* Who have experience with worldwebhosters.com and 49pence.co.uk ?

Who have experience with worldwebhosters.com and 49pence.co.uk ?

Which is good? Which reliable?

Whatever you do - DONT go for 49pence.co.uk!
    The guy who owns it is a very strange person who hated it when a fellow host, with similar plans, was doing better than him. He illegally got hold of their customers emails and tried to destroy them.
    I also hear that they handle with questions badly - saying the will contact the tech guys, of which they have no control over.
    Big downtime problem one month. Alot of fuss!
    Save yourself!

Originally posted by destination
    The guy who owns it is a very strange person who hated it when a fellow host, with similar plans, was doing better than him. He illegally got hold of their customers emails and tried to destroy them.
    I also hear that they handle with questions badly - saying the will contact the tech guys, of which they have no control over.
    Save yourself!
    The owner is a "Very strange person" ?

What did the guy do, wear a clown suit to a funeral or something ?

"Illegally got hold of their customers emails and tried to destroy them"?

Are you trying to say that the owner of 49 pence hacked someone elses server and tried to destroy the emails of all the customers ?

Do you have any proof of this or what the hacked host was ?

I have to question such allegations from someone with 6 posts to his or her name being valid.

I use 49pence for some domain registrations.. seems ok, although i have a few emails which didnt get answered.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

The guy who owns it is a very strange person
    The world is full of strange people

Can you expand on what you mean by ‘The guy who owns it is a very strange person’ strange in what way?

What did the guy do, wear a clown suit to a funeral or something ?
    LOL!
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

That is funny... lol
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Its true!
    I was with 22host and the 49pence guy Ed Butler sent emails to the customers of 22host claiming the host was a joke and was run by an idiot who stole his ideas.
    49pence were promoting themselves in the email and dissing the other host, even though they both used a similar design (which is on a jim template site) in the past - it was VEEY STRANGE.

Stay away from worldwebhosters.com at all costs, email does not work on the plesk server, and they don't plan on fixing it. I was down 80% of the time when I was using them for 3 weeks.

Just stay away, I am not joking!!!!

I know this is digging out an old thread, but thought I would respond to this personally.

The situation is that 22host was started by someone known to ourselves, and it used all the knowledge, experience and information we had gathered to launch itself. The owner denied its existence to us for some time, and when we discovered it was operating off our good name we made efforts to put a stop to it as soon as possible.

I think your comments are very one-sided, it is general knowledge that 49pence has been established much longer than 22host, you can check the domain registrations etc to show this. It is no coincidence that 22host gets its name from the same marketing tactic we used, 49pence/week.

22host made a straight copy of our website, changing the names, and a couple of colours. For anyone that still doubts the validity of my claims I'd recommend a quick trip to www.archive.org, which stores historic copies of thousands of websites. Here you can see that in the terms and conditions, 22host have accidentally left 2 references to 49pence:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200112211...o.uk/terms.asp

(One is in the first paragraph, another is in the indemnity section.)

We do consider this matter closed now, but I would like to put the record straight on it and clarify the situation for potential customers of both companies.

Save yourself!
    I take it you've met / know Ed then?

My personal opinion of him, is that's he's a very decent and honest person.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting