Namestrong shut down for unknown reason

I think its because they were not able to provide the cash flow needed to run such a small profit business...

What were they making, around $1.92 per domain before credit card charges... not enough to maintain cash flow.

Namestrong Closing Down

I just checked NameStrong's site and got a message saying they are closing down for good. No reason given. However, the good news is, they are moving all domains to NameCheap free of charge.

<<MOD NOTE: Two threads merged, so some posts may be similar>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-03-2002 at 02:03 AM.

Wow, that's bad news.... How many domains did they registered? How long were they in business?
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

That's really too bad, I had just registered one domain with NameStrong and was about to transfer several more. They had a great site/interface, and some nice features that most places don't have. Luckily they're moving all of their accounts to NameCheap, which was my second choice for a registrar (and is now my first).

I hope already having an account at NameCheap with the same name as my NameStrong one won't be a problem I doubt it, but I'll ask them just in case.

NameStrong closing down had nothing to do with financial issues.

un-avoidable reasons

... un-avoidable reasons ...
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Originally posted by enetwork
    NameStrong closing down had nothing to do with financial issues.
    How do you know this? Work for them?
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

enetwork is a represtenative from namecheap... maybe namestrong shut down for legal issues.

The reason most proberly is that namecheap bought them out as they are obviously getting all their current customers and a namecheap rep has posted that "NameStrong closing down had nothing to do with financial issues"

I dont see why they dont just come out in the open and explain.

Too bad for namestrong. I wish them luck in their future business.

Cheers.
    tw
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-03-2002 at 08:21 AM.
    WirelessCon.Com BlackHat.INFO Business.NU

NameStrong is in fact shutting down as a result of legal issues. We are not trying to hide anything from you. This is a sensitive issue so we would prefer not go any further at this time.

hmm... what kind of legal issues could this be? Is it to do with the web site or the business?

It could be to do with their web site design being ripped from another site or a trademark dispute. The worst possible situation is that namestrong is a cover up for money laundering or something illegal.

I understand why namestrong dont want to tell everyone why they are shutting down, but as seen as their credibility no longer exists... why dont they just explain what happened, so the rest of us can try to avoid the situation they got into.

This is a sensitive issue so we would prefer not go any further at this time.
    blob2, please just follow our request for now. Thanks :-)

On a sidenote, yes, I am a representative of Namecheap.com if that was your next question. Thanks.

James Paden

I still haven't gotten any information about my account being transferred to Namecheap. I don't mind being transferred but I can't login to Namecheap with my Namestrong user name and I haven't received any information about it yet.

Same for me...

The switch from Namestrong to Namecheap will take a while. It's a large project and it's something we have to be very careful with, as you can imagine. For the meantime, you can still use the Namestrong system to modify your domains. Thanks.

James