Order Form Help (Need guidance!)

Hey guys. This would happen to be a repeat post here (is also in the Running a Hosting Biz section), so if you are seeing this for the second time, I apologize.

Anyways, I am starting my own webhosting biz now, and have completed everything (merchant account, domain reseller account, website design, even business plan.) Everything except for one critical page, the ordering page! When it comes to form processing, I have never really understood it and get confused easily.

So, that's why I'm here. I'm looking for help with my ordering page. I have HostCharge as my merchant account. What I'm looking for is to take the order form that I already have design, plug in the variables, and have this information either emailed securly or stored somewhere on the server for later activation. After you submit, you are taken to HostCharge to pay. You choose your plan pricing through a drop down box on the form (so I don't know how to split this up with HostCharge's different links).

Hopefully this is making sense. I was anticipating using phpManager as well, but I do not want to use any of their included forms or client management systems.

If anyone could help out, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

Michael

Post in the Job Offers and Requests forum you should be able to get it done pretty cheap.

Well, I'm trying to get guidence first to do it myself, and then if I really can't do it myself, I might consider paid help.

I dont know really anything about html so I just asked for paid help and got the job done for 10 bucks.. I did try messing around for a while with formmail and submit.pl but could not figure it out.. you might look into those two.. there is another called submit.pl but have never personally looked into it.. another option is using frontpage which has built in forms.. <waits for flames>

I just use a standard html form. But then I use a cgi script call gsecure which uses gpg to encrypt the data. You can probably find it at www.hotscripts.com.

I have looked into a script similar to this, but still have a concern.

If I have the customer choose the plan they want from a drop down menu on the order form, how do I change the URL that the customer will be directed to to make payment?? Since I'm using HostCharge and they have individual links for the different products, how can I make all of this work with only one order form?? Any suggestions??

Thanks everyone!

I looked into sending the sign up info straight to 2checkout but heard from several sources that it was very unsecure. So I figured this would be the best way since I didnt want to forward them to 2checkout.

You can can redirect to the correct url based on the selected option in the drop down box with PHP or PERL, if the form you are using has a field that sends users to a thank you page or something similar, then replace that field with a drop down menu something like:

<select name="go_to_url" size="1">
    <option value="">Select Hosting Plan</option>
    <option value="https://hostcharge.com/plan1">Plan1</option>
    <option value="https://hostcharge.com/plan2">Plan2</option>
    </select>

Post your order form here if you still can't figure it out.

I'm not sure I follow you on this. Let me PM you with the order form (as I don't want to post this publicly on the boards)

Sure go ahead.