Paypal Accounts??

Hi all, I'm actually pretty new to using paypal and have a few questions I don't understand and I guess some of you guys might know that use paypal.

I have a paypal account which I signed up for a while ago. It's an "International - Unverified" account as i'm in the UK.

Am I right in saying with this account -

I can send money to anyone with a paypal account for free? (i.e no fees or costs?)

Is the only way I can get money into my paypal account from someone paying me? It seems that only US customers can transfer money from their bank into paypal?

If someone is to pay me money - Am I right in saying with this account it won't cost me to receive the money BUT I can only receive the money if they have paid me from funds currently in their paypal account? So if they pay me via a CC I can't get the money?

I like the idea that as far as I know for only 1 I can transfer any money in my account to my bank account in the UK. However the paypal system seems fundamentally floored that I can only receive money from what's in someones account and therefore I guess can only pay people from my account. This means that I can't put money into my account anyhow.

Or have I got this issue confused? Does anyone else use paypal internationally?

Your can send money for free - yes
    As for putting money in from your bank account I've never done it so couldn't say for sure
    It'll cost you a transaction fee to receive money. If they have a verified PayPal account then it can get paid via their e-mail address which which charge it to their creditcard (at least that's what it does to me)

You just have to remember that PayPal is more like Western Union than a merchant account. It's a handy way to get money from you to someone else, quickly and simply.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Thanks Greg,

I wish to use it basically for people to pay me for "odd jobs" and freelance work that I do. It makes it convenient for international clients to pay me and for me to receive the funds cheaply.

The thing that I find the biggest let down is that i can only receive money from people who pay me from the credit in their account opposed to by CC. This doesn't make it all that easy for people to pay as it means they have to have money in their account in the first place and it's not clear that you can put money in simply.

Cheers

If I didn't have a balance in my account, I can still send you money. That money would be taken from my credit card.

Lats...
    Lats...

When I tried to accept a CC payment it said I needed to upgrade to a premier account or something.

Okay, once you get verified, by sending in that 4 digit code from your credit card statement, you should be able to do a CC transaction.

Lats...
    Lats...