Thread: CPU loads?

CPU loads?

Hi, I was wondering how many accounts (100MB, emails, etc, no databases) u can run on a single server (dual 1.2, 1024mb ram, ~MB hdd) without exceeding the recommended CPU load...?

Hosting nOoB

If you dont have cgi , then you can probably put 400 or more!
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

Wow! That many?? I was thinking that I'd hit the roof if I put 50 accounts in my calculations

I got the following ques too, hopefully u guys could help me with them =) :-

1) What abt accounts with CGI, PHP?

2) If I'm going to provide mysql databases, will it affect my servers' performance as well?

2) Is there a difference btw DIY or OEM servers, or those branded ones from HP, SUN, etc?

Thanks again! - the hosting nOob
    John Lee
    Vodien Internet Solutions Pte Ltd -------------- Latest Intel Servers Now Available!
    Singapore Datacentre ★★ Native English staff ★★ Singapore Web Hosting
    http://www.vodien.com ★★ 24/7 Super Support ★★ Call +6562886264

vodien!

If only I had a dollar , or even a dime, every time this question gets asked, I wont need to sell hosting anymore!

The number of sites depends on the type of the site and there really is no hard answer for it.

Normal small business sites are very easy on the server and are mainly for vanity and email. So you can probably put 1000 static html sites on that config.

But on the other hand if you put 4 fairly intensive ikonboard forums, it may crawl and gasp.

It is a very good config and if you have a mixed bag of sites you can probably put 300-400 sites without much difficulty.

Take it as it goes, and decide on a case-to-case basis is all I can say
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.