View Poll Results: What SSL Cert is the best?

19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verisign

2 10.53%
  • Thawte

1 5.26%
  • GeoTrust

11 57.89%
  • Other

5 26.32%

Thread: SSL Cert

Lightbulb SSL Cert

What SSL Cert provider do you use? I am looking to go with the best and safest for my customers. Who should I choose?

you can check for finding out what percentage of market uses which certs.

The question of "Best" or the word "Safest" are very generic just like asking which is the "Best car". It will require more qualification.

Best browser coverage? (Important especially depending on your customer profile and what type of browsers they use)
    Best validation?
    Best Customer support?
    Best Price?
    Best speed of issuance?
    Best Warranty? (since you also are wanting something for your customers Warranty becomes important as now your customers would have a way of suing (highly unlikely and CAs make sure the chances of them being sued is very slim) the CA (ssl provider)

Maybe, you should be running a poll on all 6 aspects of SSL providers to make a good sense of the poll result.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited by hosty; 09-28-2002 at 05:09 PM.

I am using ********** by Comodo. It's got 99% compatibility with all browsers (same as verisign or thawte). It's also much cheaper than the other companies and it comes with varying levels of insurance. I recommend it to all my customers (I resell for them as well).
    Digital Elite Hosting
    Reliable Hosting on IBM Servers

Dpends what 'best' and 'safest' mean to you? Safest would assume what level of encryption is assured across ALL browser versions, including export versions, and this is where the Verisign Global ID's/Thawte SuperCerts come into their own. GlobalSign also offer SGC certs, and as far as I know they are the only 3 companies which are allowed to sell these certs.

Coverage is also an issue, and once again Verisign/Thawte have this pretty sewn up, with the other CA's slowly catching up. Older browser versions remain the property of the Verisign guys though.

The poll is quite interesting, and I would say that pricing definitely skewes those results, and doesnlt take into account the other 'benefits' (for lack of a better word) the other CA's offer...