Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Reseller Matrix Support

I have been looking at this BB for a while now, and feeling a bit guilty I have sucked in al lthe information but not got myself involved.

Intro out of the way and now on to the subject. In a previous post by someone they wanted a verdict on how good the matrix reseller option is. Now I realise that maybe this should be posted in that section but I would like to shout about the recent support I have had from this company. I am pretty o.k not good but o.k with all this computing stuff but when I got on to the reseller I was a little daunted. However I started reading the guides that they provide with some luck I was getting somewhere then I wasn't etc. So I started to contact the support team. Some would say abuse the team to a large extent, in terms of how many times I contacted them for things that would seem simple to them but complex to me and with each reply I did not get talk down to nor an attitude that projected stupidty to myself (and believe me some of the things were stupid). In addtion to this praise the reply was prompt.

I would like to say that I have not had experience with other resellers and do not wish to push them out of the picture at all. This post is simply a review (& shout) of the people at this company.

Also I would lke to say a big thanks to all the people posting in here! It has helped amazingly!

Right, thats said and done. Oh I feel better - LOL
      0 Not allowed!

Why thinks aDz...

You also know we have a forum on our site as well..

We get a lot of tickets to do with the H-Sphere as its a big system. We do try our best to under stand from the users side as I know I wanted to kill my self a few times trying to get the hang of it..

I hope im readin your post right and its a good thing not a bad thing.. hehe If i did read wrong please let me know as i would like to help in any way i can.
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-01-2002 at 07:32 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes I can assure you are reading the post right
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Reseller Matrix Support

Originally posted by aDz
    . . . . . . .
    I would like to say that I have not had experience with other resellers and do not wish to push them out of the picture at all. This post is simply a review (& shout) of the people at this company. . . . .
    Do you have a site hosted with them?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

"So I started to contact the support team. Some would say abuse the team to a large extent, in terms of how many times I contacted them for things that would seem simple to them but complex to me and with each reply I did not get talk down to nor an attitude that projected stupidty to myself (and believe me some of the things were stupid). In addtion to this praise the reply was prompt. "

Thanks for the words of praise aDz. We look forward to taking good care of you and your needs.
    Vortech, Inc.
    http://www.matrixreseller.com
    sales@matrixreseller.com
      0 Not allowed!

Yes I have a reseller package.
      0 Not allowed!

You must be one of the lucky ones, thats not what this thread on their forum says http://www.matrixreseller.com/forum/...=&threadid=426

Infact this makes even better reading http://www.matrixreseller.com/forum/...p?s=&forumid=4
    looks like if you post about downtime your banned!

?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TheWhiz
    You must be one of the lucky ones, thats not what this thread on their forum says http://www.matrixreseller.com/forum/...=&threadid=426

Infact this makes even better reading http://www.matrixreseller.com/forum/...p?s=&forumid=4
    looks like if you post about downtime your banned!

?

Not banned, we are just saying the forum is not a ticket system and is not to be used as one.
      0 Not allowed!

I have been lurking around trying to find a good host to resell for. No decisions yet but very interested in the matrixreseller program. Saw quite a few positive comments about them here.

I recently started visiting the forum they have to watch activity. After reading the recently closed thread here about the company was a bit amazed at the tone used in posts from what I assume to be representatives of the company. Went back to the company forum and took a closer look at some of the answers the company made to customers-resellers.

Might just be me but does seem to be some problems with how support is handled by this company. Was even slightly shocked at a few posts made back to resellers. I might be from the old school in thinking that you should treat a customer with respect and some of what I read did not sit well with me. Not too sure I would welcome some of the responses I saw if I needed some help or had a problem. Just an opinion from someone who is out windowshopping.
      0 Not allowed!

thewebguy,

Where did you see any problems in our forums? We are just honest with our customers when stuff happens.. We just don't cover it up we let you know whats going on. If thats a bad thing then were not the host for you..
      0 Not allowed!

You can be honest without being rude. Some people view some of your responses as rude. It seems like that's the way thewebguy viewed some.
      0 Not allowed!

SoftWareRevue,

Who me? Rude? The only time I have ever been rude with any of our users is the one from yesterday. And that is because he was doing his damndest to change the facts and show only one side of what was going on. If thats the only thing you're going on then I could care less.

And what about customers being rude and abusive to the staff?? That is acceptable, I assume?? Because I sure don't hear anyone yelling about that. To get respect, you have to give respect. People should learn that instead of assuming because they are a customer they can be abusive and lie.
    Last edited by Vortech; 10-02-2002 at 11:36 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Vortech
    SoftWareRevue,

Who me? Rude? The only time I have ever been rude with any of our users is the one from yesterday. And that is because he was doing his damndest to change the facts and show only one side of what was going on. If thats the only thing you're going on then I could care less.

And what about customers being rude and abusive to the staff?? That is acceptable, I assume?? Because I sure don't hear anyone yelling about that. To get respect, you have to give respect. People should learn that instead of assuming because they are a customer they can be abusive and lie.
    I was simply trying to help you see what thewebguy was saying.
    Originally posted by thewebguy . . . . . . . . does seem to be some problems with how support is handled by this company. Was even slightly shocked at a few posts made back to resellers. I might be from the old school in thinking that you should treat a customer with respect and some of what I read did not sit well with me. Not too sure I would welcome some of the responses I saw if I needed some help or had a problem.
    You may not view your responses as such. But, apparently, some others do.
    I have not voiced my opinion one way or the other.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you SoftWareRevue. That is exactly what I mean.

As for where there are problems, I must say that if you don't see any than I would have a very hard time pointing them out to you. Maybe I made a mistake and visited a different company board.

The posts I found in the How We Can Serve You area at your comapny site are the most recent indicating that there appears to be some serious problems with answering or replying back to requests for support. Your company decided to close the posting for that topic. That is your business why you did that-but did cause me to have some reservations.

I also noticed a number of other posts where your customers mentioned opening a support request and never getting a reply back. After they posted on the board it appeared someone from the company finally looked into the matter. I cant blame them for posting if that is the only way to get something looked into a problem.

I will say that your reply back to me that 'we are not the host for you' helped me narrow down my search. I stress to my employees that rudeness to a customer will not be tolerated. Each one is valuable and should be treated with courtesy. A hosting reseller is also a customer and it appears that your company views customer relations quite differently than I do.

Thank you for your time and assistance.
      0 Not allowed!

Sometimes....

It seems to me that people like to go with the flow on this argument/discussion. A couple of months back all I saw was Vortech are great etc. I waited and saw more good response. So I decided I'll go with them. It is fair to say that sometimes things go wrong. But when they do go wrong everyone shouts about it! But vortech are straight forward and honest.

I would also like to note again about thier service support. Yesterday I was on thier live suppoprt for over an hour. You can view this as, "Why did it take that long to sort out a problem?" or you could look at it as, "They're willing to spend time with you regardless of how long or what problem it is". Addiotnally, in support for thier honesty I had a little problem loging on to my cp while I was chatting with them and they said that an engineer was on the server and fixing it and there was a problem. And in support of thier support service I mentioned a small problem to them about odbc, they said that they will look in to it, but for the record could i also issue a ticket so they could keep track of it. I forgot to do it, but what do i find this morning? They opened up a ticket for me.

So lets look at the whole thing in short:

- They spent time with me (easily over an hour) which is not paid for i.e. on a premium phone tariff
    - Honest in terms of telling me that the server/my account was not working 100% but they are on the case
    - Rememered to open up a ticket for me to follow up on my probelm

They can't be that bad can they?
      0 Not allowed!

Adz ... couldn't agree with you more that ... when things go wrong things tend to magnify.

With support, you expect the company to take care of your problems and follow-up. These are basics and the better they are handled will make the difference between a good host and a great host.

Think the issue here is focusing a bit on how you treat customers as a whole. Rude or curt replies really don't win customers over. Not saying this is the case with Vortech, but as SoftWareRevue pointed out there may be that perception.

With thewebguy's post it looked like he had some concerns along these lines. In response, the company came back with:
    To get respect, you have to give respect
    and threw in, "I could care less" .... yes, these are not related and are out of context but definitely stood out in the replies.

RESULT: looks like the potential customer ran the other way.

Might just be me, but with a potential customer you try to win them over and place your best foot forward. After they become a customer you build on that relationship. Simple people skills can make or break a company. You can't make everybody happy, but sure doesn't hurt to at least try to. All IMHO ... not my company.
    Welcome to support ... Your site's down?
    Did you turn on your computer?
    Works now? ... hey, glad to help!
      0 Not allowed!

About MatrixReseller....

This is one more post to support VORTECH/MATRIX! So if it bothers you or you don't wanna read it you are free to go

First of all I want to say that YES I am a client there and if anyone would like to pm me or email me about this they are welcome.

I think WHT is a great place for us all to be able to inquire about the different companies out there. This is of unvaluable help for each one of us. I think we all agree on this.

Now... what I do not like that much here is that when someone has a problem with whatever company and they don't get an answer from their provider "as THEY expected" then they come here to complain!! Come on.... this is not a GLOBAL SUPPORT TICKET SYSTEM for web host providers out there, hehehehe

I think we all should try to get things resolved "at home" or else we will very soon see posts like: " my girlfried left me for another guy" or "my mom doesn't want me to wear these clothes" !!

Guys... I understand that Matrix Reseller is doing a great job. Of course there are things that need to be polished... of course they will be adding more support staff, etc... I am very sure of that but the main thing is.... THEY ARE GREAT GUYS DOING A GREAT JOB AND REALLY SUPPORTING THEIR CLIENTS! Plus... my friends... we all are in the same boat here and we all know how difficult it is to start a company or to provide new services ... not everything works EXACTLY how planned or else we would all be geniuses like Mr. Gates, hahahahahaha!!

I have seen some posts about Matrix in here that really made me sick! Look do you guys think that Matrix like to have their cp down or something?

They have been pretty busy because of PSOFT doing upgrades to the v2.3 of the H-SPHERE control panel but hey... no downtime whatsoever for the sites I have there!!!

So... please be serious and do your laundry at home

(I allow complaints about this post but hey... don't start writting support tickets about this in your web host support system )
      0 Not allowed!

Red face uh.. it's 4:05am..and i'm jest kicken it. . .

hehe.. this is me right now.

sup everybudy? all yall big porkers and porkchops.. i just dropped in on this here forum after several weeks of hostresellersearching.. . exhausted and bleary eyed ..should be t'bed but ah'yaint. cause i just stumbled upon matrixreseller.com,] wrrrrrrrrrrrrd

..and one thing led to another which led me here. readin bout a buncha slackjawed bitchasses spouten off about some kinda terrible support problems round yonder.. well hell, all i gotsta say is that's w e a k. i realize a couple of yall already made this point..but i just had to say it one more time

oh..and to the tightarse that 'got away' - because he read a post that wasn't even written to him and took offense to it cause he thought it was 'rude' - get a grip man!what are'ye gonna do? reach through the internet cloud and throttle me cause i called you a tightarse? have yerself a heartattack because somebody said yer moms is cheaper than the matrixreseller plan?

lemme tell you somethin, pc stands fer p e r s o n a l
    computer, not politically correct. so don't take it p e r s o n a l l y.

maybe nextime..look a little deeper than the words you may not be familiar with. take note of the post times and reckognize that these techs are busting their ass...for WHAT DOES MATTER. and they aint got time for yer damned formalities.. nor do they have time to worry about whether or not 'somebody' out there is going to take offense to something they said. jesus..

lil'advice to everybody out there in message board land, OFFENSE CAN NOT BE GIVEN. IT CAN ONLY BE TAKEN.

take it or leave it.

and to the tech's at matrixresellers, dude - let the hack go. him, and people like him, are just gonna slow you down. y'don't need'em. I respect your voice..and the personality that makes it real. good on ye' - you just got my business. i'll be signing up in the morning. good night,]c
      0 Not allowed!

"C" ... sure sounds like you found the right host
      0 Not allowed!

wierd. yeah..only just caught up with the 'poncho2000' fiasco. goodf'n lord that wuz outa'control. thankgod somebody finally put the can on it.

..had no idea matrix'sales reps were up in it.. <<Removed: Rudeness will not be tolerated>>

makes me wonder whether or not the exec's at matrix have a clue? cause if they did..the first thing i'd expect is 'lindsey' [booted off the server].

and this Mark Paszkiewicz fellow with his cancellation letter all in caps.. needs to let somebody else handle that part of the biz. [prefferably somebody that speaks better english'].

props from my last post were goin out to the techs.. everyone else in that there scenario..def.got sumthin to learn by it. yall.fudup.in there somewheres...admit it, recognize, and don't let it happen again.

so..t'put the b t'bed as it were...i'd just like to say that i'm sticken wit my original convictions. hostin wit matrix..<<removed>>. ..and looken forward to gettin down and dirty with the techs over there 'where anything is possible'

peese;]c
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-06-2002 at 10:59 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by cleft
    <<SNIP: See post above>>

Not sure i would talk to much about english..

Just my 2 cents..
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-06-2002 at 10:59 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Vortech ... looks like you got one heck of a testimonial there
      0 Not allowed!

Let's watch the language, as we only offer one 'rudeness warning', and you've gotten it.

As for the testimonial... something to put on the site no doubt
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

dang.why don't you just delete the entire post. doesn't make 'cents' nomoe. english wuz me first language. majored in it.got tired of it.now i teach ebonics.

psyche.nokidding..delete the entire post. it's one thing to block @#$@! profanity..it's quite another to edit what's been said.thanks;]

aight.had nuff yall.take care.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by cleft
    dang.why don't you just delete the entire post. doesn't make 'cents' nomoe. english wuz me first language. majored in it.got tired of it.now i teach ebonics.

psyche.nokidding..delete the entire post. it's one thing to block @#$@! profanity..it's quite another to edit what's been said.thanks;]

aight.had nuff yall.take care.
    Maybe you should go back to English, because everything I read and see here that you posted is ridiculous. An absolutely worthless post. RM sure has some devoted newbies that take things serious when their host is challenged. Very odd, as you do not see this too often ... if you get my drift. To me, I saw a rude customer service response on that thread in question here and now see rude customers (coming out of the cracks??) defending them. They say a dog will take the personality of its owner......
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast