Thread: University?

University?

Is anyone else out there at university, especially those who have just started, how's it going, whats it like etc??
    Thats to people in the US and the UK but especially in the UK

Oxford

I don't start for another 1.5 weeks yet; right now I'm trying to work out where I'm living. (College couldn't offer me space, so I found somewhere else; but now the college can offer me space, so I'm trying to find someone else to take over my lease...)
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

well ive been here a week an a half and its so weird, i mean some days are really good you see quite a few people and meet some new ones but then like 2day all my lectures have been cancelled and ive spent most of the day in my room

Re: University?

Originally posted by tazd9t9
    Is anyone else out there at university, especially those who have just started, how's it going, whats it like etc??
    Thats to people in the US and the UK but especially in the UK
    tazd9t9, you have to go. They were definately 3 of the best years of my life. I would reccomend it to anyone, you definately wont regret it. Make sure you live in though, people who commute dont get the real student life. One's thing for sure now though, i will never have to live off rice and gravy for a couple of weeks like I did during 'poor times' as a student.

I am already at university i am not considering going

Originally posted by tazd9t9
    I am already at university i am not considering going
    The homesickness goes away once you discover the parties.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

I half completed a degree in psychology (also doing philisophy, anthropology, and sociology), but never did get the urge to complete it. Looking back I probably should have, but life has an odd habit of changing direction at times

On the upside, all four subjects did help me a lot in what I do know. Nothing like understanding something of the human condition when you're getting someone's support issue fixed during the graveyard shift - especially philosophy

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.