This is a package deal for the installation of a web based file manager. The package osts a $50 one time fee which is to be paid by check or money order as soon as the installation is complete.
This is a very flexible and secure solution for web based file management. The offer is for the installation of the software with the configuration described below. Again, the offer is for the installation of the software, there is no charge for the software itself. This software is written in perl and requires some perl modules to be present in the system. I will install such modules but will not be responsible if there's a problem with the perl installation. I have also made some modifications to the file manager code to automate some functionality that is
not available in the original version.
30% ($15 per installation) of all proceedings will be donated to the authors of the software.
First come First Served ! (no exceptions)
The file manager supports the following features:
- its own server process which seperates it from the main web server on the server for more security
- multi user. sessions are completely seperated
- ability to authenticate users automatically using their existing system passwords
- file upload/download functionality
- icon and detail views
- sorting by name,date,type
- ability to create new directories and text files
- ability to 'find' (recursively search for) files/directories
- file compression/decompression (good for large log files)
- ability to execute commands without using telnet/ssh (can be turned off)
- 'root jail' functionality, that disallows users to see other peoples' files even if they have read access to
them in the shell (this disables symlinks too)
- ability to access users' public_html directories via a symlink (this is a special case excluded by the above)
- web based configuration interface
- user configurable color schemes
- logos etc customizable
- built in help
- ability to 'VIEW' text files
- ability to 'EDIT' text files
- ability to duplicate, rename, move, or delete files
- ability to change permissions and ownership, group on files/directories
- allowing public_html -and only public_html- when Jail Root is in effect
- automatic restart when users are added/deleted or when their password is changed. ( by default you need to restart the application manually for such changes to take effect )
- optimum configuration parameters for a shared hosting environment out of the box.
- a few simple changes in the startup script
I do not in any way mean to say the original developers could not have implemented the same or similar functionality.