SSL Certificates for resale

I was just wondering who, if anyone, offered SSL certificates for resale on a pay-as-you-go basis besides GeoTrust. (I don't want to buy a whole bunch of them at once since I can't cost-justify that kind of expense but I wouldn't mind being able to buy up to 3-4 at a shot.)
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

you can get a geotrust SSL cert for FREE for a whole year. www.freessl.com

their site never works for me ,i always get invalid csr
    the signing request is valid.i give up with them

Originally posted by modihost
    you can get a geotrust SSL cert for FREE for a whole year. www.freessl.com

Although Geotrust owns Freessl, the certificate that you get from Freessl (branded Usertrust) is not the same as the one you get from Geotrust (branded Equifaxsecure).
    Freessl and Geotrust should be seen as two different companies offering different products and catering to two different market segments.

Originally posted by Marshall

Although Geotrust owns Freessl, the certificate that you get from Freessl (branded Usertrust) is not the same as the one you get from Geotrust (branded Equifaxsecure).
    Freessl and Geotrust should be seen as two different companies offering different products and catering to two different market segments.
    they are owned by the same company and have very comparable browser coverage hence, if you really want to spend money with geotrust than go with freessl cos its free . anyway, back to the question:

why do you have to commit to anything anyway? go open an account with www.instantssl.com (I am an instantssl reseller) they have been very good to me and everytime I tell them to jump, they ask how high! these guys know customer care. Anyway, even though their basic account opening start from $200 which then allows you to buy certs about $40 each (fully validated and fully supported and you get your own support guy etc). If you don't want to pay $200 as a deposit then talk to their sales guys who are very accomodating and I have no doubt they will open an pay as you go account for you.

hosty

Originally posted by hosty

why do you have to commit to anything anyway? go open an account with www.instantssl.com (I am an instantssl reseller) they have been very good to me and everytime I tell them to jump, they ask how high! these guys know customer care. Anyway, even though their basic account opening start from $200 which then allows you to buy certs about $40 each (fully validated and fully supported and you get your own support guy etc). If you don't want to pay $200 as a deposit then talk to their sales guys who are very accomodating and I have no doubt they will open an pay as you go account for you.

hosty
    Alternatively, you could just wait till the begining of october and get the exact same certificate as Instantssl's for half price form Freessl.

Originally posted by Marshall

Alternatively, you could just wait till the begining of october and get the exact same certificate as Instantssl's for half price form Freessl.
    Marshall, in a different thread about half an hour ago you claimed you did not know if fressl will offer support or not: here is your excerpt:
    thread called: "Best place to buy a secure certificate?"
    Marshall: "Since I do not work for Geotrust, I will just have to wait and find out like the rest of you."

Yet here you are claiming that that cert is "exact same certificate as Instantssl". Well for it to be exact same, then it has to offer full telephone support and proper validation. Are you now claiming that it does offer support? If you don't know you should not be claiming things as we might mistake you for a guy working for Geotrust

Who are you and why are you always promoting geotrust yet pretending to be "not working for geotrust"?

Why are you saying something in a different thread and then coming saying something else here? do you think we don't read both threads?

hosty

I thank you, hosty, for the instantssl.com link and I do plan on taking a closer look at them in detail (if I do sign up as a reseller with them, I'll mention you for the credit). However, I do have one question: what's the difference between an InstantSSL Premium certificate at $119 and a GeoTrust QuickCert for the same cost? (And for that matter, what's the difference between the $49 InstantSSL cert and the GeoTrust $119 QuickCert?)
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

Originally posted by TheGAME1264
    I thank you, hosty, for the instantssl.com link and I do plan on taking a closer look at them in detail (if I do sign up as a reseller with them, I'll mention you for the credit). However, I do have one question: what's the difference between an InstantSSL Premium certificate at $119 and a GeoTrust QuickCert for the same cost? (And for that matter, what's the difference between the $49 InstantSSL cert and the GeoTrust $119 QuickCert?)
    thanks TheGAME1264. instantssl people have tried to identify, factually, the differences between all ssl providers on a website called www.whichssl.com .

hosty

Hmm... GeoTrust says they support Opera 5, but whichssl says they don't. I wonder which is true?

I also wonder how InstantSSL (Comodo) can instantly verify company legitimacy as the chart claims. I'm not totally skeptical...hey, they may well know something I don't...but when places like Thawte, Entrust, and Verisign need 2-3 business days to do the same, it makes one wonder.

Overall though, it's a very useful link. I like that everything's encapsulated (however the bias may be) on one site.

hosty, you totally rock the party that rocks the body!

apparently they have put together the largest directory on the web ... which has got all the pre-validated data

this must be a nightmare to manage ... infact I'd love to know how they do it ..

I sent their support guys an e-mail and got an immediate response (now that's rare!), which stated their directory contains 15 million links, 5 mill. legal entities and 10K's of brands...read more on www.idauthority.com

I wonder how many certs. really go through this system and how many actually need to be manually validated? They quote upto 2 days max. for a turn around if certs. need to be manually validated ... well that's still better than V and T

At least they validate the end entity though... from other threads I have been shocked to find out that the QuickSSL and FreeSSL products are NOT properly validated ...

Yeah, I've had it with you people posting your links to sites you run. It is ridiculous. All URLs blocked. Next we look at the other company to see if they've been spamming the forum. As I said, I (and others) are tired of it. You guys have spammed the forum directly (banned) and indirectly and it won't be tolerated.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken