TheWaypoint.com - Review Request

Hey, just trying some Ideas out, what do u think of the layout? I know it takes a little longer to load, but is it that bad? (im on cable, not sure how it is for others.)

Flames, Suggestions, Donations of large sums of money accepted

Thanks,
    Chris Jennings
    TheWaypoint.com

that is quite a neat layout, great concept.
    maybe try making the content box a little bigger.

Nice and clean, bright and vivid, but all that empty space with larger resolutions.

The site looks OK. The buttons designed look big in size. The color scheme is good. The right column looks bigger and can be aligned to the right.

Lower prices, but site looks good.
    Marcus Brown

Re: TheWaypoint.com - Review Request

Originally posted by thewaypoint
    I know it takes a little longer to load, but is it that bad? (im on cable, not sure how it is for others.)
    Did you compress the graphics at all? That could be your problem. I checked out your "topleft1.jpg" image = 48k? Just to check I took it and compressed it as a gif, "topleft1.gif" image after compression = 12k. It would probably load faster if you compressed them a bit.

The design looks pretty good. A lot of empty space, but you don't have much content anyway. I don't like the enlarged icons. Not sure if you actually wanted to have them pixelated like that or if you realized that enlarging them would do it and stuck with it. To me, it just looks like low-res graphics. Also would recommend a different font, the dotted outline text doesn't stand out very well. Otherwise, good concept.

Maybe you should center it or make it wider there is a lot of space to the right.

Thanks

I compressed all the images, can you all tell a dramatic difference?