My Hard Drive was HiJacked

I was installing FreeBSD on an older computer that I have laying around, I configured it for the BSD boot manager, so I could switch between windows & bsd at will. Somewhere during the installation, an error message came up, I dont recall what it was, but I looked into it, and I could not figure out what was wrong. The installation continued, I boot up the computer, and im in FreeBSD, however nothing is working, no commands are available, and when trying to allow commands, it would not work. I hooked the drive up to another computer, and tried to reformat, no luck, Ive tried to reformat over and over again. Nothing seems to work.

Has anyone ever ran into a problem like this. if so what should I do?
    Linux junkie | steward.io

HDD

Go to suggestafix.com and ask this question. They are very good at this type of thing. Don't get your undies in a bunch if it takes a few hours to get a response, however. When you do get one, it will be helpful, I promise.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

try a bootdisk for win 9X and type fdisk /mbr at the command prompt.

Then fdisk and format the bsd partition
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

Yep, I'd say you're only way out is to format from as far away from an operating system as possible. Boot in via floppy and clean as much as possible and start fresh

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Sounds great guys, thanks for the suggestions. I will problably try all of your suggestions tomorrow, and will let everyone know if I can strike terror in the hard drive.
    Linux junkie | steward.io