Webguyz. Is that how 'Cyberwings' is spelled now?

Been trying to get a hold of my relatively new host recently because of some email problems.

No responses to posts in the forums, no email responses and their 'live support chat room' appears to be for folks who like to go online to chat with the voices in their heads. Their 'help desk', never very good in the first place (they once 'fixed' a problem and closed the ticket without contacting me-- was it fixed or not?), kept making my tickets 'disappear' and then suddenly the password I had been using magically stopped working. The only way to get your password is to.... request it by the broken email system.

Meanwhile, silence.

Hmmm.. now that I think about it comparing Cyberwings and Webguyz is unfair----- Cyberwings at least talked enough to tell lies about what was going on.

Needless to say, not happy at all.

And since this board is what kept me from 'investing' in Cyberwings, I thought I'd share my story to make sure no one else was getting hosed.

Personally (No offense webguyz) I would avoid their company just on general principles.

Not for anything they have done, (Ive never needed em) but the name of the service makes me think of TeEnAgeRz WhO ThInK ThEy R KuUl 2 Spel LiK ThIs

It just doesnt give me a very professional image of the webhost. For a nightclub or a trendy coffee joint, fine. Spell things oddly. But for something that is supposed to make the Average Mike (Average Joe had the night off) cough up the cash, I think "Webguyz" is a bad name.

Frankly, many of the web hosts out there have names that sound like they came from a high school marketing brainstorm.

That aside, they seemed to have their crap together at the time. That seems to have changed.

when i was hanging out in the cyberwings channel, one of the guys from "webguyz" said he was going to come to california and kick my ass.
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

I'm not positive, but before cyberwings went down, there was a reseller with a "ws" domain with a name like webguyz. Is this the one??

Originally posted by Gordo
    I'm not positive, but before cyberwings went down, there was a reseller with a "ws" domain with a name like webguyz. Is this the one??
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's them.

Originally posted by lightnin

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's them.
    Well, like father, like son.

Originally posted by Gordo

Well, like father, like son.
    Can you tell me what you mean by that?

Originally posted by Kornkob

Can you tell me what you mean by that?
    By results, CEO Shawn must have been webguyz's teacher on how to do webhosting. Make promises you can't keep, charge ridiculously low prices and once the credit charges clear, flip the switch and abandon the project and its customers.

This may be a case where the pupil exceeded his tutor. Unlike Shawn, I'm not aware webguyz strung you along for several months. But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

You shouldn't base a site on its name, makes no sence to me. Is "Yahoo" a prof. name, I dont think so.

Mike

Web Guyz, LLC has been working very hard behind the scenes to strengthen our company and to build it into a rock solid empire.

We regret that we took a lot of time away from customer service issues but not every company is perfect.

We had a few server issues recently that resulted in some downtime for some of our web sites. Those people claiming they had no contact with us is false. We always have an e-mail that works and this address was given to our customers around August in a customer update e-mail. It is not our responsibility to call/e-mail EACH customer and make sure they have the working e-mail address. It is their responsibility to read an update e-mail.

Customers could always access their files even during the server issues. At no time did any files disappear or become inaccessible (via FTP).

We are working hard to clear out our help desk and have about 6 remaining tickets open. We have been working with several clients over the phone with certain issues. We recently upgraded our main server (WG3) and have given our systems administrator a raise which has given him more motivation to complete the job on time which he has been doing lately.

We look forward to Web Guyz growing.
    Gonna take a trip? Be sure to check out:
    http://www.takeatripnow.com/

for guaranteed lowest hotel rates plus competitive rates on airfare, car rentals, vacation rentals, and cruises!

Well that may be teh company line but....

I have yet to recieve an offical answer to any of my complaints or questions.

'Why should I choose Web Guyz to design my web site?'
    The answer is simple:

We provide you with one of the best values on the Internet with unbeatable prices and quality work, guaranteed.

- And all the javascript errors you can possibly stick in a page.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Re: Well that may be teh company line but....

I have yet to recieve an offical answer to any of my complaints or questions.
    Your help desk ticket was replied to a few days ago. We apologize for the delay but we are now awaiting your response.

The password issue is nothing we can fix. That is out of our control. We do not control the script nor do we have access to passwords, etc. Your best bet is to create a new account.

for guaranteed lowest hotel rates plus competitive rates on airfare, car rentals, vacation rentals, and cruises!

I'd call a 2+ week turn around, with no email contact (even when requested) as falling a litle bit outside the definition of adequet contact.

Furthermore, at the time I posted this my statement of NO CONTACT was completely TRUE.

Care to tell these people exactly how long it took before my help desk ticket was responded to or shall I do it?

Coming in here and calling me a liar 2 weeks after I complain about lack of responsiveness from you guys is not what I'd call customer service and, frankly, sounds like a Cyberwings move to me.

Give the guy a break!, there are such things as vacations!, geeze!, you think being a customer you would expect decent support! HA!
    dotGig

That Samuel! Always on the side of the host.

Samuel

Although, I didn notice he managed to write that entire statement without the use of periods.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

don't mess with me guy!! DANG DANG! DANG!!!

dotGig

Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I'd call a 2+ week turn around, with no email contact (even when requested) as falling a litle bit outside the definition of adequet contact.

Furthermore, at the time I posted this my statement of NO CONTACT was completely TRUE.

Care to tell these people exactly how long it took before my help desk ticket was responded to or shall I do it?

Coming in here and calling me a liar 2 weeks after I complain about lack of responsiveness from you guys is not what I'd call customer service and, frankly, sounds like a Cyberwings move to me.
    Show us where we called you a liar.

And unlike Cyberwings we do not lie to our customers or steal their money. We are working hard to come back strong and provide even better service than before.

We hit a bump in the road, we apologize for that. Not all companies run 100% smooth especially in their first year of operation.

Originally posted by Web Guyz

Show us where we called you a liar.

And unlike Cyberwings we do not lie to our customers or steal their money. We are working hard to come back strong and provide even better service than before.

We hit a bump in the road, we apologize for that. Not all companies run 100% smooth especially in their first year of operation.

You called me a lair right here:

Those people claiming they had no contact with us is false. We always have an e-mail that works and this address was given to our customers around August in a customer update e-mail.
    I say I had no contact with you. You say that is false. That, in my neck of the woods, is calling me a liar.

Frankly, I don't want to hear stories about how businesses are in the world. No one I've ever talked to cares about a business' growing pains. What I want to hear is whether I can continue to see 3 week turn arounds when there are service problems or if I'll see actual customer service next time.
    Last edited by Kornkob; 10-17-2002 at 07:32 AM.

Whoa! -- I am a Customer Service Intern for WebGuyz. And I can assure you, it is no Cyberwings and ever since Cyberwings closed down, WebGuyz purchased a server or two from RackShack.

If you send your support requests to the help desk, an administrator will fix your problem within that day.

Originally posted by TheTech
    Whoa! -- I am a Customer Service Intern for WebGuyz. And I can assure you, it is no Cyberwings and ever since Cyberwings closed down, WebGuyz purchased a server or two from RackShack.

If you send your support requests to the help desk, an administrator will fix your problem within that day.
    REALLY? My ticket sat in the Help Desk for 2 weeks before I got a response. That was after posting to your support forums and sending emails.

Making claims like that is silly when I have a case that clearly shows that you don't have that kind of service turn around.

How long have you been interning there? Did you happen to start on or before 26 September?
    Last edited by Kornkob; 10-17-2002 at 10:37 AM.

Who runs the Webguyz scene over there? I used to visit the CW and wingtalk channels and I heard a few people talking about Webguyz and I thought there was a couple respectful people getting into it. Doesn't sound like they are following my first impression.

-WC-

That was my impression as well.

However, what I'm seeing now is people who get pissy when customers complain after being ignored for 2 weeks.

WebGuyz has had no previous history of insufficient resources, or unavailability to assist a paying customer. Kornkob, I've sent you an email regarding how we can rectify this situation.

If you have any more questions, please send me a PM, or use the methods I sent you through email.

Regards,

Kyle - WebGuyz Customer Service Intern

You know how this sounds? Remember 'PeterB'? Wasn't he the one that wanted to hunt down Shawn and break his legs?

Is he working for Webguyz?? That would explain things. Kyle, can you tell us who is posting for the username 'Webguyz'? He/she never signs their posts.

-WC-

Originally posted by TheTech
    WebGuyz has had no previous history of insufficient resources, or unavailability to assist a paying customer. Kornkob, I've sent you an email regarding how we can rectify this situation.

If you have any more questions, please send me a PM, or use the methods I sent you through email.

Regards,

Kyle - WebGuyz Customer Service Intern
    Are you guys persisting in saying that I am lying about this?

Your email is irrelevant. I reported my problem in SEPTEMBER. It was mid-October before I saw action on my help desk ticket. I have never gotten a response to the emails I sent to Webguyz. I'd call that a previous history of unavailablity to assist a payng customer.

I was forced to find assistance OUTSIDE Webguyz because your organization (that you claim has no history of unavailability to a customer) was not responding in a timely manner.

Did I get my problem solved? Yes.
    Did Webguyz have damnall to do with it? No.
    Have I recieved a response to emails sent to Webguyz? No.

Yea, I remember PeterB, he's the 17 year old founder of Webguz, they used to be a reseller for cyberwings and was spamming fatwallet's forum several months ago.

Originally posted by WildCard
    You know how this sounds? Remember 'PeterB'? Wasn't he the one that wanted to hunt down Shawn and break his legs?

Is he working for Webguyz?? That would explain things. Kyle, can you tell us who is posting for the username 'Webguyz'? He/she never signs their posts.

-WC-

Kornkob, I am not calling you a liar. And I certainly didn't in the e-mail I sent you. I made sure of that. And could you begin to reply to me by e-mail please?

I am stating that we have not had this problem before.

Thanks.

P.S.: I don't know who is responding under the WebGuyz username here.
    Last edited by TheTech; 10-17-2002 at 07:07 PM.

Ah, so before 3 weeks ago you didn't have this problem. Then suddenly your 1 day turn around for support went to crap, wihtout wanring or indication right around the time you needed to add a new server?

Gee-- that makes it all better.