Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Burst.Net SUX

i warn all of you from this f* up company.

BurstNET: i was told that you were given notice before the server was taken down to grab your data off the server.
    BurstNET: ther is nothign more that can be done
    MeemSites: i was not given any notice what so ever!
    MeemSites: i have been waiting
    MeemSites: they told me they would email me at [email protected] and cal me at work so i can take the data and back it off
    MeemSites: i need access to the data
    BurstNET: i am forwarding the email that was sent to you last week
    MeemSites: dude, I DID not get it and i need access to the data now, i dont think yu realize the severity of the situation i have clients data that was on it that need to be backed up, i had billing data on it, that needs to be backed up
    MeemSites: the server they told me YESTERDAY on the phone would be put online so i can back up the data!
    MeemSites: amnd they told me they would email me and call me
    MeemSites: to tell me how to access my data!
    MeemSites: this was all said to me yesterday!
    BurstNET: you were given notice to the contact info on file regarding the situation. After that you were no longer our client. As far as yesterday was concerned, you would have needed to talk to the customer service dept and you would not have gotten your data
    MeemSites: they customer support TOLD me i would have access to my data
    BurstNET: they were misinformed or unaware of who you were
    MeemSites: who can i speak too, i need the data off the server
    MeemSites: all my cleitns data is on it
    BurstNET: let me repet this. you are not getting the data off the server
    BurstNET: you are no longer a client of ours
    BurstNET: you were given notice to the contact on your account.
    BurstNET: you chose not to respond or ignore that request

I swear by Allah, the most High, may he Strike me Dead if i am Lying that I was not given any notice what so ever. The Server was pulled offline yesterday So i caled them and the man told me that since my site contained Terrorist Sites, they would take my server down!

How the F* am I suppose to control what my clients put up and what they do not. if they had simpley told me what sites to take down I would have complied and taken it down.

I have been a customer of theirs for months now. Anyways I think this is a F* up thing, may Allah the most just give them what they deserve.

I run 2 companies meemSites.com and vminds.com and i ha approximately 12 sites on that particual server, some of them were clients others were mine own.

Their Behavior is Sick, and Disgusting. And on top of this, i paid a huge set up fee not to mention months of service. i swear, I never knew a company could be so Un Just.
    It's all about the Coupons and the Coupon Codes
      0 Not allowed!

That Stupid Company will not even let me have access to my data so that I may back it up, which contained my billing information not to mention my client data!
      0 Not allowed!

Wait, I thought BurstNET supported terrorists?
      0 Not allowed!

I swear by the allmighty Father, Son and of the Holy ghost if you are going to blow $99 bucks on a server go to rackshack atleast you can get someone on the phone when you have an issue.. They may actually be all monkeys but you can get some and atleast talk to a supervisor if needed..

Bless you all in the name of the Father, Son and of the Holy Ghost Amen and may all your days be prosporous(sp?)
      0 Not allowed!

LOL, clockwork, couldn't say it at a better time.
      0 Not allowed!

Angry Customer of MeemSites

I'm a customer of MeemSites.com, and I have to say that the above situation is just plain ridiculous.

Refusing to grant access to the customers' data ("BurstNET: let me repet this. you are not getting the data off the server "), acknowledgement of incompetence of their staff ("BurstNET: they were misinformed or unaware of who you were"), and just plain rudeness (see everything they said) is just plain sad to see in what is supposed to be a professional service.

This is completely unjust and unreasonable, and it is hard to believe a business providing service to as many people as this can behave in this manner.

Meanwhile, no notice was given, no indication of which sites were the offending ones, and refusal to offer assistance only add to the cold-heartedness of this kind of action.

Burst.Net, in my opinion, deserves to be boycotted and shut down (I'd say investigated by the BBB, too) because this kind of behavior is not warranted by any kind of contract, unless they refund my host his money as well as damages, and correct their behavior.

BazzyMG
      0 Not allowed!

The hot question of the day, aren't you the guy that owns taliban-news.com that showed pro Taliban and pro al-Qaida photos, as well as photos of dead american soldiers in Afghanistan?

Registrant:
    Halal Flowers
    3400 RearMont Drive
    Staten Island, NY 10304
    US

Domain Name: MEEMSITES.COM
    Registrant:
    Halal Flowers
    3400 RearMont Drive
    Staten Island, NY 10304
    US

Domain Name: TALIBAN-NEWS.COM
    Yes, you are.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Customer of MeemSites

Originally posted by BazzyMG
    . . . . . . this kind of behavior is not warranted by any kind of contract, unless they refund my host his money as well as damages, and correct their behavior. . . . . . .
    I seriously doubt we know the whole story.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL.

BazzyMG
      0 Not allowed!

* Hah..

Where's my damn jet.. I'll fix this right now!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by anything
    The hot question of the day, aren't you the guy that owns taliban-news.com that showed pro Taliban and pro al-Qaida photos, as well as photos of dead american soldiers in Afghanistan?

Yes, you are.
    Your Point Is?
      0 Not allowed!

