Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 87
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    79

    I am retiring from Web Hosting Talk

    I am disgusted with how bad this place is, I do not have anything against any of the moderators however there are people here who trash this place. Do not delete this post right away, just look and see how many people agree. Maybe even discuss what you can do to improve the value of this resource. It is a good resource however there is a lot of crap that comes with it.

    If you do end up deleting this post right away it will just prove that you do not want to improve the situation, you will only be condoning the negative actions of some of the members here at WHT. You should form something against these people, I want to stay but I just can not put up with it any longer.

    To those of you who are good, I am sorry but it is the truth. Maybe one of these days you will realize what I have and leave also.

    Best of Luck to you all,
    Travis Rowland
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Lexington SC
    Posts
    2,313
    Thus my Sig
    Good luck in your future Travis, just be careful who you do business with.
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,147
    Sorry to see you go. Good luck with FloHost


    and for the record i see no reason for this post to be deleted....moved to the lounge, but no reason for it to be deleted
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    4,962
    It looks like alot of the crap was caused by you...

    You came here saying you were going to save a con of a company, and that Tim and James were just giving it to you for a profit share..

    Timmah comes here over his ban, and tells everyone you tried to steal the customers.. You lied, timmah lied, or you both lied... Either one..

    I hardly would ever beleive Tim, but why would he lie, if what you were saying was the truth, he'd get money out of it, why would he say your stealing the company and you drop him....

    Karma is a bitch huh?
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,588
    The only thing that is wrong with this place is that it is filled with people like you Travis. I followed the whole ear thread, and I know the history of that *company*. What you tried to do what 1. Unethical 2. Illegal and 3. Outright Stupid. You made a bad name for yourself by doing business with earhost, thats just something you will have to learn to understand. Whether you were in cahoots with Tim and James doesn't really matter, your just as bad as them for attempting to do what you tried to do, no matter what condition they were in.

    I for one wont shed a tear seeing you leave. Good Bye.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,147
    Originally posted by The Prohacker
    It looks like alot of the crap was caused by you...

    You came here saying you were going to save a con of a company, and that Tim and James were just giving it to you for a profit share..

    Timmah comes here over his ban, and tells everyone you tried to steal the customers.. You lied, timmah lied, or you both lied... Either one..

    I hardly would ever beleive Tim, but why would he lie, if what you were saying was the truth, he'd get money out of it, why would he say your stealing the company and you drop him....

    Karma is a bitch huh?
    not saying that i disagree with any of your views...but i think these are just the kinds of posts travis was talking about....

    he is voluntarily leaving.....why cant you for 1 minute, be a nice guy and just wish him good luck (he'll need it) and let him go in peace...

    ...of course when he comes back, then you can say whatever you want to him
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    4,962
    Originally posted by akash


    not saying that i disagree with any of your views...but i think these are just the kinds of posts travis was talking about....

    he is voluntarily leaving.....why cant you for 1 minute, be a nice guy and just wish him good luck and let him go in peace...

    The reason I won't let him go in peace, is because he is trying to look like a 'good guy', or that he didn't do anything wrong, and its everyone elses fault...

      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Alabama of course
    Posts
    1,576
    Bye bye... no big loss there....

    Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out .

    By dealing with Timmah and trying to pull a scam you earn no sympathy here.
    KnownHost Managed VPS Specialists
    Fully Managed VPS, Hybrid,and Dedicated Servers
    KnownHost is hiring! Click here for more information!
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,147
    I for one wont shed a tear seeing you leave.
    I dont expect anyone to shed a tear....i think this is one of them "happy departures"
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,147
    Originally posted by The Prohacker



    The reason I won't let him go in peace, is because he is trying to look like a 'good guy', or that he didn't do anything wrong, and its everyone elses fault...

    good point...

    edit:

    however there are people here who trash this place.

    just noticed this....(no i didnt read the whole post...)

