software for startup?

Hiya,

I've been reading and reading (and im still not all too sure)

Basically im starting up a hosting/design/domain company

so

for billing im thinking phpmanager (i know modernbill is highly recommended but the costs are above me right now.. can upgrade later)

for help im thinking of some ticket support system but i dont know which one.. any ideas i dont expect too many enquiries mainly because 1. im starting off 2. i offer website management for the small businesses im targetting and well they dont want to do anything with their website and leave it to me

would you recommend getting some kind of ticketing system or just having a support email which is answered?

for cc processing im still deciding, because i'd love to process in australian dollars as most of my clients are here.. any australian suggestions? i want a 3rd party processor because again the costs for a merchant account in my case are not worth it.

if worse comes to worse i'll go with 2checkout or revecom

i also expect a few of my payments to be non CC as well

for domain rego im thinking of using the DRAMS system because I don't like the look of the registry rocket so has anyone tried it out and can tell me?

is there anything im missing that i might have overlooked?

the website is done pretty much thats a relief

is there anything i've missed in terms of software etc i might need to get?

Thanks in advance,

Salsabil

I think phpmanager has a built in ticket system, basic but may do the job for you - or try perldesk, free and comes with an auto-knowledge base.

Try worldpay for your credit card processing, they seem to accept from all developed countries, which should include Australia

Can't help with the domain reg part as we use OpenSRS

Anything else? Well get some sleep now while you can

hiya

thanks for that

in terms of sleep well sleep left me when i decided to go into this business

the coffee cans are running out

and my family decided to buy de-caf coffee?? what were they thinking.. i dont know

You could try hostcharge as your cc processor - I know they do multi-currency transactions

As for the domain reg stuff how about a enom sub-reseller account and intergate it with your site using their API? You can usualy pick them up for between $20-50 setup with prices for .coms ranging from $8.50 - $6.95

hiya

i have a enom sub-reseller account and thats what im wondering i dont like the look of registry rocket when i link it up and the DRAM system that I saw looked nice so I thought might as well buy it and implement it. Just trying to see if anyeone else has used it

I'll look into hostcharge now

thanks again

I would have both a ticket system and email support. Perlbill is a good ticket system and they have a free version (www.perlbill.com)

HTH
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

Originally posted by isolsdotnet
    I would have both a ticket system and email support. Perlbill is a good ticket system and they have a free version (www.perlbill.com)

HTH
    Unless I'm very mistaken PerlBill doesn't have a free version. PerlDesk does.
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!