Thread: addaction.net

* addaction.net

Hi, just was wondering if anyone had problems connecting to addaction.net. Seems as if they were down all day today.

Well currently im having trouble conecting to them right now. Their servers must be down.

Who are they btw?

Can't connect to them either.

Last week, been looking for a hosting service for a client, and saw some good postings about Addaction.net. In result, I had my client signed up with them. Try doing a search for Addaction to find out more.
    webdesign+webhosting
    http://www.sirehost.com

The server that has the addaction website had a hard drive faillure and that caused the server to be offline for awhile for repairs.
    Providing YOUR Internet Action!

www.addaction.net

I was with iTricks for a while when they sold out to AddAction. Well, now, my site is almost down on a daily basis!

P.S. Its down right now!

Well you must be with a different AddAction, because our servers are not down each day and also none of them at this time.

www.addaction.net

addaction.net is up. o.O they fixed their entire problem and it's been working smoothly for a while so far...stay off the dope kid...

I'm not on any dope. I'm with AddAction.net. And you didn't reply for about 2 hours after my post..by that time, it was back up.

P.S. Maybe not everyday, but enough to make a big impact!
    Last edited by mhale; 11-09-2002 at 06:05 PM.

P.S.2 : (lol) I plan to monitor the AddAction server from now on. Any down time will be posted here.

Hi,

Mhale.. I believe you had an account with IT Hosting, not with AddAction.net

Anton
    Last edited by addaction; 11-09-2002 at 06:34 PM.

www.addaction.net

IP hosting? I believe it was IT Hosting...iTricks for short..Anyways, Now AddAction deleted my account. Well, this is on their terms so I can't complain:

We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion.
    Man I wish all hosting companies would just delete your account when you complain about their bad service.

Originally posted by mhale
    Man I wish all hosting companies would just delete your account when you complain about their bad service.
    You can conclusively find that they canceled you solely because you complained here? If that's the case... ouch.

Yes I can. My site has not broke any of their terms what so ever and hasn't changed since it was transferred to them on 10/10/2002. Unfortuanly, I have a lot of vital emails that go to my domain on their host and I can't change the nameservers of it due to my old GOOD host (iTricks) owning the domain. And that guy wont be back until Jan.

And apparently it wasn't just suspended, it was completely deleted!

AddAction, if there was another reason, you have my permission to post it on here!
    Last edited by mhale; 11-09-2002 at 08:35 PM.

uh what WAS your sites link btw? o.O...I tried to go to the link provided but you aren't available . Could it be that maybe they shut you down cuz you harassed them daily just like you are doing on the forums? Hmmm.....?

EDIT: And where you an ACTUAL paying customer? Did they have you on their billing or did they offer you a free hosting job which you screwed yourself out of? I've done that plenty of times in my teenage years

EDIT2: Yes I noticed you had two posts right after the other. See there's a special button called EDIT...

Now I wait for your reply .
    Last edited by GlobalProNetwork; 11-10-2002 at 01:24 AM.

OtakuVillage - do you work for them or something?

I didn't harrase them. I didnt contact them in any way besides on this form. I never even contacted them when they were down BECAUSE they were down. Their website was down. AddAction PMed me and asked me why I didn't contact their support..lol

http://www.nikkim.net/

Originally posted by Darph Bobo
    OtakuVillage - do you work for them or something?
    I wish. I wish I actually worked for any company around here. I only resell for Global Pro Network but that hasn't gotten me anywhere ....stupid economy...and my bad selling skills (I am better at support if any of your hosts are reading this ) . I'm just trying to get the facts since this seems confusing to me sicne I've been with Addaction.net with my site otakuvillage.com for a while and have had zero downtime or any problems.

EDIT: And for mhale, I don't know, I've been with them for a few months and haven't really had one problem. I only had downtime when their hard drive crashed but they gave me a free month . Hope you can try and work something out with them. Their support is pretty good. Maybe you are having miscommunications down.
    Last edited by GlobalProNetwork; 11-10-2002 at 01:52 AM.
    Global Professional Network - The Network You Can Rely On.
    http://www.globalpronetwork.com

I had downtime with addaction yesterday (friday). I couldn't do any development for a website that I needed to work on . The day finally ended at work, so I didn't bother to try again. However, this morning (saturday) I tried connecting, and it was back-up. I'd say for the last 2 months my client has been with addaction, they've only been down 3x. Overall, I can say they are pretty good and quite happy.. I've experience hosts who were down at least 5+ x a month. (ie. seeyaihos)

By the way, hmm.. strange, I can no longer connect to addaction via SSH. Oh well, no biggie.
    webdesign+webhosting

Just a quick question, has anyone been able to successfully use their MySQL database from the Addaction.net CPanel?

Thanks.

I used mine but it was automatically setup when my hosting company changed.

Yes, I re-installed a later snapshot of osCommerce therefore to simplify things, I created a new database.
    webdesign+webhosting