Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

@WebHost.com thoughts...

Hey, I would like to hear some opinions of current or past clients of @WebHost.com. What do you have to say about them? They look like they have great deals.

Thank you for your time.
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

I'm not their client, but two days ago I was considering to get a dedicated server at them. I did a search here on WHT and also more carefully examined their site. I did not find anything EXTREMELY bad, but due to some reasons I have dropped the idea to go with them. Now I'm considering affordableservers.net.

Might I ask why you dropped them? I phoned and they are only 2 months old but still...everyones gotta start somewhere...
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

homeiss,

as I said I have not found something extremely bad, but there is too many little drawbacks which make the whole picture not so good.

1. This company is somehow related to hostcharge.com, which has not good reputation here.

2. Their site looks rather unprofessionally, which means that they did not spend enough money on web design.

3. They state that they have offices in USA, Canada and Pakistan, which means that their higher-ups most probably are from Pakistan, and I have heard bad things about Indian and Pakistan hosts.

4. Their director was posting here on WHT rather doubtful and unprofessional things.

All in all, I would not trust my "mission critical" site to this company.

Originally posted by zxc
    homeiss,

as I said I have not found something extremely bad, but there is too many little drawbacks which make the whole picture not so good.

1. This company is somehow related to hostcharge.com, which has not good reputation here.

2. Their site looks rather unprofessionally, which means that they did not spend enough money on web design.

3. They state that they have offices in USA, Canada and Pakistan, which means that their higher-ups most probably are from Pakistan, and I have heard bad things about Indian and Pakistan hosts.

4. Their director was posting here on WHT rather doubtful and unprofessional things.

1. Acenet Corp owns @Webhost Communications, Inc., not HostCharge. Hostcharge has a very good reputation, no idea where you came up with that bad reputation bit.

2. Unprofessional? You're entitled to your thoughts, most of our clients like the design since it simple. Design is something I am not willing to argue about.

3. Our 'higher ups' are from all the countries above mentioned. I myself am from Pakistan. <snip> There are some very well reputable hosts which are operating out of India and Pakistan only without offices/techs in Canada or USA, such hosts post here.

4. When exactly have I been unprofessional? And how does that reflect upon my business dealings? Talk to our clients about how I treat them, they will have nothing but nice words for me. My reputation speaks for itself.

Asher.
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-30-2002 at 09:55 AM.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

I'm going to try my best to examine this post and make an intelligent response to each statement that was made.

First of all, HostCharge and @WebHost are under the umbrella of Acenet Corp., which by all means has a nice reputation. I don't know where in the world you get your facts from, but if you ask any of HostCharge's merchants you'll find that the service there is fine.

Our site design has been made to load faster for international customers as well as those on dialup connections. We cannot help that you want to see a dazzling flash introduction and graphics that take forever to load. Our point is to provide quality service not dress to impress then show nothing for it.

I don't know where you get India from, but the fact that we have an office there should not/will not affect how our business is handled. Just because we will (soon) open an office in latin america, does that mean we're a bad host? Most of the business is conducted in the United States and Canada, but that still does not excuse your prejudices.

Yes, I am the Chief Technical Director. My making the post on WHT should not affect your opinion of the company. I was in charge of coming up with the plans, making sure that our transition from Cogent to NTT/Verio was smooth and making sure that our sales officers knew what was going on. Thus, I made the advertisement post. A salesman shouldn't have to do all the work, should he/she?

Finally, we're sorry you feel that way. Our customers are satisfied and that's all that matters.

We do our job, we're proud to say we do it well.

I don't know why you guys talk so bad about @webhost?.... I'm one of their customers, they're great, pro and responsibility.

Originally posted by zxc
    homeiss,

So are these home offices or are they real offices you lease that I can stop by and visit? Just curious.

These are real offices, if we were a home run operation we wouldn't bother posting offices ;-) Right now we dont accept vistiors to our offices but we plan on quite shortly.

<snip>

Also, if @webhost is under the same umbrella as HostCharge, there HAVE been complaints here about HostCharge, so I think the guy has a valid point.

I remember whenever there was a thread and people complaining about the HostCharge server being down, they were always told that was not true, and one time waited several days for a fix.

That doesn't sound like a good reputation to me, and would scare me off from any company related to HostCharge or its owners.
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-30-2002 at 09:57 AM.

Okay so what if there have been a few complaints about HostCharge? Their reputation still holds up. Name me one single company that has NOT had a complaint or a problem with their server or something along those lines?
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-30-2002 at 09:59 AM.

Originally posted by chrisb
    I remember whenever there was a thread and people complaining about the HostCharge server being down, they were always told that was not true, and one time waited several days for a fix.
    On HostCharges behalf.. this was about 4-5months ago, there have not been downtime since, so its no longer an issue.

You'd also be hard pressed to find a company thats been in business for 10months that doesnt have a single complaint, that does not mean its not a good, trustworthy company, but if thats how you choose to view it, its certainly your right to do so.
    Trevor MacGill
    www.hostcharge.com
    Visit our Forums: http://forums.hostcharge.com

Originally posted by chrisb

That doesn't sound like a good reputation to me, and would scare me off from any company related to HostCharge or its owners.
    At that time our hostcharge server was hosted elsewhere, plain and simple now we host it ourselves. Do you see any complaints? No? Good. Secondly, need I remind you, while our website went down, our order processing system wasn't, so uh, no damage was done.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]

Back to the topic... I have had countless conversations with Asher and believe he is both reputable and honorable. Although I have done no business with @WebHost directly, I would certainly consider it seriously in the future.

