffected by this, but that IBill and paysystems users are going to be slugged the new fee.

There's conflicting information out there - I suggest you do your own research if you are with a third part processor to see whether this will affect you.

Eric G.
    "You can fool some of the people all the time. You can fool all the people some of the time. But you can't fool all the people all the time." --Abraham Lincoln.

The ease of use of 2checkout makes them hard to ignore. Plus, I've found that their support staff is incredibly friendly and helpful (though search around on here and you'll see that lots of people disagree with me). For now, at least, we're really happy with them.
    SprocketHost.com
    Fast, Reliable Web Hosting
    [email protected]

Anybody heard of Www.PayingFast.com ?
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

well...

visa and mastercard have both made the decision that 3rd party billing company's have to report individual chargeback ratio , and there customers must pay 1000.00 dollar setup fees (high risk or not), even if you were processing with that third party billing company prior to this new rule . What does this mean ? 3rd party billing companys are going to be dropping off like flies . I personally believe the majority of 3rd party billing companys such as "ibill" or "ccbill" make most of there money off of ,well .... adult websites . Many of these websites process millions of dollars monthly , but because companies like "ibill" and "ccbill" have HUGE MERCHANT ACCOUNTS and process millions of dollars , it was probably over looked , or even more possible , they are using an offshore merchant account , which might be willing to look the other way . Now that these companys must report the chargeback ration , some sites will probably end up on the visa/mc blacklist , and may not be able to ever get another merchant account in the "united states" . Being that these 3rd party companys wont have there huge money makers , they will more then likely go under . More people will turn to gateways like authorize.net or netbilling.com . More people will be interested getting there own merchant account . In my personal opinion , gateway processing is far more elite then 3rd party , but whats scary , is that you may not even have a choice . Anyways , i think whats really funny is the day this was announced , humbolt bank (aka , card services international) was talking about possibly bring back there highrisk merchant account , considering less then a year ago CSI was the number one place to get a merchant account if you ran a adult site.....