Thread: Advertisment

Advertisment

What is the best place to advertise for small startup companies looking for exposure on the web? I was thinking about google ad words because it seems so popular, however since it is so popular this means there is heavy competition right?

Are there any directories, sites, etc. that would be beneficial to a startup host, and for those of you that have advertised on WHT, what type of response have you received?

well check out this thread for directories
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=78078

and also
    http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/W...g/Directories/

Also a signature when you post on forums is good, advertising on this forum isnt that great unless you can offer really cheap hosting but you could try a few others:
    talkhosting.com
    hostingchat.net
    forums.webhostdir.com
    sitepointforums.com
    findspforums.com

etc
    Hope that helps

WHT works wonders for me
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

But lets say you get an ad from WHT at lets say what $600 a month is it? I dont remember, but maybe they should add an advertising info button at the top..

Anyway, if you pay lets say 600, how long would it take for this to pay off for you if your customers are purchasing virtual accounts... And im not so sure this would be a good place to advertise virtual hosting would it? Dont know, but whats your experience as far as the break even point and the response to virtual hosting?
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Personally we paid for a years worth of advertising ... so it hasnt paid off yet ... but it is going very weel
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

Puggy i meant the forums not the ads but hey you've got a really good rep on here, cos im based in the UK not many of our customers come on here, and most find us on google

Could i ask apprx how many signups per month you feel the ads are generating?
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Originally posted by RH4U
    Could i ask apprx how many signups per month you feel the ads are generating?
    This would all depends on your plans/specials, support level. If I gave you a number there's a 99.99% margin of error.

Oh, i was asking puggy106.. who is paying for ads and i was wondering about his individual results.. i understand my results would not be the same, but it would surely give me some idea.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

It's hard to ads out in google and yahoo. You think so???