Hybrid View

billing problem from Gearhost.com

Has anyone else ever used Gearhost web hosting services? What's your experience with them ?

I used their hosting for about 2 months and cancelled my account on Aug. and they confirmed me the cancelation. But they keep sending me past due message of my account and charged me on Sep. I asked them why they keep billing me but never get their answer.

Does anyone has the similar experience with Gearhost.com ?

Think you could tell us why you cancelled the account with them?
    Have you Floble'd today?

Maybe you can call them?
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I have been using them for some time but have not had experience with having to cancel an account. I have only had 1 problem thus far. When my father-in-law tried to call them (multiple times) he found only 1 person there could answer his questions.

I can say this - if you can get a hold of Ryan (he posts here as well), he is pretty good at helping out.
    Last edited by Dubtastic; 09-26-2002 at 09:48 AM.

"The more famous I get, the more I am tolerated, albeit with some head-shaking"
    - H. R. Giger

Now I got the same problem with the thread starter. I can't believe gearhost has this billing problem. Anyway, I'll post at their forum and ask them about it.

I was wondering how they could give away free months, a free domain name, and afford advertising space here.

(See attached image)

Should they add endless billing and charges to that ad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gear.gif  
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

I can't post in their forum right now because I'm still waiting for the activation code of their forum software. I still didn't receive it. I don't want to email them because the last time I email them Last august 17.. I got no response. I did tried using their ticket manager when I was still hosting with them and ask their support to forward my concern. Someone confirmed to me about my ending of business with them. I think their billing people are tooooooo slow in taking care billing matter.

I've nothing against with their other services. They are great really...I'm happy with them before but the billing sucks... maybe its just the billing people. I just hope RyanK is not with the billing team. He is the founder and owner right?

One more thing the reason why I left gearhost it is because I need a totally linux host and somehow I can't find a package right for my site.

I sent them a presales question in August and never received a responce. Glad i didn't choose them...

Call them

The answer to most hosting Problems is Communication. if they have a phone Just call them.

---------------------
    Sam
    Infinet Hosting

[off topic]

Nerbie, I found you here!
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

Re: Call them

Originally posted by Infinethost
    The answer to most hosting Problems is Communication. if they have a phone Just call them.

---------------------
    Sam
    Infinet Hosting
    If i'm going to call them it will cost me more than just the monthly fee. I'm located somewhere else. ANyway, ryan took charge about my problem. Hope to hear from him soon.

Off topic : JeffryW you are also here hehehehe

Originally posted by whatever
    I sent them a presales question in August and never received a responce. Glad i didn't choose them...

As what i've said they have a great service... except the billing matter. Hope they can improve it and make them one of the best host around.

nerbie,

if you were receiving fine service, why did you decide to cancel?

just curious

Originally posted by CSD
    nerbie,

if you were receiving fine service, why did you decide to cancel?

just curious
    Maybe his website went under.....
    www.atlanticrail.com

Originally posted by nerbie
    One more thing the reason why I left gearhost it is because I need a totally linux host and somehow I can't find a package right for my site.

The quote above is my earlier post. All we need to do is read.