I don't see how anyone could be less than pleased with the service provided by HostCharge. I admit to having a few small problems while using their service, all of which received immediate personal attention. You can not find a company that won't have its share of problems, the best you can do is try to find a company like HostCharge which handles them very well. Having used 2checkout and PayPal in addition to HC, I would have to say I prefer HostCharge hands down.

As for anything about racism and nationality, etc. I have no choice but to respect someones choice of who or who not to do business with.

<<MOD NOTE: Several posts have been removed>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-30-2002 at 10:04 AM.
    Jordan Bouvier

You know what I think? I think you should stop this foolishness and let (if any) people post about @webhost.com...
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

Re: @WebHost.com thoughts...

I'd have to agree on that last post. Please note the thread topic:
    Originally posted by homeiss
    Hey, I would like to hear some opinions of current or past clients of @WebHost.com. What do you have to say about them? They look like they have great deals.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Thumbs up

I will have to say that so far they are pretty impressive.

I ordered a semi last week and they were sold out and told me to place the order and get on the waiting list and I would be set up on Tuesday. Well it's Tuesday and I am set up.

I don't resell but have ~35 or so of my own sites.

They answered the phone in a couple of rings, Asher answered my email in less than 10 minutes and Clark followed up with another the next day.

My soon to be former hosting company should take note of this kind of service

Plan is everything they said it was and so far, the support has been at least as good as they claim.

The welcome email contained everything I needed to log in and get a few sites set up in just a few minutes even though I have never even seen Cpanel before. ( Makes Plesk look like a prog created on an etch a sketch )

Only time will tell but they are starting out right. And with some hosting companies, you don't even get that.

Just my observations.

Rick

Rick,

Glad to hear you are having a good time... I am sure many people will find them helpfull if they are looking to use @webhost.

What is this... the 1-2 actuall reply that the author of this post wanted

Yes, and it's a good sign to at least see someone really happy.
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

hmmmm....I ordered a semi-dedicated server, it's not set-up yet, and I have received no time estimate of when it will be ready, and the responses I have received thus far were slow and vague.

Hmm...I hope that gets solved.
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

Prince,

If your card went through earlier today you should receive your account sometime after midnight. Please try to understand that we have a very high signup load and are doing everything possible to have everyone setup on time.

Email me directly, if you have any questions.

All the best,
    Asher.

Hey Asher,

How long would it take to get a dedi server setup if I signed up?
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

Originally posted by homeiss
    Hey Asher,

How long would it take to get a dedi server setup if I signed up?
    homeiss,

Can you please contact me off forums and we can work on this?

Asher.

Do you have something like AIM, ICQ, or MSN?
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

Well a few days ago I emailed them a few days ago with some questions about the semi dedicated servers and got this reply.

SMTP error occurred while sending message to following recipient(s)
    [email protected]
    451 rejected: temporarily unable to verify sender address <removed email address> (try later)

Well I resent the email and 2 hours later I got a responce which is pretty fast.

I would have to disagree, their website does not look unprofesional.
    It looks pretty clean and nice to me.

( But i believe white/light colors makes a better impression for a company website. )

Originally posted by ^Kyo
    Prince,

If your card went through earlier today you should receive your account sometime after midnight. Please try to understand that we have a very high signup load and are doing everything possible to have everyone setup on time.

Email me directly, if you have any questions.

All the best,
    Asher.
    yeah, I just get a bit impatient!

my sever is now online and so far everything is running perfect.
    Last edited by Prince; 10-02-2002 at 01:37 PM.

Asher,

Your nameservers are down right now! I can't get to hostcharge, myacenet, or atwebhost! For some reason, the verio connection isn't kicking over - it goes through Verio, hits NetFree.demarc.cogentco.com, and then stops. I'd call you about it right now to tell you, but I can't get a phone number.

- Matt

yup, the only way I can get to anything is thru IP.

What is the IP for AtWebHost.com? I can't retrieve that info at this time.

- Matt

I meant my IP's.

That's why I outsource my DNS management - if my site ever goes down, I can switch it to a different provider withing minutes.

Fantastic. I signed up nealy 24 hours ago and no server yet, and now their entire network is down going on 4 hours. I had qualms before signing up, now they've been confirmed .

Their entire network wasn't down, only their nameservers. I was able to get to other sites using different DNS providers, traveling the same exact route. Just make sure you don't use their DNS servers (try Zoneedit.com )

Hi,

First of all, just our website was done due to some problems on that box.

Secondly our number is 1-877-454-3009, my extension is 811.

Thank you,
    Asher.

Originally posted by ^Kyo
    Hi,

First of all, just our website was done due to some problems on that box.

Secondly our number is 1-877-454-3009, my extension is 811.

Thank you,
    Asher.

Glad to see you got it up . I tried to call the other day and got some beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep then called back and got some man and then some answering machine and then called back and someone else answered and I clicked the phone guess i should have said hello.

Originally posted by TimIsnt15

Glad to see you got it up . I tried to call the other day and got some beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep then called back and got some man and then some answering machine and then called back and someone else answered and I clicked the phone guess i should have said hello.
    We know that our old tollfree system wasn't good so we setup a call centre. Now theres no way you *wont* reach someone when you dial

How are you guys getting fast responces through email? When I email them it takes then a day or two to respond. and my last email I sent a few days ago and never got a responce and my first email, I had to reask my question 3 times before I got a straight answer. I was seriously going to sign up for them as I have a waiting list of people wanting hosting, but support is a main issue. If you cant respond to me with in 24 hours, I get very skeptical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast