Time set wrong in WHT

I am in the CST (Central Standard Time) time zone in Australia but all of the times shown on the forum are 51 minutes ahead of what they should be.

For example it's now 1147 am local time but WHT shows it as 1238 in CST +9.5.

Either the time is set wrong in the server by 51 minutes fast or vBulletin thinks were on summer time down here (which it aint, it has been down to 15C maximums) and the server is 9 minutes slow.

I guess you are in NT where we don't have daylight saving When the US turn their clocks back in October it will be accurate for the next six months.

Hmm just looking at the time I posted it is a bit out if the time was really +9.5

Further edit...if you have a max 15C you must be in SA

It would be good if they set the server time to GMT, like most other people do.

I live in +10, but have my settings set to +9 (at the moment) to show a reasonably close time.

Lats...
    Lats...

You are lucky Lats that you can, but there is no +8.5 so we have to live with six months out of synch

Good point anon-e-mouse, although 6 months seems harsh

This seems somewhat related to the thread about pricing with the cents showing odd amounts.

Lats...
    Lats...

You learn to adjust Not sure it is worth bugging vBulletin about considering the low population of Australia. Just so long as we know when the Northern Hemisphere change their clocks, we can work out the time easy enough. Some of the free forums though have it accurate

All they need to do is set it to GMT.

vB3 I believe has the 1/2 hour adjustment available.

Lats...
    Lats...

We have the 1/2 hour adjustment, but the only one close to our time is +9.5, the only other .5 one is Newfoundland

Don't draw any connections you guys

Clock getting better

Its now running only 8 minutes fast which is better.

Perhaps the server is drifting a bit and doesn't synchronise its time using NTP.

The time has been 8 or so minutes fast for ages...
    -Bruce

Well, something is certainly different as I can now set my profile to my correct time zone - hoo hah!

Lats...
    Lats...

No daylight saving?

The time seems to be spot on now, but using standard time rather than summer time (daylight saving) we have here in sunny Adelaide (when not partially obscured by the moon tomorrow afternoon ).