Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Edgehost.com -- Reputable? Anyone with Experience? Comments?

I've done a search but didn't find enough, I want some fresh news.

So, most of the thread is in the subject line, help me out here, thinking about going with reseller plan enterprise!

From what I have read they some pretty decent.
    Their refund policy is tricky(not unconditional), but if you give them a valid reason you will have no problems getting your money back.
    Their support forums seem alright as well.
    My piece of advise - go with them, if you experience a lot of downtime, use the money back guarantee.

What do you mean it's tricky? Please could you go into detail [i don't want to get myself into any bother going with them].
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

You MUST have a very good reason for your refund. To much downtime etc.

N9ne,

If you look back over the forums you will see that we recently ran into a problem with a customer. However, we worked that out with him and he is happy again and is still using our services.

In our TOS, the "refunds" section is quite brief. We are having a legal person re-write that section now. Basiclly you have a 14-day money back guarantee, IF you provide a valid reason.

Why? We have had about 9 signups the past few weeks with users that signup, and then cancel minutes later, or a few days later but don't even touch their account.

If you have tons of downtime, support is aweful, we cheat you, etc, then we will have no problem giving you a refund. If you say "ah... i don't want to use you anymore... can I have a refund?" then we might be a bit hesitant. Just last night somebody signed up and then cancelled. They said they signuped up with the wrong host... they typed in the wrong url

Anyways, we resolved all of those issues and the clients are happy... they just wanted to post at WHT before we could resolve things

I will let other users post feedback on us now

Cheers

I signed up with them yesterday. so far so good but email replies are pretty slow.

but i got a good deal, so thanks edgehost team.
    Last edited by AmericanD; 10-02-2002 at 02:13 PM.
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com

Alec - Which of your data centers have which connections? Which are your new dedicated servers going into?

AmericanD: how long did it take them to reply to your E-Mails? Were the queries in the Emails ones which take a long time to address? Or were they simple things?

N9ne : i figured that was my mistake. i was replying to their old tickets which maybe they closed already. but if we email phpcoder directly, i get replies in good time.

Ok, sounds good. Anyone else with exerpience with EdgeHost?

mainarea,

All dedicated servers are located at eXchange Colo in California. The servers would be on a 100mbps switch, and bandwidth is bgp4 routed (however we primarily use Cognet). However Tier 1 bandwidth to Internap, Verio, and Williams will be availiable soon.

Thanks,
    Alec

P.S. All emails sent to support@, billing@, sales@ are all logged into the helpdesk. If you reply to a closed ticket we wont know (unless you reopen it).

phpcoder: when was the last time you had down-time and for how long? [stats available?]

N9ne has some interesting questions i should have asked earlier my bad.

We don't have any stats availiable for downtime yet. We are currently creating a few "member area" products which will give you access to stats like this (uptime/downtime, mrtg, billing, etc).

The last major downtime that we had was about 30 minutes... about 1 week ago. That was due to hardware problems on AMD3. That was the last straw so we moved its HD to a new server:

P4 1.6ghz
    1GB RAM
    2x40GB HD's

However, that server is filled and we haven't been adding clients to it. Supposing you want CPanel you would be on an:

AMD XP 2000+
    1.5GB RAM
    2x80GB HD

Excellent, I'm a big AMD fan [yes I will be using CPanel, I'm a CPanel addict]

Everything is going well here... there was bit of trouble with downtime due to hardware problems as phpcoder stated, but so far after upgrading the machine, everything has been fine. I've always had quick replies to my questions, and usually I just talk to Alec or another rep directly through AIM, ICQ, etc. E-mail replies are quick as well and there is always the support forums which are frequented by staff members.

Besides the little quirks with downtime, I've been very pleased with the service and their support has always treated me well. If you would like to visit one of the sites I host, you can check out www.kasiyahan.com.

Hope that helps.

So far they've been very good with me. If this keeps on the way it is, i dont see why i wont stick to edgehost for a long time.

Thumbs up

edgehost have been quite good, I've been with them for a month now.

Support tickets get resolved quickly and Alec or Kelsey are available to answer any questions on icq.

Justin

It's good to see so many happy customers of a host

I've been with Edge-Host for about a month and a half. I've had a couple of frustrating moments (mostly with Cpanel and what it won't do) but I want to say that Alec and Kelsey have both bent over backwards to retain me as a customer. They appear to be interested in maintaining and expanding the business; as they are frequently providing new services, servers, skins, upgraded bandwidth, etc.
    I followed the thread on the refund policy and I can honestly tell you that if you signed up and had a good reason for leaving I don't think you would have a big problem. They seem to have their eye on the big picture rather then on the short term month to month. Give them a shot.

Tom

Although edge-host did have a bit of problems when I first signed up, they have been working hard to improve their services. They also keep us updated as to what has been happening, and what they plan to improve. Their support is really great. I usually get replies within the hour, or within the next few.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone. It's been a great two months so far.

Two months in with them... no problems yet.

I have a virtual account with them, been there for a couple of months.

It's been a pretty shakey start but things seem to be slowly getting better.

For example,
    - The forums keep moving, changing. Posts seem to disappear.
    - Support ticket database got wiped out at one point, lost my login info and the ticket I had.
    - Downtime due to amd3 troubles was almost 2 days.

Those things are all growing pains as far as I'm concerned and they are getting better.

The only thing that concerns me and that you should be aware of is the slow script execution.

I have only a couple of small scripts on my site and they struggle to complete within 30 seconds. Sometimes they are very quick, less than a sec, but most of the time they are very slow.
    Others have reported the same thing running PHPNuke.
    I've wathced the CPU usage and it seems a little high.

Support wise, they are very good. Mostly cause Alec is always around, helping in the forums or online. He does a good job and they score high in the service area because of it IMO.

I wouldn't go with a host if script execution takes a while....

Could be a poorly written script

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast