Thread: load balancing?

load balancing?

Hi

i have two server now and both are in different nocs

and what i see one server cant handle my site when there is too much visitor. I want to share the load of server to both

how can i do it?
    thanks

You can use Round robin DNS or similair tricks. Do you run your own DNS?

Yes my dns server

and also using plesk maybe it have a feature who knows

There are several hardware LB solutions you can buy rather cheaply on ebay; F5, Alteon, Foundry.
    i have two server now and both are in different nocs
    Do you mean datacenters?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

what if i have 1 server in a datacenter in georgia and another in texas. WHatis teh best solution for setting up a failover?
    The reason i ask is becasue i bought a backup machine to guarantee uptime andthat is goign to texas. BUT i have the primary machien ina datacenter in georgia wher ei am currently ebing over charged. I need to setup teh backup machien to handle the traffic then i am goignto ull the primary and have it shipped back to me and then to the new datacenter where it will resume duties. Woudli be best off witha software failover solution? if so what doyou recommend? Once both machine are at the same facility I was goignto use thier hardware load balancing and failover solution for an extra $10 a month..

Wouldn't DNS load balencing be the only way if they are on different networks.

Wouldn't DNS load balencing be the only way if they are on different networks.
    The problem with that is DNS will probably continue to serve up the IP for the down'ed server as it does not look to see if the machines are running. It just LB the requests over the IPs.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

RackMy.com that is what ithough. I have seen a few software solution that allow the pair of servers to communicate and if the primary doesn;t respond teh the backup it will allos the bacup to takeover the duties of the primary. Aparently it will work over the internet so you can have servers in different countries if need be. They use virtual IPs or something. Not quite sure how it works as i am waiting for my backup machine to arrive so i can begin testing.

yes

Originally posted by RackMy.com
    There are several hardware LB solutions you can buy rather cheaply on ebay; F5, Alteon, Foundry.Do you mean datacenters?