Thread: ********* ...

S_t_a_r_t_p_a_g_e ...

Hello,

I have a question. What would you guys think of a startingpage, so a page where all links are fitted in together in categorie's. People (like you and me) then can moderate and setup subpages for more categories, and so they can help expanding the site. Then you can find allmost of all specific topics links, categories or subpages. You like the idea ? Post it here or PM me if you want to help !

Grtz, Roel V. aka
    The_ReVenger

PS.: I'm looking for a good host also with php and no ads, thanks ! If the idea is gonna work i'm going to take a paidhost.
    Last edited by The_ReVenger; 10-03-2002 at 10:28 AM.

Are you talking about building a program that does something like this?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Roel,

Take a look at www.gossamer-threads.com

They have a product called LinksSQL that fits your needs, I think.
    <!-- boo! -->

Yeh. I think you hit it a lot closer than I did, Scott.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

No no thanks for helping but that's not what i meant. I ment something like www.evenchillen.com (my site, look at the ********* button, only that page is the right one i mean, so index.php) ..... get the idea ? What would you guys think of that kind of site in english, if you want to help me say plz, i can use all the help i need.

im confused as heck can you restate what your talking about? i take it your not from the usa,uk or another english speakin country?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

hmm

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Are you talking about building a program that does something like this?
    no no no.. he's talking about something like this

Originally posted by aragon

no no no.. he's talking about something like this
    No, I think he is talking about something like this
    > UNIXIELHOST | Affordable Web Hosting
    > cPanel/WHM & Fantastico
    > http://www.unixielhost.net

Please don't be kidding around, it's a serious idea. I really don't know how the stars come up, but on the topic title their has to be s*t*a*r*t*p*a*g*e without the stars between it. Further more yeah something like yahoo only then in blocks like on www.evenchillen.com homepage.

As I said before, look at LinksSQL from Gossamer-Threads -- http://www.gossamer-threads.com -- and modify it to fit your needs. It's all template driven and very easy to enhance.
    <!-- boo! -->

Originally posted by DizixCom
    As I said before, look at LinksSQL from Gossamer-Threads -- http://www.gossamer-threads.com -- and modify it to fit your needs. It's all template driven and very easy to enhance.
    You certainly don't get what i mean, i mean something like www.evenchillen.com, not a file or database or something., just an idea for a site.

I suppose then, you have to figure out a way to describe exactly what it is you are looking for then because nobody here seems to 'get it'.

www.evenchillen.com could be implemented using LinksSQL. It is, afterall just a site that displays links in boxes right? Try and put it in words that we'll understand and I'm sure we can assist.
    <!-- boo! -->

If you understand it this way :p, then i'll say it this way , it is gonna be a site with links in boxes .... but only usefull links. Is that a good idea ? Or noT ?

i think you need to decide exactly what you want first...seems like you have a decent idea just needs more though behind it...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

That's what LinksSQL does.

Originally posted by The_ReVenger
    If you understand it this way :p, then i'll say it this way , it is gonna be a site with links in boxes .... but only usefull links. Is that a good idea ? Or noT ?
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

Originally posted by The_ReVenger
    who decides "useful links" ?

personally I think a simple site with "useful links" will be VERY hard to make successful. You'd better be a wiz in marketing and have great people skills to make people visit a site with 200 links crammed onto one page

I think it is a good idea, actually I know it, but I don't know if it's also going to work here at the english/american speaking guys. So I ask you, who wants to help ?