Thumbs up Professional Forums For Hire

Here at BlackStar.be we host one of the best, fully customisable, professional looking forums you will find on the Internet.

No nasty banners or pop-ups
    Very easy setup and configuration
    Unlimited users/forums/topics
    Many advanced features (click here for full list)
    No webpage needed
    No scripts to install
    Highly customisable (no html or programming knowledge needed)
    Personalize your forum with you own graphic and colors
    or use one of our color styles.
    Outstanding server speed and reliability

One month free trial !

Try it now, you won't be disappointed:

http://www.blackstar.be/hosting/
    Last edited by BlackStar; 10-01-2002 at 04:02 PM.

Can't say I am a fan of the forums but hey someone else might be. I do have a question though that you might not have thought of.
    What makes you guys better than vB or UBB?
    Axxis
    Great hosting at awesome prices! Join today!

Hey,

What exactly do you mean by "What makes you guys better than vB or UBB?"? I mean I know they are boards but what we do is renting preinstalled boards to customers. Our boards are hosted on very fast servers, users don't need to be bothered with scripts, configuring the boards, finding a host that supports ASP or PHP and so on. And this for only $5 per month.

(btw If I am not mistaken UBB.Threads costs about $229 which is pretty much for most users, and for that price you get more than 3 years of hosting with no extra costs)

Greetings,
    Dirk

Well I did not mean it as a smart remark I was just wondering. But this brings me some more questions. I hope you do not mind if I ask them.
    1. Is the user able to fully customize the look and feel of the boards?
    2. Do your boards have the same features as UBB & vB?

I would not mind spending $80.00 on a one year lease of vB with updates for a year then finding hosting for $5-10/month where I can host my own website and not just a forum, etc... That is all I am saying and as an interested person I just wanted to know what makes you more marketable than vB or UBB and what you can offer that they can't. Don't say the $5 hosting fee because I could go out and pay $5/month for hosting and get invisionboard which is free or phpbb. Just somethings for you to think about m8.
    Axxis

Axxis,

There are some users that like to just a have a forum installed and hosted without getting into technical side of it all.
    Vinh,
    ShockHost - host me up scotty
    http://www.ShockHost.com
    (Coming soon to a world near you next month)

Originally posted by ShockHost
    There are some users that like to just a have a forum installed and hosted without getting into technical side of it all.
    Right about that! Some folks don't have the time (or desire) to learn new computer coding or sweat over server security. They want to have fun with a message forum!

Blackstar, is there an option to use a domain name with your forum hosting?

Hey Axxis,

I don't mind at all to answer your question. Ask anything you would like to know.

1. Yes, the user is able to fully customize the look and feel of the boards. We do have a few designs they can use if teh aren't very creative themselfs or they can custimze it to their liking.

2. I do not really know all the features of UBB or vB board but if you want a list of all the major (there are some more smaller ones) features we support take a look here: http://www.blackstar.be/hosting/features.htm
    (Personal message is also included, but it isn't listed yet)
    ---------------------------------

Hey CD Burnt

What we do is host the forum on our own domain (www.blackstar.be) and you choose the name behind our domain: for example: http://www.blackstar.be/CDBurnt/

You can of course intergrate the forum in a frame or so in you webpage at some other host.

I hope that answers your question.

Greetings
    Dirk D.
    http://www.BlackStar.be/hosting/

Thank you. Blackstar you have been very helpful. As for SHockhost. I realize that people are entitled to whatever they want/choose/need to have. I am in no way trashing him or anything. I am just curious as to what makes his hosting better than others and I feel that I am entitled to ask those questions before I reccomend him to my friend who wants to open a forum site but doesn't know about hosting so I was asked to look for him. Thanks again for the info Black.
    Axxis