Grabs popcorn and M-16.. Taliban
      0 Not allowed!

If i was asked to remove it, I would. RS asked me to remove it, so I did, I assume Burst.net should do the same to say the very least.
      0 Not allowed!

If you support the Taliban I don't think you'll get a lot of help here, but that's just my opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

You said before:

How the F* am I suppose to control what my clients put up and what they do not. if they had simpley told me what sites to take down I would have complied and taken it down.

Now your saying its your site.

-Brendan
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sasjamal

Your Point Is?
    You are pro Taliban and pro al-Qaida. Supporting terrorists is illegal. Halal Flowers in Staten Island, NY does not even exist. Maybe you are in Ohio?
      0 Not allowed!

All services provided by BurstNET Technologies, Inc.™ may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or City law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, unlicensed software or files, or material protected by trade secret and other statue. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless BurstNET Technologies, Inc.™ from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party.
    Looks like they were well within their rights to do what they did, assuming it was because of the content. Perhaps you should read your providers guidelines before placing that type of content on the servers you lease. Just my thoughts.
    <!-- boo! -->
      0 Not allowed!

No there are plenty of other sites that could have easily been Terroist Related, I myself have disabled 2 sites which I discovered that I can think of.

There is a difference in a site that shares news such as JihadUnSpun.net, t-news and others and others that actually advocate Terrorism.
      0 Not allowed!

I am in ohio. I changed the information after I recived what I percieved as threats.
      0 Not allowed!

I am in ohio. I changed the information after I recived what I percieved as threats.
    smart move.. I am pretty sure it is against the rules if I remember correct I would find some vaild address to put in there before you get reported for having false whois info.
      0 Not allowed!

Well done BurstNet KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
      0 Not allowed!

At the risk of taking more fire, I have to say that the biggest issue here seems to be the fact that they did without letting him know ahead of time, nor granting him access to the data.

They are, of course, completely in their right to take down whatever they like, just as free speech allows anyone to post whatever they want (at least, I thought that's what free speech was).

Simply notifying him would have been the appropriate action. And the incompetence on their side (as at it seems, at least) in telling him two different stories, is completely inexcuseable, particular given the way they treated him in the aftermath.
      0 Not allowed!

Besides, as I stated if one of my clients puts somethign there that is against their "what they deem appropriate" I should bee given time to remove it. I have no problem removing a site from their servers, but that server is a server I use for business, if a site is offensive, I have no problem removing it from their network.

I was not told, and now I do not have access to my data.
      0 Not allowed!

No there are plenty of other sites that could have easily been Terroist Related, I myself have disabled 2 sites which I discovered that I can think of.

There is a difference in a site that shares news such as JihadUnSpun.net, t-news and others and others that actually advocate Terrorism.
    Why are you pro Taliban and anti American ?
      0 Not allowed!

I am against InJustice anywhere, if America wanted to take out the Taliban, thats between them and the Taliban, I disagree with the way America handled it.

Bombing of a country can not but kill individual people that are not related to the Taliban, manmy innocent people died who had nothing to do with the Taliban in this war. So I think the Foreign Policy in America could use some work.
      0 Not allowed!

Im not pro or con anything, I take the good from wherver it comes and leave the bad from wherever it comes.

There were good things about Taliban, And bad things about Taliban.

Likewise there are good thigns about Ameirca, and bad thigns about Ameirca.
      0 Not allowed!

How easily we all get derailed. Politics never solved anything.

When the 1st Amendment comes back into effect, let me know. I should just head off to Europe or somewhere where people can have their own opinions, and not have to subscribe to what is popular at the time.

Even there it's not quite free speech, but some of those countries still allow you to have your opinion. It seems like there's no room for that here.

*siiiigh...braces for more gunfire*
      0 Not allowed!

Suspension/De-Activation:
    If any terms or conditions are failed to be followed it will result in grounds for account suspension or de-activation. BurstNET™ reserves the right to remove any account without prior notice. If BurstNET™ deactivates your account(s) for violating policy, your will forfeit your rights to a refund...and none will be given. No refunds for advance payments, on de-activated accounts. Normal policy is a warning first, and account de-activation the second offense. Serious offenses may cause immediate de-activation.
    We, as members of this forum who are generally ignorant of the reasons these kinds of things happen have absolutely no idea how serious the offenses are/were, nor will we likely ever hear the whole story from an uninterested party. That said, freedom of speech does not apply to the private sector. They have every right to censor, deny, turn away, or promote anything they house. Perhaps this will disuede others from using Burst in the future, perhaps not. Regardless, it is up to them to decide what to pull and what not to pull and if they actually came here to back up their claim, they'd be limited by the fact that they can't really release any private information.

From all of this, I personally cannot draw and distinct conclusions other than the fact that Burst thinks they did the right thing and you guys think they did the wrong thing. It happens. We can't all be happy all of the time.
    <!-- boo! -->
      0 Not allowed!

Besides, as I stated if one of my clients puts somethign there that is against their "what they deem appropriate" I should bee given time to remove it. I have no problem removing a site from their servers, but that server is a server I use for business, if a site is offensive, I have no problem removing it from their network.
    Your are ultimately responsible for what is on your server no one else! If you were doing your job you would have know what was on your server!
    I was not told, and now I do not have access to my data.
    You should have your own backups, stop whining!
      0 Not allowed!

My Job is to enjoy life. not Monitor what my clients do.

If my clients break the tos, i give them time to take care of it.

Likeiwise if i break the TOS, i should be given time to rectify the Affair.

If you dont thnk this, then I think your UnJust. And I hope it happens to you too
      0 Not allowed!

What bazzy was saying about Free Speech was probably referring to some of the comments on this thread and nowt how Burst.net the sickening company handled my affair.
      0 Not allowed!

As stated, I don't think we can draw a distinct conclusion without all of the facts. We don't know what may have constituted a serious offense, and so we have very limited vision. It sucks to be in this type of situation, it really really sucks.
    And I hope it happens to you too.
    That's silly.
    <!-- boo! -->
      0 Not allowed!

What bazzy was saying about Free Speech was probably referring to some of the comments on this thread and nowt how Burst.net the sickening company handled my affair.
    First we do not know what was on your server, and if it was terrorist related, which you have not denied I think any host would be well within their rights to pull your server and turn the drive over to authorities.

By you comment “My Job is to enjoy life. not Monitor what my clients do.” You deserver what you got. I hope the next step is a visit by the FBI!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DizixCom
    As stated, I don't think we can draw a distinct conclusion without all of the facts. We don't know what may have constituted a serious offense, and so we have very limited vision. It sucks to be in this type of situation, it really really sucks.That's silly.
    Scott!! You are so profound today. I have to agree with everything you've said.

I would propose the thread starter brush up on the "Freedom of Speech" thing.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

I am against InJustice anywhere, if America wanted to take out the Taliban, thats between them and the Taliban, I disagree with the way America handled it.

Bombing of a country can not but kill individual people that are not related to the Taliban, manmy innocent people died who had nothing to do with the Taliban in this war. So I think the Foreign Policy in America could use some work.
    Do you know how many innocent people died on September 11 who had nothing to do with the taliban?

Obviously you're a taliban supporter.
      0 Not allowed!

My Job is to enjoy life. not Monitor what my clients do.

If my clients break the tos, i give them time to take care of it.

Likeiwise if i break the TOS, i should be given time to rectify the Affair.

If you dont thnk this, then I think your UnJust. And I hope it happens to you too

Umm if you are hosting paying customers it is your job to watch your customers.. Without them you would not have any money and life would not be so enjoyable.. You are responsible for the content on your server no one else.. I also dont understand why you did not have any backups? If I was hosting such risky content I would be damn sure to backup my server as you should have realized the party would come to an end sometime..
      0 Not allowed!

Im not pro or con anything, I take the good from wherver it comes and leave the bad from wherever it comes.

There were good things about Taliban, And bad things about Taliban.

Likewise there are good thigns about Ameirca, and bad thigns about Ameirca.
    List three good things the taliban did?
      0 Not allowed!

Burst Response

Here we go. The violation in question was directly related to our AUP in which we will not support services which cause problems to our network. As this individual hosted numerous sites, which we found to bring us under DOS attacks, e-mails were sent out to a number of server owners. Server owners who cannot control what their users do on our network are customers we cannot afford to keep. We performed our complaince, and kept our mouths shut. Given the opportunity to remove such clients from our network, we did so without hesitation. Clients were individually contacted with this e-mail:

"Dear Madam or Sir,

Based on the number of complaints that we have received, and following the US Patriot Act established 10/25/2001 http://www.eff.org/Privacy/Surveilla...riot_bill.html we no longer are willing to host you as a client anymore. You will be given 24 hours to remove your site content off of our network prior to the servers being shut down. Please accept this as your only notice that on 9/20/02 servers:

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you, but feel this is the only action we can take.

Sincerely,"

He also had another server which he was given 4 days to remove data off of prior to removing the server, as we felt that sites would go right back up again on the other server. Burst does NOT support terrorism, and we along with many of you were shaken forever with the unspeakable acts of an individual/individuals. Many of us have lost family and friends, or known someone who has. We have no desire to host such sites which promote the support and praise of our fallen brothers and sisters. This is all I have to say on this matter.

Thank you,
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Scott!! You are so profound today. I have to agree with everything you've said.

I would propose the thread starter brush up on the "Freedom of Speech" thing.
    Man, this last two months have been such a pain, constantly working while two of my favorite rooms in the house were destroyed by a water pipe (the bathroom and the family room turned computer room). Today the renovations/remodeling were pretty much finished, compliments of AAA homeowners insurance, and I didn't have to work much at all. I pretty much sat on my butt all day, collecting a good deal of dust and loving every minute of it. I actually watched Lord of the Rings on DVD and wasn't even interrupted!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program... Shyne, toss me one of them handy dandy guns you're so fond of firing. I'm in the mood!
    <!-- boo! -->
      0 Not allowed!

THANKS BurstCSM for the info...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast