Reseller or not?

Hi All,

I was just wondering if it makes sense to go with a reseller account instead of 3-5 individual accounts.

I figured it would be easier to put all my sites on one server and a dedicated is too much $.

You don't need to resell accounts if you have one correct?

Thanks

Allstar

Hey Allstar,

For that quantity of sites, a reseller plan might be best. And no, you usually don't have to resell if you have one.

What are you considering? Bulk, maybe?
    Kevin Harris <[email protected]>
    Forum4Hosts.com - The premier forum for hosts, by hosts!

Thats correct allstar.

There are also options on some accounts for multiple domains in one account and they are usually cheaper than a reseller account. You will not get as much flexibility with email/subdomains, etc with a multidomain account.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Hello. My advice to you : Pick a reliable host and then contact them with a request for the custom plan. A lot of hosts provide custom plans for the potential clients. Anyway, Good luck

Thanks for your input guys.

And yes Dan I need "flexibility with email/subdomains"

I was actually browsing for hours today reading posts (do that alot )

I was thinking going with httpme but they are not taking any more orders for now.

I also had looked at Alphaomega quite a bit. The reseller 2 or 3 plan would work for me.

Tell me Dan, do the servers come with ImageMagick installed? I need it for a Dating Site. Also SSH? Your site is done well but a little more info on what's included would be nice.

Lastly, can anyone tell me why I would care if I had my own name servers or not?

Thanks again

Allstar aka Bob

Originally posted by Allstar
    I was thinking going with httpme but they are not taking any more orders for now.

Lastly, can anyone tell me why I would care if I had my own name servers or not?
    Take a look at httpme again, they are taking orders now

As for your own name servers, it's mostly an image & anonimity issue... Nothing much more to it than that.

Re: Reseller or not?

Originally posted by Allstar
    instead of 3-5 individual accounts
    You really should also consider though, whether you want to put a few sites alongside a large number of other sites in a normal reseller environment. Not to say that you'd experience any problems, but the potential is greatly increased for you to do so.

Cheers

Gary

What I suggest is, post a new thread in hosting request forum. There you can mention all the features you, including the number of domains or subdomains. I am sure you will get alot of responses, but onething you might want to check in this forum is, starting a new post, letting people know which offer and host to choose from, regarding liability and speed...etc.

Good luck