About how long does it take to get a confirmation letter?

Seriously, should I be worried if I've gotten a bill saying the host i just registered with has taken the money from my credit card but I still haven't recieved a letter saying "hey, your servers are here adn here, thanks" :\

even though i'm on my third host now [which sucks, i don't recommend the big switching thing every month] they all seem to do things differentlt.

How long has it been since you placed your order?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

it's only been a day which is why i don't know if i should be worried. lol

my last two hosts did it when you finished paypal you know, it was there, in the mailbox. and that was cool. but edgehost hasn't yet. not to mention their helpdek is down :\ and forums won't be back up until the "release of 1.6" whenever that is.

Any longer than 24hrs and I'd be contacting them asking what's up....
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

alec of edgehost hasn't come online yet. so i would suggest be patient as they are also human beings. things happen. when Alec is online, the account setup is pretty fast as it happend for me 2 days back.
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com

thanks

i'm' not tryin to be a pain or anything lol, just asking

Originally posted by AmericanD
    alec of edgehost hasn't come online yet. so i would suggest be patient as they are also human beings. things happen. when Alec is online, the account setup is pretty fast as it happend for me 2 days back.
    Actually, they're not really "human" but a business. One that shouldn't depend on one person being online.
    A business delivers a service in return for cash.
    If instead you're dealing with one person who provides the service only when he or she isn't walking the dog or eating dinner or at school, they should say so before taking anyone's money.
    Anytime I see posts that "xxxx is a great guy, give him a break" I know I do not want to do business with that company.
    If a host is low cost because they don't give 24-7 service and only one person is running it and they're not available all the time and it may take a couple of days to get set up, they should say so up front and let potential customers know that the low price comes at a cost.
    I'd be very willing to do business with a host that was honest about it.
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups

it seems it is just that one person linda i just got a response from alec. lol

madmouser : You have some point there. But lets go a bit off topic and i want to ask you something for my knowledge. I am making my new hosting website, and thought of having a separate price for "Priority Support" which hopefully less people will buy and i can spend good time supporting them only . Since i also go to school. In your opinion if i mention that normal prices are low cost since they dont come with any support, will anyone be interested ?

how should i go about doing it?
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com

you can't just not offer ANY support. just b.c it is cheap doesn't mean you buy it once and then are left to your own devices for the rest of your contract.

Originally posted by tophoria
    you can't just not offer ANY support. just b.c it is cheap doesn't mean you buy it once and then are left to your own devices for the rest of your contract.
    you know what. one of my friend got a rackshack and lets me use half of the bandwdith and has lots of space empty on his box. doesn't charge me and stuff.. so far there has not been once i had him to fix anything . its been months.. so i would assume once we are on,, we are on !!.. if its a good machine

that is true. but if something ever does go wrong [and nothing will be 100% perfect 100% of the time] then the people that bought the cheap stuff should have SOMETHING you know. :\

If it is a good machine, hopefully you won't have to allot time to problems.

Honestly, I hate coming to WHT some days to see posts like this... it really puts me in a bad mood. Anways....

tophoria, you signed up with us about 2-3 hours ago. However, Modenbill sent you a blank email for some unknown reason (Im' looking into it now). I have replied to your support tickets, and tried to contact you but I haven't heard anything as of yet.

I need to contact you since "tophoria" is not a type of control panel

Please email [email protected] so we can get you up and online ASAP.

I replied to the e-mail as soon as I got it

Originally posted by tophoria
    it's only been a day which is why i don't know if i should be worried. lol

my last two hosts did it when you finished paypal you know, it was there, in the mailbox. and that was cool. but edgehost hasn't yet. not to mention their helpdek is down :\ and forums won't be back up until the "release of 1.6" whenever that is.
    Umm.... the helpdesk isn't down, and hasn't been down at all today. Same goes for the forums... I have no clue what you are talking about here

https://www.edgebilling.com/error_docs/not_found.html <--goes there when I try to sign it,

"Edge Host Support Desk: Error

You need to activate your account by clicking the link in the email sent to [email protected] before you can access your account " get that at the help desk tho I never recieved a letter as of yet.

and the forums are up now, but I kept getting a "release of 1.6" thing, tho i don't know why. lol

It's all cool tho, I was just asking.

Originally posted by AmericanD
    madmouser : You have some point there. But lets go a bit off topic and i want to ask you something for my knowledge. I am making my new hosting website, and thought of having a separate price for "Priority Support" which hopefully less people will buy and i can spend good time supporting them only . Since i also go to school. In your opinion if i mention that normal prices are low cost since they dont come with any support, will anyone be interested ?

how should i go about doing it?
    That's a great idea. Think of it as a "no frills" airline vs. flying first class on Air France.
    You could offer one price where support questions would only be answered from noon-4 Monday through Friday and a higher price for 24-7 support, server crashes or major outages excepted or not, depending on your situation.
    Be upfront about it and if the price is cheap enough and I needed a site that I didn't anticipate a lot of problems with or wasn't "mission critical" I'd go for it.
    Another area to look at is letting customers tailor a plan to their needs. "At this price I can give you 100 MB space and 1G bandwidth, 500 MB space and 500MB bandwidth or 1G space and 100MB bandwidth."
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups

perl -le '$_=`man perlfaq1`;print/"(j.*)"/'
    We've based all our support on customer relations. When somebody answers your question, you get their real name, their personal e-mail address, and any other contact information feasible which might include a phone number for voice contact. Home Net Web, Inc. might be a business, but it's run by humans. When it comes down to it, our business is geared towards being a living, breathing thing by the people who wake up every morning and troll into the office with their cup of java. When you've worked as hard as we have to build a business up, it becomes more of a person and less of a trademark. For a few of us with battle scars who have been here since the beginning, we're less like co-founders and co-workers and more like family.

(This post is geared loosely towards Laura K.'s comments on the subject and was edited to include this)
    Richard Ward
    1 NET LANE, LLC.
    http://www.1NL.net
    The low cost data center.