Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Resolution on Iraq

It looks like they introduced a resolution regarding Iraq in Congress. (H. J. Res. 110). It basically gives President Bush full authorization to launch a full-scale war against Iraq. Although it states some requirements that must be followed before an actual attack can take place, it still smells of bad karma.

The full text of the resolution can be found on THOMAS (thomas.loc.gov). For all those who don't want a war, I'd recommend writing Congress right now.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

My people have been telling me that most members of Congress have recieved thousands of calls, with 100 to 1 being opposed to the resolution/war.
    Colin

Ya a resolution like that in congress give's Bush, powers that are somewhat dictoral. Scary thought.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Indeed it is

Originally posted by Dogma
    My people have been telling me that most members of Congress have recieved thousands of calls, with 100 to 1 being opposed to the resolution/war.
    I thought I was the only one who objected, from what the media stuffs down our throats.

Are those calls going to Republicans or Democrats BTW?
    -Mooneer

The President does not need the approval to send troops into Iraqi, despite the 1973 War Powers Act. All of these battles listed below were with out approval of Congress…

Reagan dispatched U.S. Marines to Lebanon in 1982, U.S. invasion of Grenada on October 25, 1983, and in 1986 bombing terrorist-related targets in Tripoli and Benghazi.

President Bush, on December 20, 1989, dispatched U.S. military forces to Panama in order to depose Noriega, August, 1990 President Bush, without seeking and obtaining prior congressional authorization, initially dispatched 230,000 U.S. troops to Saudi Arabia.

President Clinton in the Summer of 1993, sent troops into Somalia.
    Sitekeeper
    Google

Originally posted by sitekeeper
    The President does not need the approval to send troops into Iraqi, despite the 1973 War Powers Act. All of these battles listed below were with out approval of Congress…

Reagan dispatched U.S. Marines to Lebanon in 1982, U.S. invasion of Grenada on October 25, 1983, and in 1986 bombing terrorist-related targets in Tripoli and Benghazi.

President Bush, on December 20, 1989, dispatched U.S. military forces to Panama in order to depose Noriega, August, 1990 President Bush, without seeking and obtaining prior congressional authorization, initially dispatched 230,000 U.S. troops to Saudi Arabia.

President Clinton in the Summer of 1993, sent troops into Somalia.
    That seems like a lot of battles. Hopefully we got something other than the wrath of other nations as a result.
    -Mooneer

No, all you'll get is wrath..

Look at the protests in the middle east, expect more terrorists coming your way, thanks to your stupid pres.

Originally posted by edude

Look at the protests in the middle east, expect more terrorists coming your way, thanks to your stupid pres.
    Do you know something we don't?
    -Mooneer

Bush does not deserve any authority. LOL You couldn't even say an old quote right LOL.

how is those powers dictator like? he could just declare marshall law easy...why are oyu all so opposed to the usa' showing iraq reality?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

reality check edude why is our pres stupid? just cause you dont agree with him makes him stupid right? you cant please everyone...quick question if you say he's stupid then he would be stupid correct? if you use that logic i can think your stupid and you're stupid
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Stupid!

I expected something a little more intelligent coming from you edude. Guess I expect too much eh?
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

haha, its true, people in the mid east already hate the west (especially U.S), now you will make them hate you even more, but i guess thats your aim, kill more innocent iraqis, what do you want a kid dieing of cancer to beg for his life from you?

Actually stupids are (here-Europe) some rich guys that like to play the country presidents and play with our heads, supporting decisions made by the USA. If USA wants to 'play' war, although I think this is a huge error, they should do it on their own, without expecting other guys to risk their heads. There are many European countries that have great relationships with the Arabic world and they don't really risk to live facts like the NY attacks (not for any special reason but just because they have a more intelligent diplomatic strategy).

I'm sure that the middle-east people (normal everyday people, presidents, governments, and terrorists) are more than able to see the difference between USA(+ UK) and other European countries. So those who feel under attack or war , if they want to attack Iraq, should not ask from the others to support or understand them and some European Presidents should learn to listen more their people (citizens) and not Mr. Bush.

As for Bush...he is innocent...I consider him innocent...if I think his cultural background and the family in which he lived his years as kid and adult...I mean check his father's decisions on war issues to understand why the son likes to 'play' war.

I wouldn't expect it but sometimes I miss that red-white face of Clinton. Oh yes now I remember ...make sex not war.

My post has no intention to insult someone or to create hard feelings, but hey guys WAR is WAR...let's all of us try to be a bit more inteligent and skeptical against this word and its effects.

I really hope it doesn't come to yet another war in the middle east. The US hasn't really ever stopped bombing Iraq you know:

http://www.ccmep.org/us_bombing_watch.html

for some recent examples (past two years).

I don't have much of an opinion of this - at least not that I should mention on a public message board, suffice to say I hope these sort of things go away one day (not much chance of that I suppose). I'd hate to see my little girl grow up in a world that seems constantly trying to kill itself and others.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by interactive
    reality check edude why is our pres stupid? just cause you don’t [sic] agree with him makes him stupid right?
    Wrong, I'm not going to say that Bush is stupid but he sure isn’t smart. We can get beyond his plentiful verbal mistakes by looking at his past. He ran 3 oil companies that then failed. That kind of does sound stupid. Interactive, just because you're a Bush whore doesn't mean that the rest of us can't have reasoned opinions.
    Originally posted by MikeMc
    As for Bush...he is innocent...I consider him innocent...
    Whatever. Bush is far from innocent. He has had dealings with bin Laden, called off the FBI/CIA investigation into the bin Laden family as soon as he was sworn in, and is just playing everyone for oil and big business. Don't try to pass that off on his upbringing.
    Colin

Hmm. Even for those who want Saddam out, do you really want your son/daughter to potentially die over there? If Iraq is what Bush says it is, it could be just like another Vietnam, especially if they use their fancy chemical weapons.

I didn't really want to start another "Who do you blame?" thread. All I wanted to do was bring people to contact their Congressmen.
    -Mooneer

I suppose it hasn't occured to some of you guys that the president or other high up officials making the decisions around washington might know a tiny bit more than you pick up watching cnn for 20 minutes at night, and they might have a very good reason for doing what they are doing.

Edude-

Regarding that child that is dying of cancer, lying in a hospital - you asked if he should beg to live.

What would you say about it if underneath that hospital is a bunker of chemical weapons? Or maybe nuclear materials?

Saddam is only fooling the uneducated people of the world when he pulls that sh*t. Are the people against this movement so willing to forget that this is the guy that's used those chemical weapons against the kurds in his own country, that he without provocation took over Kuwait, that he's gone against the wishes of the WORLD (un resolutions) by denying access to verify they haven't been stockpiling weapons.

He's an immediate threat to Israel (given proximity and hatred), and everyone around him.

America doesn't make movements like this because they want to colonialize these areas. America helped Kuwait be free, Afghanistan only had peacekeepers there until they are stable.

Anti-American attitudes just seem like petty jealousy. Sad to see.

-WC-

reality check edude why is our pres stupid? just cause you dont agree with him makes him stupid right? you cant please everyone...quick question if you say he's stupid then he would be stupid correct? if you use that logic i can think your stupid and you're stupid
    Actually facts do speak for themselves. I am a staunch republican who wished I had voted for Gore this time around. Truth of the matter is our president is pretty stupid.

There is an old saying, believe non of what you hear and only half of what you say. Well that saying rings true every time you turn on the news. Don't believe a word of it as it is all fiction.

Regards,
    Michael
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

haha, its true, people in the mid east already hate the west (especially U.S), now you will make them hate you even more, but i guess thats your aim, kill more innocent iraqis, what do you want a kid dieing of cancer to beg for his life from you?

:: REMOVED ::
    Last edited by interactive; 09-29-2002 at 08:37 PM.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by michaeln

Actually facts do speak for themselves. I am a staunch republican who wished I had voted for Gore this time around. Truth of the matter is our president is pretty stupid.

There is an old saying, believe non of what you hear and only half of what you say. Well that saying rings true every time you turn on the news. Don't believe a word of it as it is all fiction.

Regards,
    Michael
    maybe im missing something here but would you please tell me why he's stupid? see everyone says hes stupid but they cant back their trash up...just cause you and edude dont agree with him has nothing to do with him being stupid...shouldn't let your opinions get in the way of your judgement...as for gore...look what he did when he lost the election? he went crying he knew he lost he had rigged it (IMHO) but the rig failed...see he just pulled that little stunt..what do you think would happen if he was in office and wtc fell down? we would be sitting on our thumbs right now saying that we forgive the taliban the pansys that were trying to attack us...im an independant btw i make my calls off of actions not off what political party he or she is in.
    Last edited by interactive; 09-29-2002 at 11:57 AM.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by mind21_98
    Hmm. Even for those who want Saddam out, do you really want your son/daughter to potentially die over there? If Iraq is what Bush says it is, it could be just like another Vietnam, especially if they use their fancy chemical weapons.

I didn't really want to start another "Who do you blame?" thread. All I wanted to do was bring people to contact their Congressmen.
    ok ill contact him...ill let him know i support him all the way even if i dont agree with soemthing...and if we just nuked iraq and start over it would be a better place...as the israeli's moto goes kill em' all and let God sort them out...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

course [removed] will probly go stick women and children out at the fence so we dont attack them...its really sad they have to use their own people like that to protect themselves...kinda reminds me of russia you know?
    Do you have any proof of that? (not saying you're wrong or right)
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-29-2002 at 02:50 PM.
    -Mooneer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast