Thread: Best Forums

Question Best Forums

whats the best forums.... ex. phpbb

There was a thread on this, Do a search for "vbulletin invision"

You should find one of the thread about 10 pages I think about each forum, disadvantages and advantages.
    Vinh,
    ShockHost - host me up scotty
    http://www.ShockHost.com
    (Coming soon to a world near you next month)

it is Invision .. for the first and foremost reason .. it is FREE !!
    and then of course you find out all the features it has , which posted early
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

Free: Invision Board
    $$$: vBulletin

vBulletin.

Worth every penny.

Originally posted by secludo
    vBulletin.

Worth every penny.

Invision Board

tell me .. what does vB have that IBF doesn't ??
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

What does a Rolls Royce have that a Ford doesn't?

Originally posted by Fazel3
    Well Put!

aaah .. now I get it ... a 6 figure price tag

what else .... how about some functionabilites

There has to be that one guy who decides to blow everything I say out of context.

and I'm not sure what you're future bride-to-be will say about driving to the church in a battered old Ford Cortina

well .. lets not get touchy .... but for arguments sake .. let me tell you I reather look at the service/support I get from any product ... and then how classy it looks or wether it is the Status symbol ..

I seriously hope you're not wearing Doc Marten Shoes and Levi Jeans as you type this

Originally posted by flashgear
    well .. lets not get touchy .... but for arguments sake .. let me tell you I reather look at the service/support I get from any product ... and then how classy it looks or wether it is the Status symbol ..
    true, look at windows vs linux under gpl
    than linux gpl to bsd under (duh) bsd

Sure if I want support I will get a windows product as opposed to running *BSD, but *BSD I can change any way I want, do anything to, and not have to worry about silly licensing issues (even the GPL 1.0 has several things which do get quite hairy and phpBB has an excellent licensing concept for releasing their software)

Not to mention I have found the phpBB community to be much much more active than vBull's.

If you want to pay for your Nike's and only buy reatil computer hardware and never OEM, thats fine, but because people get the same thing (and often tiimes better) without paying a dime, doesnt make their product inferior in any way to yours.

Hell, vBull doesnt even have nested quotes by default!

Why put a dampner on the festivities with your "facts" and the "truth" Acronym Boy?

Why put a dampner on the festivities with your "facts" and the "truth" Acronym Boy?
    WHT was down when I treied replying, so it is saved and will be done tonight. If you would like to dispute the findings of the University of Chicago, NASA, and MIT, thats fine, you can write your letters to them.

Waaaaaaaaah!

I was only joking, no need to prepare a thesis about this. Seriously I do agree with you. But at the same time you need to realize that this is the lounge. Debate bits, bytes, routers and multihomed fibre in one of the other forums, this is for non-serious topics.