hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : script or component like geocities, xoom, angelfire ?

Forum Jump

script or component like geocities, xoom, angelfire ?

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Unhappy

Is there any script or component like geocities, xoom, angelfire use to allot space to its user.
whenever some one get register a direcotry with space of 20 MB is alloted and person to upload files via browser.
I want to have facility like geocites or xoom on my linux server.
Can anyone guide me how to do this....

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

Hello,

Check out http://www.hotscripts.com and look under their 'virtual communitites' listings. You will find severl scripts that do what you are looking for.

Regards,

Mike

Old
Web Hosting Master

<slightly off-topic - apologies>

A warning : once you get everything in, then the hard part begins - supporting all your users and trying to fix anything going wrong.

I know this because I used to be part of the Geocities team before Yahoo! took over.

I've been asked by a former Geocities member to help out with a Geocities-style site (more the chat side, not the homepages side), but I'm required to invest a bit of money in it to pay for server costs as well as spend considerable time providing strategic direction and help out administrating the chat servers (and do this all for free or little revenue). Currently my answer has been no... But it might change if I have the time and commitment.

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

1 Exabyte = two to the sixtieth power byte, 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 bytes

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Service Providers Push Updates to Fight OpenSSL Heartbleed Bug Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:31:27
The Web at 25: A Look at Hosting Through the Years Blog 2014-03-18 10:07:48
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - December 6, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:37
OpenStack and the AWS API Debate Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:29
Pingdom Talks Top Web Hosting Cities and Countries Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:35