    IMO, 1/2 the people that "trash" wht are the ones that spam and scam.

    the other half are little 8-9th grade punks that should be spending their freetime elsewhere...
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,868
    Good bye, we will miss you
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    396


    good luck to you in the future.

    note: im not being sarcastic
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,513
    Flohost, aren't you just a kid?

    Actually... it's threads like this one that raise the noise level here.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    ... in my mind ...
    Posts
    150

    ... i repent ...

    ...dear travis... your farewell message has deeply touched me, and a wave of sympathy for you has washed over me which almost leaves me in tears...

    ...after re-reading your annoucement about what you had planned for the company that hurt so many good people, i have re-evaluated my earlier opinion of your intentions and good will...

    ... i was wrong to doubt you, and to in any way discourage you from your attempt to right a wrong via your planned ressurection of you know who...

    ... please accept my heartfelt apology, and if it makes any difference at all to you, i for one wish you would reconsider your decision to leave wht...

    ... finally, i would like to announce here that i have bought earhost from james' uncle, who is the real owner, and have already paid off all his debts to everybody in the world...
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Hence, thread should be deleted to stop wasting space and time.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    79
    One last note: I just wanted to point out to you that I was right, you are just going to ignore the problems and not try to work things out. I feel real sorry for you people that all you can do is make rude comments about me, I have yet to say anything rude to any of you. I just wanted to make that clear. It just shows how you people like to hit below the belt.

    Well, you all take care and hopefully you will grow up one of these days.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Alabama of course
    Posts
    1,576
    ROFLMAO!

    If you retire your supposto stay gone, so get!

    Your very laughable at best, you go and try to steal a company not worth stealing, lie, etc. You've no right, basis or standing to judge this board or its members in any way shape or form. Now go run along its past your bed-time.
    KnownHost Managed VPS Specialists
    Fully Managed VPS, Hybrid,and Dedicated Servers
    KnownHost is hiring! Click here for more information!
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,588
    Oh look he's back!

    In no way was my intention to be mean or rude. I just call 'em as I see 'em mate.
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,065
    Suggestion to make WHT a better place...
    1. No scam.
    2. No spam.
    3. No namecalling.

    Whait... isn't that the rule already?
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,513
    The only thing I see as a valid complaint here at WHT are the ads. Anyone know any good hosting forums that don't have so many ads or such large ads?
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    I think the ADs are here to help pay for the servers...if not WHT wouldn't be here....sites like sitepoint.com have them too. And it's normal everywhere you go.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,513
    I understand that, but maybe someone has enough money that they don't care about ad dollars and runs a free hosting forum. Someone could get a $49 server from UCG and host a forum like this. ...just a thought
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,100
    << love that
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Originally posted by chrisb
    I understand that, but maybe someone has enough money that they don't care about ad dollars and runs a free hosting forum. Someone could get a $49 server from UCG and host a forum like this. ...just a thought
    Heh, yeah...maybe we could all chip in a bit for some UCG goodness!
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    2,588
    Originally posted by chrisb
    I understand that, but maybe someone has enough money that they don't care about ad dollars and runs a free hosting forum. Someone could get a $49 server from UCG and host a forum like this. ...just a thought
    Mate, if you don't like it, no one is keeping you here. You are here on your own free will. If you want to complain, do so, but do it in the appropriate forum.

    There are plenty of forums like this, but you will have to get used to the ads. If they don't have the big ones yet, they will. Do a search on google.. its your friend.
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,874
    He's retiring ?
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28

    Re: I am retiring from Web Hosting Talk

    Originally posted by FloHost
    there are people here who trash this place. Do not delete this post right away
    Why should a mod delete this thread? They only delete threads which are against the rules.

    just look and see how many people agree.
    Obviously not many people agree with you.

    Maybe even discuss what you can do to improve the value of this resource. It is a good resource however there is a lot of crap that comes with it.
    If you don't like the rules, try to discuss them. If you don't like the people, leave.

    It's that simple.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009

    Re: I am retiring from Web Hosting Talk

    Originally posted by FloHost
    I am disgusted with how bad this place is, I do not have anything against any of the moderators however there are people here who trash this place. Do not delete this post right away, just look and see how many people agree. Maybe even discuss what you can do to improve the value of this resource. It is a good resource however there is a lot of crap that comes with it.

    If you do end up deleting this post right away it will just prove that you do not want to improve the situation, you will only be condoning the negative actions of some of the members here at WHT. You should form something against these people, I want to stay but I just can not put up with it any longer.

    To those of you who are good, I am sorry but it is the truth. Maybe one of these days you will realize what I have and leave also.

    Best of Luck to you all,
    Travis Rowland
    Oh PLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE. Stop your and grow up for crying out loud. WHT sorts out the boys from the men indeed. Now you're really showing your age and lack of maturity.

    Yes, WHT is a tough forum for hosts. Folks like TimPD and the likes thereof don't last too long. Good luck with school and I hope your business [earhost or flohost] goes well.

    If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. Oh, you're already leaving.....
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    Originally posted by FloHost
    One last note: I just wanted to point out to you that I was right, you are just going to ignore the problems and not try to work things out. I feel real sorry for you people that all you can do is make rude comments about me, I have yet to say anything rude to any of you. I just wanted to make that clear. It just shows how you people like to hit below the belt.

    Well, you all take care and hopefully you will grow up one of these days.
    Amazing. How old are you? Like 15 or something?? So you were right hey?? Get some years and experiences under your belt before you start your patronising.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    283

    *

    Wow.. you lie.. you get caught.. then you complain they caught you.
    Jason Mansfield - jmansfie [at] uoguelph.ca
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,513
    Haze:Has all that "hazing" made you uptight? Last time I checked, opinions were allowed here.

    I think flohost mean he's "expiring", not "retiring".
    Last edited by chrisb; 09-27-2002 at 08:11 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,513
    deleted
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34

    In Junior High School

    I remember all those many years ago.....

    There was a boy in my class, complaining about everything there, talking about how as soon as he legally could he was going to quit school.

    We had an elderly janitor who was friends with all the students, good or bad. The boy told the janitor of how he was going to leave. It is the janitor's reply I remember so well.

    He said, "Son, my pappy had a saying for this. His saying was, "Son, it don't hurt the tree if the rattan (rotten) apples drop off.""
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    771
    Hehe..

    Nice one.


    However, I have no real biased opinion here.

    I have travis on my MSN list and he seems ok.. but is always busy with homework

    However, I wish all the best luck to travis on his journey of life.
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,799
    No kiddin'
    Why would anyone try to resesitate a rotten apple any way?
    and if you some how thought you could, what would prevent you from getting some rotten stuff on you in the process?

    How about "Birds of a feather flock together"?
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    526
    I dont know the whole story about earhost, flohost...but in a way i know what travis is talking about

    Prime Example..

    [QUOTE FROM MAZE] Mate, if you don't like it, no one is keeping you here. You are here on your own free will. If you want to complain, do so, but do it in the appropriate forum.[/QUOTE]

    Whats with the attitude?
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    929
    I'm going to agree that in recent months (ironically it seems since the RS buyout for some reason??) WHT has become VERY trashy.
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,147
    Originally posted by The Laughing Cow
    I'm going to agree that in recent months (ironically it seems since the RS buyout for some reason??) WHT has become VERY trashy.
    I don't think it has anything to do with RS....it because of summer vacation - the "newbie" geeks wanted to earn some quick cash, so they thought they'd get into the hosting biz, but then school started and their computer time just disappeared....

    It's become "trashy" because a lot of ppl here are sick of these companies run by 8/9th graders...
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    929
    That's a fair answer Akash- I wasn't suggesting that it was to do with RS, I just was insighting it was a conincidence.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •