Question Macromedia Firework question

I haven't used Firework for sometime and was wondering if someone could either point me in the right direction or refresh my memory on how to take a graphic and add text and place a hyperlink on that text message. I really just need to know how to put in the hyperlink. I have a graphic and I have place the words "Home" on the picture but cannot remember how to put in the hyperlink for users when they click on the "Home" in the picture. I remember using the hot spot item but am really confused. Can someone please shed some light on this for me. Thanks

you use the rectangle hotspot tool on the left hand menu,just draw an hotspot around the text ,then at the bottom of the window a new set of options will apear for you to set the link.

thanks and one more quick question how about changing the format from .png to .jpg where do I do that at? Thanks again

Originally posted by D8TA
    thanks and one more quick question how about changing the format from .png to .jpg where do I do that at?
    File --> Export. You can also change the export format from GIF to JPEG etc. using the "optimise menu".

Also as a side note, you can use slices or hot spots

Sorry for all the questions but I have run into another snag. Thanks for the information they worked. I was able to save my image as a .jpg and so the hotspot. My problem is now after I saved and upload to the server the hyperlink isn't there. I think maybe I am not placing it in the right spot. Can someone help here? I created the text "Home", I then used the hotspot and blocked the word Home in and the box turned a light blue around the word. Then in the hotspot box where what looks like a bullseye target I placed the URL for the Home page. Exported and saved as .jpg and uploaded. No link or nothing when I place my cursor on the word Home. What am I doing wrong??

Did you export the HTML with the image? If not, you need to