Weird Check out stories?

I was at best buy and the guy right in front of me was buying a computer..
    Cashier: "Hi, would you like a best buy warranty with that?"
    Man: "How long does it cover?"
    Cashier: "3 years."
    Man: "I expect Jesus to come and take me away before then"
    Cashier:
    It was interesting to say the least.

Couple weeks ago, I was in the line at Publix(grocery store) and this woman with like a 3 year old kid was in front of me. All of a sudden the 3 year old yells, "SOMEBODY FARTED!" then proceeded to try to get someone to fess up and say "excuse me". He ended up blaming it on an innocent looking little old man in the next isle.
    Maybe I should have confessed and saved grandpa

Have any cashier line stories?
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

LOL

hahahahahahah

Too funny. Mine dealt with myself and a sales person at our favorite, Best Buy.

I was buying a digital camera and knew that I didn't want the extended warranty. I take care of my stuff so I wasn't worried too much about it. He asked:

Best Buy: Do you want the extended warranty?
    Me: No thanks, I'm all set.
    Best Buy: But it really is worth it.
    Best Buy: Imagine if something went wrong and you needed to get it fixed. The warranty would cover that.
    Me: Is there a requirement that I MUST buy the warranty to buy the camera?
    Best Buy: Do you know how much LCD screens cost?

...That's about when I said "Look, either sell me the camera or I'm sure Circuit City will". He kept mumbling under his breath about the great reasons to buy the warranty. I just can't stand when sales people try to shove the extended warranty garbage down your throat. Maybe not the funniest of them all but shows what should be expected when buying a higher priced item.
    Mark Blair

LOL yeah i hate those kinda people.

Im a manager at Wm J Sweets Homemade Icecream....well Ive had about 5 ppl ask me for a hotdog. Im like uhh we serve Icecream. Theya re like why not hotdogs..i said umm we dont have anything but frozen stuff.

I have more stories that ill add from time to time.

Oh i just remembered another funny one i get alot....On hot days i get people to come in and say ... "Do you guys have anything cold?" LOL thats my favorite...i just look at them and say ..uhh yeah...everything.

Originally posted by markblair
    Too funny. Mine dealt with myself and a sales person at our favorite, Best Buy.

I was buying a digital camera and knew that I didn't want the extended warranty. I take care of my stuff so I wasn't worried too much about it. He asked:

Best Buy: Do you want the extended warranty?
    Best Buy: But it really is worth it.
    Best Buy: Imagine if something went wrong and you needed to get it fixed. The warranty would cover that.
    Me: Is there a requirement that I MUST buy the warranty to buy the camera?
    Best Buy: Do you know how much LCD screens cost?

...That's about when I said "Look, either sell me the camera or I'm sure Circuit City will". He kept mumbling under his breath about the great reasons to buy the warranty. I just can't stand when sales people try to shove the extended warranty garbage down your throat. Maybe not the funniest of them all but shows what should be expected when buying a higher priced item.
    Heh... I had the same thing happen to me at Best Buy.
    I was interested in buying a Hewlett Packard, and the salesman would not stop trying to convince me to buy their computer brand instead. I kept repeating my request over and over, yet he would continue to say "But it's much cheaper, and everything in it is either better or comparable! It's a very reliable computer--you'll regret not buying it!"
    Then, when I finally was allowed to get my computer, he started trying to convince me to buy a $200 surge protector.
    (It doesn't end there, either... it continued with a $100 software pack, $200 monitor upgrade, $150 speakers, the infamous $200 warranty...)

Well I knew a few people that worked for Best Buy and they said that part of their job (in the computer department) was to sell a certain amount of warranties per month. If they didn't, they were at the very least written up. One thing I dislike about those type of places is they pay based on commission. Whenever someone makes commission, they'll do anything to make a sale.
    Mark Blair

Heh!
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Hmm... makes sense. I thought it was rather ridiculous when he continued to say "Look, I don't make commission, I'm just trying to help you out."
    They really will do anything for sales, heh...
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Thats why i would never have a company based on commision...(a store type place) because then you acually pester the person into buyign something else so that you get more money for your self. So you know they will push and push and push till they sell.

Years ago I worked for Office Depot in their computer department and when I started hearing them switching to commission, I quit. Months later they switched back because the few people that did stay couldn't make enough to compete with the Best Buy's and CompUSA's.
    Mark Blair

Whenever I pop over to the pound shop, just across the road to buy toilet paper or what not, I always find it amusing to pick up various products and ask "how much is this please"

It really cracks me up. The cashiers, unfortuntely dont find it as funny.

Originally posted by jeellison
    Whenever I pop over to the pound shop, just across the road to buy toilet paper or what not, I always find it amusing to pick up various products and ask "how much is this please"

It really cracks me up. The cashiers, unfortuntely dont find it as funny.
    Ill be at the dollar store and i keep asking them how much each thing is... lol. It really makes them mad. They finally say..are you just buging us or you really going to buy something.

In regards to the dollar store I do the same thing, but only to my wife when we are there together. She used to answer me like she thought I was serious, but then she caught on. We haven't been to the dollar store together in a while but I will have to test her when we do go back.

Originally posted by cedwards

Ill be at the dollar store and i keep asking them how much each thing is... lol. It really makes them mad. They finally say..are you just buging us or you really going to buy something.
    In which case you respond with "Yes, ill take this, how much is it please"

Probably because they hear the same joke about 300 times every single day.

I used to work selling tickets at a movie theatre. Trust me, if you are on a date, you are NOT the first one to think "One adult and one child" or "One adult and one senior" (When both of you are probably in your teens or 20s) is funny. It is NOT funny the 5,000th time the cashier has heard it.

I even had to tell a couple people NO you cannot bring your macaroni and cheese microwave dinners into the movie with you. This really upset them. They went outside with their dinners and plopped them upside down onto the steps leading up to the door.

Do drive up windows count as a check out?
    A girl I worked with went to a McDonalds drive thru window with 5 other friends in their car and they all wanted to pay separately. The cashier said they could not place 6 different orders at the drive through, they had to do it in one big order or go inside. SOOOOOOO, she got upset about that and proceeded to drive through six different times. Just circled right around the building each time. And every single time they went through, they asked what sort of sodas they could choose from and complained that Mr Pibb was not an option.

Originally posted by Andyc
    In regards to the dollar store I do the same thing, but only to my wife when we are there together. She used to answer me like she thought I was serious, but then she caught on. We haven't been to the dollar store together in a while but I will have to test her when we do go back.
    Well i was just in it the other day with my girlfriend....she was pissed at me for doing it...she thought i was making a scene lol. Girls....just dont know how to have fun LOL.

Originally posted by Hiccups

A girl I worked with went to a McDonalds drive thru window with 5 other friends in their car and they all wanted to pay separately. The cashier said they could not place 6 different orders at the drive through, they had to do it in one big order or go inside. SOOOOOOO, she got upset about that and proceeded to drive through six different times. Just circled right around the building each time. And every single time they went through, they asked what sort of sodas they could choose from and complained that Mr Pibb was not an option.
    When i was like 15ish i worked at Mcdonalds and we were not aloud to take more than two orders per car. Our managers got on us so ppl would get pissed and i would tell them either come in or drive around serveral times. Ppl would get pissed.

ALso when i worked there i had one persont aht thought it would be funny to come through and order a large water so we made it and i handed it out the window...but we were closing right then so i used my hands to close the window rather than wating on it to auto close...and i slamed it shut to lock it...well luckyly i closed it fast because that person in the car tried to throw the entire water at me..but instead it hit the window and all the watter splashed back into the new mustang they were driving LOL...i opend backup the window and called them a few names that i used when i was 15 and immature LOL.

Originally posted by cedwards

When i was like 15ish i worked at Mcdonalds and we were not aloud to take more than two orders per car. Our managers got on us so ppl would get pissed and i would tell them either come in or drive around serveral times. Ppl would get pissed.

ALso when i worked there i had one persont aht thought it would be funny to come through and order a large water so we made it and i handed it out the window...but we were closing right then so i used my hands to close the window rather than wating on it to auto close...and i slamed it shut to lock it...well luckyly i closed it fast because that person in the car tried to throw the entire water at me..but instead it hit the window and all the watter splashed back into the new mustang they were driving LOL...i opend backup the window and called them a few names that i used when i was 15 and immature LOL.
    Fired?

Hehe.. I remember when I worked at Maccas calling my brother an ******* (he had lined up for food).. Soon after I was threatened to be fired, brother or not!

Maccas has to be the worst place to work.

I don't do fast food. Serve it or eat it. blech!

Here's what I tell people my favorite job was:
    "Shoveling horse ****, . . . because it doesn't pretend to be anything else."
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Originally posted by Hiccups
    <snip>

A girl I worked with went to a McDonald's drive thru window with 5 other friends in their car and they all wanted to pay separately. The cashier said they could not place 6 different orders at the drive through, they had to do it in one big order or go inside. SOOOOOOO, she got upset about that and proceeded to drive through six different times. Just circled right around the building each time. And every single time they went through, they asked what sort of sodas they could choose from and complained that Mr Pibb was not an option.
    When I was a kid I was on a school trip. We ended up at McDonald's, two bus loads full, the place was packed, so me and 3 of my buddies WALKED thru the drive-thru.

I was the driver and they were the passengers.

When we got to the window we told the girl our car was
    invisible.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

lmao kids
    Vinh,
    ShockHost - host me up scotty
    http://www.ShockHost.com
    (Coming soon to a world near you next month)

Originally posted by ljprevo
    When we got to the window we told the girl our car was
    invisible.
    What'd she do?
    -Mooneer

Originally posted by mind21_98

What'd she do?
    She just laughed.

When we got to the 2nd window the manager told us.

Don't you guys ever do that again
    I was a dumb 15 year old back in 1988, can you guess my age now?

I was a dumb 15 year old back in 1988, can you guess my age now?
    29's not bad.
    -Mooneer

Originally posted by Darth

Fired?
    LOL no because the manager ran out the door and threw some left over hamburgars at their car and gave them some kind words of encouragement. LOL.

Originally posted by mind21_98

29's not bad.
    Good job! The is because I will be 30 next year. Oh well , maybe I should Walk through another drive thru.

...maybe I should Walk through another drive thru.
    If you're lucky you'll get the same manager shouting "I thought I told you rascals to cut that out..."
    Mark Blair

lol oh the days...i was at grand ol' taco bell the other day...the dumbest thing they decided to move all the sauce to like behind the desk i kept asking the lady for sauce and shes like "you have to order here to get sauce" or something to that effect yet i had orderd so im like "lady you wanna see my reciet" im guessing she was the manager anyways she is all being a jerk and asked me to leave and course i was confused as hell ( i ask for sauce and im told to leave) so i aks her "why" in a kind manner and shes like "leave now or ill call the cops..." so i proceeded to get on my bike and burn rubber like 3 times around the parking lot (motorcycle) sorry just thought it was funy...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I thought I told you rascals to cut that out
    Thts too funny and sadly enuff entirely possible
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

Circuit city isnt so bad with warantees, but when I go to best buy they try to push it on me, i start abusing them once they start.