Thread: domain transfer

domain transfer

i have recently transfered a .com domain to oneandone.co.uk, however they wont allow me to set name server of my domain!!!

i would like to transfer it to a decent registar but wonder if this is restricted to a 60day non transferable rule? or is this 60day only apply to new registered domains?

please kindly help me .

thanks

aming

In theory you should have no trouble, and unless these oneandone.co.uk people are complete bastards, they should have no trouble communicating with you about moving if you need to create a name server and they don't provide that service...

Have you asked them yet? Try that first, but in the event that they have been trained at the Verisign School of Business Ethics, you might then come back here and seek some advice.

Good Luck..

Re: domain transfer

Originally posted by aming
    i have recently transfered a .com domain to oneandone.co.uk, however they wont allow me to set name server of my domain!!!

i would like to transfer it to a decent registar but wonder if this is restricted to a 60day non transferable rule? or is this 60day only apply to new registered domains?

please kindly help me .

thanks

aming
    I ran into the same propblem when I was with such a simmilar cheap Enom reseller 123DomainRegistry

and sadly the 60 day lock will be there when you try to shift .
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: sales@featuredhost.com | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : sales@featuredhost.com |

flashgear

how did you have the same problem? enom resellers can allow for either access to name server settings OR they can easily register a name server for a particular domain. Are you saying that these people *refused* to create a name server for you? or something else? I noticed they have the access.enom.com generic log in so you should have been at least able to change your name servers...

I've been hearing this a lot about oneandone. What is the point in advertising domain registration, when you can only have your domain's name servers pointed at their servers!

yeah, they said i can move out after the block time, but that means i will not have my money full refunded after 30 days?
    that is a real trap.

it's all my fault then, as i should have asked them first about this. i took it for granted that i can fully control my domain...

reall frustrated

Who was you using before oneandone?

i use easyspace.com before, they are expensive