Do yourself a favor and don't go with IPowerWeb.

My site is down about an hour a day these days. Uptime, schmuptime. You all may have read my previous posts about wanting IPowerWeb's servers to take a trip through a tree mulcher, and it seems as though they've finally taken my advice.

After finally implementing a new "Instant Help" system (which in reality is merely an e-mail form), I now get responses to be technical inquiries. It's unfortunate that they seem to think everything is "resolved," when in fact this isn't the case.

Each time I e-mail them to tell them my site is loading extremely slowly, or that it's completely down, I get a response similar to "The issue has been resolved. We encourage you to run some of your own tests." Yeah, well, I think the fact that the site never comes up, regardless of the computer you use, is a good indication that the problem isn't solved.

After several responses like this, I finally got a response saying another customer on my same server was using up the resources, thus slowing down my site. They informed me that I could be moved to a better server, at no additional cost. I responded, inquiring as to whether this switch would increase the length of my contract (it ends next month, thank GOD!). I never got the "24-hour" response I was promised.

So, that's what has happened since I last came here. Don't go with them. Please. Just don't.

Here's another one of my old threads:

I think iPowerWeb is the greatest webhost ever!!!

Just wait. Your time will come.

How long have you been with them?

San Luis Obispo, CA
    time for a new host
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

NSyncVillage said...
    My site is down about an hour a day these days.
    I have one site with iPowerweb and have never found it to be down. I also have several clients with them and have never heard a complaint. Could you tell us what program you are using that tells you your site is down "about an hour a day". It looks like I had better start using it.

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans with the Web Hosting Comparison.

Yes, what software are you using that reports 60 minutes of down time each day?
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.